Australian Idol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Australian Idol

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Daniel Quit because he already had a recording contract he couldnt get out of, he woulda gone a long way i reckon, not just because he was cute and the G FActor but because he had a pretty awesome voice.

Anthony quit because he cheated - did a radio interview while the voting lines were open. Stupid stupid man. Always annoyed the *smile* out of me.

Anthony egg on legs Sumbati
That cracked me up, too funny. :rollin
Can only remember Anton vaugley, but from what i remember he was pretty good.

Would LOVE to know what ever info you have Tiga :p

So happy Guy won, wasnt shocked at all though. Thought that the final 11 (poor cosima) did a fantastic job with the "tribute to aussie artists" lol loved the fact that the boys sang olivia newton john.

Hope Guy goes on to make it big, he has amazing talent, and i hope that he doesnt fade away like the rest of the popstars trash, although i cant see it happening.

I think that "angels" was a bad first single choice though.

anyway thats my 2cents worth.

Chelle - are you going to the Concert next yr?

My Mum can get tickets thru work, so i figure why not? Can wear my millsy tshirt for the 2nd time ever lol ::) :p

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Okay Guys, here's the goss I know so far...
Some of it you may already know some you may not.

A certain self confident male contestant renowned for staying in high class hotels was also having late night interludes with two of the female contestants. :eek:

3 of the group were standout snobs. A friend of Antons wanted to meet and have a chat with Cosima, Paulini and Millsy at a club one night. They totally snubbed her and wanted nothing to do with her. Well unbeknownst to them, She is also very good friends with Selwyn and when they found that out they all proceeded to swarm around her and asked her if she would introduce them to him to which she replied with.... "OOOh so now you want to talk with me??" and then she proceeded to tell them to rack off! 8)

Everybody except for the viewing public knew the day before that Cosima was pulling out including the other two remaining finalists. Pretty good acting all round especially by hosts Monkey hands and Walking fish. ::)

According to Anton, Guy and Shannon are the most down to earth and easygoing of the group which comes as no surprise.

Well thats about all I'm allowed to tell you without getting myself in trouble. Sorry if it's not much. :-X

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
A certain self confident male contestant renowned for staying in high class hotels was also having late night interludes with two of the female contestants.

HAHAHA no guessing who. Go Millsy.

3 of the group were standout snobs. A friend of Antons wanted to meet and have a chat with Cosima, Paulini and Millsy at a club one night.
Heard about Paulini being a snob, aparently she got completley up her self during the show, expecting wverything to be done when she wanted. Millsy im surprised about, hes seemed genuienly kind both times ive met him...but that might be coz im a chick lol :p

hosts Monkey hands and Walking fish.
Which ones which? U cant bag james and G round, me i love em lol. i think they are so funny!

According to Anton, Guy and Shannon are the most down to earth and easygoing of the group which comes as no surprise.
That came across on tv too, i think.

Tiga, any info on Matt Chadwick??

CanbTiger

CARN' TIGES!
Oct 6, 2003
Canberra
g0tigers said:
......Millsy im surprised about, hes seemed genuienly kind both times ive met him...but that might be coz im a chick lol :p

I reckon it's for sure because you're a chick!. Did anyone see Millsy on Rove with Paulini after he and she got voted off? .......What a stuck-up w@nker!

"No i didn't quarrel with everyone because i got on with everyone......the only problem i might have had was with kelly and that was because she kept saying `Why do you have to be friends with everybody' blah blah blah...."

Oh- you the man Millsy, you so the man (NOT)!! :mad:.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
g0tigers said:
hosts Monkey hands and Walking fish.
Which ones which? U cant bag james and G round, me i love em lol. i think they are so funny!

Tiga, any info on Matt Chadwick??

gOtigers which one of the two do you think looks like an Axolotl and talks like he's translating for someone?? ;) ;D BTW I didn't name them that...triple M did. I'm sorry I just cack myself everytime I hear it. ;D

As far as Matt goes, I don't have anything yet but I can try and find out something.

