Andrew 'Mini' McQualter | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew 'Mini' McQualter

Generalises a bit, no stats like Dimma. Shows a bit of humour. Short cut answers. There's not much he can really say or show until (if) he becomes coach.

Reckon Mini would’ve kept the same team this week but told the lads all credits in the bank are reset. Next week the side is picked on form and merit.

Reactions: 1 users
so Many coaches at tigerland.
not seeing many cups beside the names.
Bull Bullshit GIF by Travis

so Many coaches at tigerland.
not seeing many cups beside the names.
Bull *smile* GIF by Travis
Disappointed Dusty did not start in the centre on more occasions. He plays better when he goes in the guts and then goes forward. Poor coaching.

Reactions: 2 users
Don't worry about the result
He did nothing in game to change the game.
He kept Martin forward when we get slapped in the middle and the Pickett in the guts experiment was a stackable move.
Can't put all the blame on him because between Teague Rutten and Him they would struggle to motivate a under 12's side.
A really underwhelming performance inside the Box.

Reactions: 1 user
Didn’t see anything really different from what I saw against the Bummers

Only his first game, and it was a crazy week, but that was an underwhelming first crack. Absolutely nothing looked different. Actually feeling worse about the rest of the year now, if that was possible.

Seems like a good bloke but in the end this rebuild can’t have a bloke who was with Dimma for over 10 years. Needs fresh eyes with no attachment to older players and has innovation and vision about how to best model this group and game style into the future

Reactions: 6 users
Seems like a good bloke but in the end this rebuild can’t have a bloke who was with Dimma for over 10 years. Needs fresh eyes with no attachment to older players and has innovation and vision about how to best model this group and game style into the future
100% agreed. Lambo and Ivan Maric stay to help preserve the ‘Richmond’ way

Had no real time to stamp his ideas on the game so can't be hard on him but certainly hope to see something positive next week
A cardboard cut out of Hardwick wouldve preformed better in the coaches box.
I saw absolutely nothing today.

Mini speaks and presents pretty well but sometimes a group of players needs a completely different tactical platform simply because it’s a fresh message, a new set of challenges.

Also, a new tactical outlook has ripple effects through recruiting and list management.

I’d love to see an Yze or similar untried impressing our recruitment panel with a solid grasp of evolving tactics.

If Mini was to apply, he’s probably well advised to offer something completely different also.

Reactions: 2 users
he’s got another 10 or so to prove himself. But he’s 0 out of 1 so far imo.
First thing they had to try was at selection and to go too top heavy in the wet with players that couldn’t even contest marks let alone take them was poor. Midfield rotations were poor too - why wasn’t Cotchin or Martin thrown in there in Q1 or Q4 when we were being smashed at clearance.

Mini speaks and presents pretty well but sometimes a group of players needs a completely different tactical platform simply because it’s a fresh message, a new set of challenges.

Also, a new tactical outlook has ripple effects through recruiting and list management.

I’d love to see an Yze or similar untried impressing our recruitment panel with a solid grasp of evolving tactics.

If Mini was to apply, he’s probably well advised to offer something completely different also.
Comments from the oracle. For McQualter's sake I hope he is reading this.

They stand no chance if a certain PRE sage puts his hand up - COACH CARTER!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
I didn't think we'd get close to Port yesterday.
A 10 point loss? I'll take that after the week we've had.

Was a terrible start by the team in the first quarter. We were flat as a pancake & that's what cost us the result ultimately.
Obviously some changes were made at quarter time & reset the group cause they were much better for the rest of the game.

Pretty solid start from Mini from an outside view.

Reactions: 8 users
I can handle losing but geez still a reluctance to move the magnets. Throw Balta fwd or in the ruck… Rioli fwd… baker in the guts etc just something.
Yeah, I was hoping for something. It was pretty vanilla, Pickett on the ball the only real move.

We need some class on the wings, I think it's time for Banks. We need something different.

Drop some kids in. Play Brown. Let's see what they have.