Ash Barty | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ash Barty

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If we survived James Hird handing over the Norm Smith to Dusty in 2017, I'm pretty sure we can survive Ash handing over the cup to Dimma and Chimp.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Great choice, great precedent. I call dibs for the 2021 cup!

Reactions: 1 users

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
I 'smile'ing love Ash Barty. In a sport littered with the biggest flogs she comes across as a fantastic person.

Reactions: 14 users

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Obviously if you are not much of a tennis fan, have barely heard of her, don't care what her history is, and you haven't being paying attention to the numerous news items about Barty / Tigers on the Tigers website and in the sporting media over the years, etc etc, you'd have no idea that she has had a long association with the club from well before we started winning games regularly, and has a strong on-going connection to Cotch and others in the club.
And that's fine to not know or care.
But that then leaves you in a precarious position to make big assertions about the level of her involvement with the club and suitability to hand over the cup, when you literally have no idea.
And don’t we always see our Captain in her reserved seating during the AO!,,,

This decision in the context of her support for the Tigers ( No1 ticket/member) and the restrictions due to COVID is reasonable, appropriate and damn good!

waddya reckon, George Pell has been the number one ticket holder for longer, so he should fly in and have the honour!!!

for goodness sake, whatever your qualms about the presenter, put it aside and get focused on winning another premiership.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I heard the real reason why the club chose Ash because she can get her hands on some quality tennis Rackets, so we can sell them off to Bucks and Co..

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
If we survived James Hird handing over the Norm Smith to Dusty in 2017, I'm pretty sure we can survive Ash handing over the cup to Dimma and Chimp.
We will man, but geez all I want is the Tigers to be presented with it.

I didn't give a stuff by who. Glad tto hear its Ash though a little Tiger Champ.

I thought i was antsy last Friday ...man I'm on edge already

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We will man, but geez all I want is the Tigers to be presented with it.

I didn't give a stuff by who. Glad tto hear its Ash though a little Tiger Champ.

I thought i was antsy last Friday ...man I'm on edge already

:) Now craig, are you going behave tomorrow or should we ask Mr T to setup 2 match day threads? One for those with a gift to see the worst of every situation, and one for the normal people :)

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Crazy things happen on the matchday thread. Someone accused Prestia of not going hard for the ball last week and I nearly dropped my laptop.

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
The Barty Party will be up and about tonight

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Man, Ash Barty handing the Cup Dimma and Chimp sure ruined the entire event.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Would have been better if we'd booed her relentlessly up until the point Dimma and Chimpa took the cup.

What a disgrace

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Disappointed they didn’t cut to her after one of our goals.
Poor effort CH7

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
How long was she up on the stage for? Can't have been longer than 30 secs. Hope they invited her in for a few beers afterwards.