Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged]

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
jb03 said:
The Oils!

Saw the Oils last time at the Black Saturday benefit concert at the G 7 years ago. Was majorly disappointed when Minister Garrett left out the reference to Pine Gap in "Power and the Passion".

Let's see if those 2 words reappear :)

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Tigers of Old said:
Guns & Roses coming to Melbourne in Feb. Was keen until I saw it was at the MCG. Can't stand the sound at football stadium concerts.
Agree. However am a definite , saw them neally 30 years a go at the Entertainment centre

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
jb03 said:
Don't remember them playing there. Remember them at Calder though.
1988 November I think, same year I saw AcDc at the first Tennis centre gig, I think in February . Band called Kings of the sun opened for them , great Aussie band

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
CC TIGER said:
1988 November I think, same year I saw AcDc at the first Tennis centre gig, I think in February . Band called Kings of the sun opened for them , great Aussie band

Awesome CC

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
WesternTiger said:
Starting at around $170 ToO but decent tix start at $234 apparently (like cc someone else is chasing up).
Geez I'm going to be up for a bit then, no doubt I'll cop the old 10% mates rates booking fee

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Way too much to listen to a fat old Axel Rose not be able to reach the notes he once could.

I'm at the Gympie Music Muster this week. Should be fun.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
I saw zep boys (Zeppelin cover band) with a backing orchestra in July.

I would defy even zeppelin at their peak to do a better version of Achilles last stand.

Lead singer is not as pretty as robert plant, but his range is outstanding.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
WesternTiger said:
Starting at around $170 ToO but decent tix start at $234 apparently (like cc someone else is chasing up).
Got tickets for $360, apparently on the side not far from stage. Vip tickets are up around the 2k mark I'm told

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Well must say seeing Jeff Lynne's ELO at Radio City Music Hall was a memory that will stay
with me forever....

A sold out 6000 strong crowd and he didn't let us down.

Richard Tandy was the only other member with Jeff, but the whole band and string section blew the joint up...

A 5 minute standing ovation then an encore...

What an amazing venue, the layout and acoustics for an old venue was just outstanding...

The staff weren't constantly telling you off, much more relaxed environment...hence the waft of pot smoke every now and then.. ;D

Managed to score front row for Adele at Madison Square Gardens tonight, thanks to a good mate who works for her recording company, not everyone's cup of tea but hell free tickets you don't know them back...

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
tigers80 said:
Well must say seeing Jeff Lynne's ELO at Radio City Music Hall was a memory that will stay
with me forever....

Richard Tandy was the only other member with Jeff, but the whole band and string section blew the joint up...

What an amazing venue, the layout and acoustics for an old venue was just outstanding...

The staff weren't constantly telling you off, much more relaxed environment...hence the waft of pot smoke every now and then.. ;D

Managed to score front row for Adele at Madison Square Gardens tonight, thanks to a good mate who works for her recording company, not everyone's cup of tea but hell free tickets you don't know them back...

Good stuff T80. Reckon i would trundle along to ELO if they came out.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
tigers80 said:
with me forever....

Which song was the most popular and sung by the crowd....ring..ring... ;D