Andrew 'Mini' McQualter | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew 'Mini' McQualter

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Port's run/workrate exceeded ours. We need more run, unfortunately apart from Sam Banks most of the options for that are injured.
This was so evident at the game. They just had an extra man available at the contest a few times. We simply don't have the running capacity any longer. 10 points is less than half a goal a qtr. You think about the output from the likes of Chimp/Prestia/Reiwoldt/Grimes in this game compared to 3 years ago. Add dusty attending one centre square contest and there's your half a goal a qtr.

Prestia's dropoff has hurt the most IMO.

We need to be ultra slick with our conversion to win the games. The Cats game is a great example, we converted our opportunities early to establish a winning lead.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Spot on. And that was actually evident. A few tweaks and trying to get a structure that resembles training. I would expect more tweaks over the coming weeks. Port's run/workrate exceeded ours. We need more run, unfortunately apart from Sam Banks most of the options for that are injured.

Ohh and Rhyan's defensive running and forcing poorer options out of defense was significant. MJR might have been interesting in yesterday's game.

Agree, there was never going to be major changes for Sundays game, it wasn't practical. In reality a new gameplan needs an entire off-season to implement and some oracles on here suggesting we could have done that in 6 days. Laughable.

Agree on Mansell too, there are plenty want him booted, but he was fairly good on Sunday. 8 score involvements show he was getting involved and his chasing etc was very good. Would be nice to have more than 1 of them chasing though.

Reactions: 3 users

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
Agree, there was never going to be major changes for Sundays game, it wasn't practical. In reality a new gameplan needs an entire off-season to implement and some oracles on here suggesting we could have done that in 6 days. Laughable.

Agree on Mansell too, there are plenty want him booted, but he was fairly good on Sunday. 8 score involvements show he was getting involved and his chasing etc was very good. Would be nice to have more than 1 of them chasing though.
Well if mini isn’t going to make changes because they’d take too long and just hold the fort then he’s no chance of getting the gig and maybe that’s why he’s been given the role.

There’s been plenty of rumours that Dimma was going to leave at season’s end or see out one more year and then go, so I’m sure the club has done its due diligence and already have a short list of candidates they want to talk to. The last thing they need is a Rutten or Teague muddying the water by doing a good job as the interim

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Nanks had 22 touches yesterday and was in our best 4 players on the ground.
Not sure what game you watched but Samson would be lucky to get 10 possessions playing first ruck yesterday.

yeah, the idea that you would keep Nank out for Miller is absurd.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
We are seriously not far off challenging.
For me the players took instruction and followed the coaches instruction. it could have been a 50 point annihilation. but he arrested the slide and we are competitive.
Add Hopper Lynch and Gibcus and we win that match.

Changes will come for 2024. Jack and Cotch will exit.
Hawthorn paired their list right back and are now showing signs of a lot of potential.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
For me the players took instruction and followed the coaches instruction. it could have been a 50 point annihilation. but he arrested the slide and we are competitive.

Hawthorn paired their list right back and are now showing signs of a lot of potential.
Port were missing Boak, Dixon and Marshall. They would have annihilated us with those players

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
I'm having trouble with the name 'Mini'.

Not for the coach of the Richmond Football Team ffs.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

Let's be honest here. The scoreline flattered us. We were completely outplayed.

Only our backline holding up so well prevented it being a lot more.

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Port were missing Boak, Dixon and Marshall. They would have annihilated us with those players
Dixon averages a goal a game against us over his career, Boak is probably marginally ahead of Cotch on form this year, and Marshall wouldn't have done much better than his replacement- Lord. not sure what makes you think those 3 would make them significant;y stronger.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
You beauty ! There it is again. The most common used word-phrase in all of football, especially at Richmond. Gets rolled out once or thrice every single week.

“Looking forward to the challenge.”

Yes !

• Haha

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Let's be honest here. The scoreline flattered us. We were completely outplayed.

Only our backline holding up so well prevented it being a lot more.
I dont agree with that at all. Think their backline was their saviour too. They were having great difficulty scoring through our team defence.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
I dont agree with that at all. Think their backline was their saviour too. They were having great difficulty scoring through our team defence.

They had 67 inside 50's - A huge number to our 45.

We got smashed in the middle (Taranto aside) as well.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Was there only one journo in the presser? It was the same female asking all the questions.

Very bizarre.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004

Did Mansell kick a goal? Did he kick a behind? Did he trouble the scoreboard in any way?

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
It's hard to change the game plan mid year you can make tweaks, but personal can be changed anytime and in 2 games his did neither same old.