Australian Idol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Australian Idol

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
I watch it, when it first started I refused to watch it but my cousin was hogging the tv a few weeks back so I watched it and now I keep watching it. It's addictive ;D

Millsy - Sometimes he sounds good (angels, alright now) sometimes not so good (like this week)

Guy - his voice annoys the crap out of me

Shannon - Needs to pick the right song otherwise pretty ordinary

Paulini - Probably has the best voice of the lot

Cosima - Her voice is ok but a bit overrated by the judges.

Have a feeling Millsy will win just because of all the girls voting for him

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I watched it once when I ahd some mates who came over after they played golf down the road and htey are obsessed with it. Basically i think it is crap, good to see some yougn talent on the horizon but those tools who give their opinions to the singers are a disgrace and I dont see hte point of them being there anyway when doesnt the public get to vote anyway. As for the two hosts from Channell
V, well look up tosser in the dictionary and I think you will see two pictures of them lads.

Must admit could easily be addictive if watched regularly jsut to see who gets through, but thank god I havent felt the need to watch it since.
If I had to say anyone though it was that Shannon bloke who sang that "What About Me" song a few weeks back who I thought was the best. As for the worst and most overrated was that Levi guy. How he got so far I got no idea.

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
shawry said:
As for the two hosts from Channell
V, well look up tosser in the dictionary and I think you will see two pictures of them lads.

LOL i think Andy and James are funny, but thats prob just becoz im used to watching them on [V].

those tools who give their opinions to the singers are a disgrace

Mark Holden is a *smile*, who thinks hes still like 20, he should come with subtitles because of the amount of *smile* that comes out of his mouth!

I never watched it when it was first on, because i thought it was like that popstars crap that was out a few yrs ago.

I would have to say that Cosima and Millsy are my favourites.

Paulini has the best voice but she annoys the crap outta me, shes gone from being shy to having her head up her ass. :mad:

Guys hair is cool but i dont like his voice. :-\

Shannon has good song choice, but he managed to screw over a great Jovi song :-[

So yea....Millsy or Cosima for me ;D

WJP

Tiger Rookie
Jul 28, 2003
VIC
what makes me sick about mark holden he can critisize these singers but did he forget he wrote songs for david hasselhoff what a hypocrite :p

Ox

"Waitin' for 05."
Aug 19, 2003
Mark frikkin Holden - Yeah RIGHT !!!!!!

Saw him on Rove the other night and he was trying to sound like he was Black -W-A-N-K-E-R.

Agree Gotiges he acts like he's still 20 and to make matters worse he's a CREEP. Comes accross as a child molester!!!!

As for the talent i think it's a disgrace that that's all they could find. Not one person has any real STAR quality about them,they think they do but they definitely don't.

The Black chick is the best singer,the rest are wanna be celebrity's trying to make an easy life - boy are they in for a surprise. LMAOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

pettifer8

They're baackk!!!
TigersGoddess said:
shawry said:
As for the worst and most overrated was that Levi guy. How he got so far I got no idea.
Two words Shawry
Teenybopper Girls! ;D

i liked Levi, he should come back get rid of Paulini, sure shes got a voice but thats about it least Levi is a performer and knew how to work the live audience

I'll be there lining up on saturday in Highpoint to get my Rise Up single signed and Dickos gonna be there too so im excited

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Yep i got my cd signed, took me 5 and a half hours as well. I got there at 9.30, and was amazed at how many ppl were there already! nope i wasnt out in the car park (thank god) i was just inside though, i had *smile* 12 yr old pushing in front of me (that had only just arrived) so me, my mate and these 2 girls we made friends with told them all where to go... ::)

I added you to msn Chelle....hopefully ill talk to there.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
I reckon Guy has the best voice of all.

I just hope that people dont vote for peoples looks. Millys should of gone last week. He know all the right strings to pull

Millys voice is shocking.

Another cheap show brought in to boost ratings

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Can't believe I just sat through that show, but I wanted to see what you were all talking about. Not my kind of thing at all.

I don't get it. Are the votes soley decided by SMS, in which case the person who can con the most friends and rellies to hold their finger on re-dial would win?

Seems to me the biggest winner would be Telstra with all the calls. Does anyone here actually ring in?

Being the expert I am, I'll vote Cosima off on tonights performance.

Loved Guys voice. I thought Millsy was great. Shannon too.

Paulini's voice was too "breathy" for my liking. How rude of that guy telling her to lose a few pounds.

Anyway my verdict is that's the first and last time I'll be watching the show, and I don't think I'd be rushing out to buy a cd by any of them.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Yep, spot on Rosy, its a popularity contest, just like all these shows.

I'd like to see the judges have some say in who goes personally.

Poor old Paulini copped a bit of a pasting tonight, the outfit wasnt overly flattering, but comments were a bit rough. She suffered from the old 'trying to sing and dance at the same time' problem, plus the fact its a song that three people usually share

Cosima's first song was average, but she bounced back with R E S P E C T

Millsy was actually ok tonight, he should have gone weeks ago, but he will still win. Too many teenage girls watching the show

Guy has the best voice by a mile, and Shannon was pretty good tonight too.

It's going to be hard to say goodbye to anyone tomorrow night, I think Paulini could be in trouble unfortunately.

SMS Paulini to 1 88 99 66

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
I wanted that headbanger girl to win.
At least she didn't sing all the cliche crap.
Guy definately has the best voice followed by Cossima.
Millsy will win it though.
No Chris Cornells on there.