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
tiga said:
gOtigers which one of the two do you think looks like an Axolotl and talks like he's translating for someone?? ;) ;D BTW I didn't name them that...triple M did. I'm sorry I just cack myself everytime I hear it. ;D

As far as Matt goes, I don't have anything yet but I can try and find out something.

lol i talk a guess and say James is the Fish?? LOLL
i didnt say you were bagging them, just making a genral statment for anyone that wanted to listen... ::) :p

Lol that would be good bout matt, but ya dont have to go out of your way to find out something for me. :)

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Just wondering what everyone thought anbout the world idol results?? Personally i thought it were a crock of *smile*. And what does everyone think of Shannon's cover of What about me??

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
I missed the first half - turned it on in time for Kelly Clarkson. Thought the English guy - Will Young - was hopeless. That South African guy looked cute. Guy should have chosen a better song. I thought he would have done better. The Hobbit had a good voice. What was the long-haired Belgium guy like? Not being racist, but I think the Arab lady should have sung in English as no-one had a clue what she was singing about.

CanbTiger

CARN' TIGES!
Oct 6, 2003
Canberra
I thought World Idol picked the right bloke in the end (sorry gOtigers), although I’m stumped how the Belgium guy could poll so many votes!. As that British/ American judge said Kurt Cobain must have been rolling in his grave!

The Norwegian bloke had a great voice and `Beautiful Day’ must be a tough song to sing (needs a lot of power seemingly). As for comments about his appearance…..

Did the judges have a go at the appearance of the Danish, Canadian or even Belgium Idols? They were hardly cover-boy material. Also, how Dickson can have a go at anyone over their appearance is amazing – talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Guy’s version of “Wonderful World” wasn’t his best song I thought. Too high pitched and staggered for my liking and I was actually glad when it finished. His final placing seemed appropriate to me but then everyone will have a different opinion.

Incidentally julz, I actually liked Diana Karazon’s song. It was very much in the mould of Natasha Atlas who is an Egyptian, London, funk singer that has toured Australia a couple of times.

It was good to hear some “World” music in a World Idol comp. I was actually surprised that every other performer and sang in English when the majority of countries voting in the comp were non-English speakers.

PS- Haven't heard Shannon's cover as yet. I'll look out for it- I thought his voice was OK

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Canbtiger said:
I thought World Idol picked the right bloke in the end (sorry gOtigers),

Im not disagreeing with you there, i wasnt saying i thought Guy should of won, Kurt was a well deserved winner, but i cant work out why The belguim guy came before Guy as well as Will young (UK) who it hought was totally rubbish. Guy had a lot more talent then both of them i thought.

CanbTiger

CARN' TIGES!
Oct 6, 2003
Canberra
Hard to know what motivated people when they voted.

I’ve heard some people say it was the judges’ comments. Perhaps Will Young polled well because the gay community got behind him (I think he was the only gay contestant?). No idea why the Belgium bloke did so well but then each to his own.

Guy was good in that he took his song and gave it his own style whereas the others took their songs and sang them with the same intonations etc as the original artist. Still, like I said before, I didn’t really like it and thought his middle ranking was right.

A little swapping amongst the other contestants (maybe Belgium guy for Diana etc ) and I think the final line-up would have been OK.

CanbTiger

CARN' TIGES!
Oct 6, 2003
Canberra
g0tigers said:
......And what does everyone think of Shannon's cover of What about me??

OK- Have heard Shannon's cover now.

Actually saw him do it live at the Celebrate Australia Day concert as well as many times on radio.

I think it's awesome- Far better than the original imo. Hope he goes a long way with it.

Also, just out of interest, heard Millsy's song the other day. Talk about a pile of *smile*.

C'mon, that bloke seriously has no talent. Still has me stumped how he got where he did on the original show.