Assistant Coaches | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Assistant Coaches

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
We have a number of younger coaches who may well be given a lift in responsibility like Ferguson or X. Clarke. It’s also possible that maybe Fly might want to make the change to senior Assistant coach. We may not bring anyone of note in and promote from within and appoint a young first year coach at a lower level.

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 19, 2007
We have a number of younger coaches who may well be given a lift in responsibility like Ferguson or X. Clarke. It’s also possible that maybe Fly might want to make the change to senior Assistant coach. We may not bring anyone of note in and promote from within and appoint a young first year coach at a lower level.

Good point re: fly. My only reluctance is to interfere with what is working so well between the VFL/AFL sides the way things are. Fly seems to be able to get everyone to buy in when they play in the seconds.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Good point re: fly. My only reluctance is to interfere with what is working so well between the VFL/AFL sides the way things are. Fly seems to be able to get everyone to buy in when they play in the seconds.
Even more important is that Fly seems to have totally bought into the idea that the magoos is to teach and prepare players for senior footy. Fly's been doing a ripping job with bringing our youngsters n rehabbing players through.
Biggest issue for clubs when the Ressies were killed off was getting the coaches of the " affiliated " VFL clubs to prep the AFL players for returning or advancing to senior AFL footy. Affiliated coaches and clubs were interested only in advancing their own cause.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I agree, not saying we should move him but it may come down to what he wants to do.
If he wants to stay development coach and vfl coach that’s fine by me as he has done an outstanding job

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Thanks TBR, Steve Johnson and Lenny Hayes both are terrific options.
Many newly retired players to come in with a fresh voice.
This could be a positive

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012

Gotta hang onto McRae, just have to.
He brings so much to the Club and the players really respect him.
In my opinion, he has the nous and footy acumen to be a really good senior coach.
I'm sure his contributions from the bench on match day are just as important as anyone else's in the coach's box.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
There’s nothing else for Cara to do. Ball movement coaches will lay a foundation and, should that foundation prove successful, tinker as required. In 2019 we have needed to tweak the back six as well as get a spluttering forward line up and running.

Aside from folding some silk into the mids, our ball movement looks very similar to 2017. Maybe more precise than it was then due to the extra polish we have injected.

Cara is an impact coach. He will leave Essendon in a few years to on-sell his wares.

Most importantly, his IP remains with us. In any case, we will continue to evolve our ball movement when we have the likes of Rioli, Pickett, Stack, Ross and Bolton bossing our midfield.

When that happens, our ball movement coach will simply need to turn up to training with a clipboard.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Didn’t want to start a new thread, however I see there’s another retire Scott Thompson of the Roos, pretty good player imho, however zero respect for the *smile* weak tactics he used in the modern game, dropping the knees, late ear massages, falling on players, just a dog of a footballer to me, go back 20 years and have no issue with what he did as if he was game enough he’d know there’d be retribution, however he knows nothing happens today, glad to see he leaves the game with out a flag. Rant over ;)

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
As if we needed any further reason to hate Essendon, in Age Article today Caro writes what the Tige's really think about Essendon's poaching and Dan Richardon's attempt to reshape Essendon in Richmond's image :mad:

Hopefully the replica, (or should I say forgery), is never as good as the original.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Didn’t want to start a new thread, however I see there’s another retire Scott Thompson of the Roos, pretty good player imho, however zero respect for the **** weak tactics he used in the modern game, dropping the knees, late ear massages, falling on players, just a dog of a footballer to me, go back 20 years and have no issue with what he did as if he was game enough he’d know there’d be retribution, however he knows nothing happens today, glad to see he leaves the game with out a flag. Rant over ;)

It's all good CC. The Footy Gods saw to him. A burst nut was his punishment for all the ills you have spoken about

• Haha

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Dan Richardson is a *smile* and shouldn't be allowed back at the club. Remember when he blamed the fans?

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
There’s nothing else for Cara to do. Ball movement coaches will lay a foundation and, should that foundation prove successful, tinker as required. In 2019 we have needed to tweak the back six as well as get a spluttering forward line up and running.

Aside from folding some silk into the mids, our ball movement looks very similar to 2017. Maybe more precise than it was then due to the extra polish we have injected.

Cara is an impact coach. He will leave Essendon in a few years to on-sell his wares.

Most importantly, his IP remains with us. In any case, we will continue to evolve our ball movement when we have the likes of Rioli, Pickett, Stack, Ross and Bolton bossing our midfield.

When that happens, our ball movement coach will simply need to turn up to training with a clipboard.

So Baron the next coach can be Gerry group think and he will be able to cover for Cara.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Essendon could get Ferguson, Bobby Moore and Paul Sproule
And they would still struggle.
There years without a flag are mounting up to they might go past us with 37....

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Dan Richardson is a **** and shouldn't be allowed back at the club. Remember when he blamed the fans?

Yep. He got a decent clip for that. Didn't front the media much after that very stupid comment

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
So Zipping u r adopting an Ess out Ess in approach?
(or just extracting the urine?)

How about Knightah?
Would love to see him back.

Kinghter has been contaminated by Scott.
I love knighter but there's no cure for Scott.