Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged]

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I'm actually not surprised.

I've run the data and you're not a Melburnian, you're a suburbian.
Quite possibly. I spent 30 years working in the CBD but living in the far outer suburbs.

i did go to Stop The Drop at the Music bowl in to see the Oils. Does that count for anything?

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Quite possibly. I spent 30 years working in the CBD but living in the far outer suburbs.

i did go to Stop The Drop at the Music bowl in to see the Oils. Does that count for anything?
I take it back. You are the typical Melburnian.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I take it back. You are the typical Melburnian.
Ive never been to Chasers either.

ET’s (Edwards tavern) in Prahran, the Skinny Dog and the Prospect hill hotel in Kew and the Auburn hotel were my haunts in the late 80s/ early 90s to see live music.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
It's a long time since I've been to Revs.
Same. It actually terrified me in my teens early 20’s. Once I got the vibe and it’s actually a place to just be you, it was fine.

And not an every week venue. Good the less you go. And then go And go and go.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Same. It actually terrified me in my teens early 20’s. Once I got the vibe and it’s actually a place to just be you, it was fine.

And not an every week venue. Good the less you go. And then go And go and go.
I went there once on New Year's morning. I'd been at a rooftop party at the Terminus in Richmond, then another gig at Two Floors up in the city, which wasn't really doing it for me. My friends wanted to stay so I said, "I'm off to Revs. I'll know someone." Got in at 6am. Got home January 3rd.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I went there once on New Year's morning. I'd been at a rooftop party at the Terminus in Richmond, then another gig at Two Floors up in the city, which wasn't really doing it for me. My friends wanted to stay so I said, "I'm off to Revs. I'll know someone." Got in at 6am. Got home January 3rd.
Tell me about Jan 4 through 10. Loooooonnng start to the year.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Moved to Melbourne in 05'.

Rented an apartment in Prahran with Mrs Leysy.

The apartment backed right onto the smoko area at Revs.

Spent many a Sunday morning over brekkie listening to some "deep" conversations.

And more than a few in the venue itself.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Tell me about Jan 4 through 10. Loooooonnng start to the year.
I think I backed up a couple of days later and picked up a German backpacker at the Prince of Wales. But that could have been the next year, I can't remember.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Moved to Melbourne in 05'.

Rented an apartment in Prahran with Mrs Leysy.

The apartment backed right onto the smoko area at Revs.

Spent many a Sunday morning over brekkie listening to some "deep" conversations.

And more than a few in the venue itself.
I lived in Prahran in '05! Off Dandenong Rd near Chapel St, near the Polish club. Was more 161 than Revs at that point but still spent a few nights at Revs.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I lived in Prahran in '05! Off Dandenong Rd near Chapel St, near the Polish club. Was more 161 than Revs at that point but still spent a few nights at Revs.
161 was a way more friendly and welcoming vibe. But way harder to get into Until you proved yourself to not be a DH.

JoMamma

Tiger Rookie
Oct 4, 2004
Was, and still am, more 161 than Revs as well. I've seen many an AFL and NRL player up to no good at 161.
They assume very few know who they are....