Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged]

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Saw the Stone Roses at the Sydney Opera House a couple of weeks ago. Simply awesome! Paid through the nose on a ticket reseller site, but scored tickets 9 rows back.

Crowd were on their feet from the first note.

One of the best gigs I've seen.

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Looking forward to seeing The Boss again next week for the 6th time over the years

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Sammy C said:
Looking forward to seeing The Boss again next week for the 6th time over the years

Looking forward to seeing The Boss next week as well Sammy. This will be my first time however!

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
22nd Man said:
Is it just harmless fun? I think all groups whether religions, or football clubs need to be poked and prodded from time to time.
I find it harmless, maybe the Mormons don't. Of course I wonder how it'd go if the target was the Islamic faith.......

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
saw Nick Cave at the outdoor Riverstage in Brisbane last wednesday. Brilliant show. Perfect sound, band and NC in hot form. Only bummer was the embarrassing 10pm curfew meant an early start and short encore. (second time I've seen him, last time in early 00s left Festival Hall after show to find a couple en flagrante delicto on the bonnet of my ute, that was a memorable show too)

Platinum member

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 30, 2015
Reservoir
tigersnake said:
saw Nick Cave at the outdoor Riverstage in Brisbane last wednesday. Brilliant show. Perfect sound, band and NC in hot form. Only bummer was the embarrassing 10pm curfew meant an early start and short encore. (second time I've seen him, last time in early 00s left Festival Hall after show to find a couple en flagrante delicto on the bonnet of my ute, that was a memorable show too)
Saw him at the Myer music bowl Saturday night... the guys a genius

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
The Boss was great last Thursday night, and what a pleasure it was having a bar on the arena so you don't miss a minute while you're lining up. I must admit I took advantage of that! :beer

Played "Don't Hang Up" for his opener, a song I haven't heard before. I was a bit slow on the uptake, but the missus knew exactly what was going on. Hi Mal :wave

Really enjoyed it, more so than the mid 80s when I saw him at the Showgrounds.

He's a machine...never stopped, one tune blended into the next. So glad he didn't play "Born in the USA"...not something you want to spout off about at the moment.

Decided against going to GnR tonight, but I hope it's a top show! Think I'll also miss the Violent Femmes this time around as it's at Hamer Hall. They're a pub band FFS!

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Nico said:
The Boss was great last Thursday night, and what a pleasure it was having a bar on the arena so you don't miss a minute while you're lining up. I must admit I took advantage of that! :beer

Played "Don't Hang Up" for his opener, a song I haven't heard before. I was a bit slow on the uptake, but the missus knew exactly what was going on. Hi Mal :wave

Really enjoyed it, more so than the mid 80s when I saw him at the Showgrounds.

He's a machine...never stopped, one tune blended into the next. So glad he didn't play "Born in the USA"...not something you want to spout off about at the moment.

Decided against going to GnR tonight, but I hope it's a top show! Think I'll also miss the Violent Femmes this time around as it's at Hamer Hall. They're a pub band FFS!

Gunners are in Melbourne next Tuesday. Not a huge fan but enjoyed the Boss on Saturday night.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Nico said:

Yep. He's left it out of all concerts.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Tigers of Old said:
Good hey jimbob?
Got a ticket to the Gunners next week too. Not expecting much from the sound at the G.
Hopefully they put on a good show..

Yeah the G is not the best. Thought AAMI Park was a better venue than Etihad too.

Platinum member

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 30, 2015
Reservoir
The boss was a good show last Saturday... 3 hours straight is a fair effort... really enjoyed the 'because the night' cover, probably the highlight for me.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Platinum member said:
The boss was a good show last Saturday... 3 hours straight is a fair effort... really enjoyed the 'because the night' cover, probably the highlight for me.

Not sure I'd call "Because The Night" a cover ... he wrote it. And it's appeared on some of his live and Greatest Hist releases I think.