Benny Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Benny Gale

Mappa

Tiger Superstar
Jul 3, 2009
Talk about looking for any opportunity to have an absolute whinge for no reason on any front this is a good news story for the Richmond football club.

Firstly to have the club name associated and invited to attend the world cup
Secondly to look after our major sponsor who pours massive dollars into the club
Thirdly to glean any info on staging such a massive event
Fourthly rubbing shoulders with other chief executives and picking their brains
Fifthly talking to potentially other global brands who could spinor us
Sixthly watching and learning from international coaches, fitness staff, administrators, press players, training bases, facilities

I could go on for hours. This stuff makes an already good CEO a world class act and in turn makes us a better club. Come on guys really ?

buenavista

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
Baloo said:
Disagree. Quite obvious that when you strip away the emotion it's plain to see Benny is not doing anytrhing wrong at all.

No emotion in it for me, I simply said it was not a good look and also pointed out that it probably didn't matter

Tigerflag2008 said:
Poor judgement in my opinion.

Just shows there is no right answer. You pays your money and you makes your choice

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Boo hoo, honestly people carping on about this come from the Mona Mona Whinga tribe...

tassiedave

Wingman of the future!
Aug 5, 2003
Nothing to see here.....move on. If you can't move on, then bugger off......because this story is a crock of .....s**t.

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
I actually think it would be wrong if he didn't go. His job really is about the financial performance of the club and if the major sponsor has asked the CEOs of the clubs they sponsor worldwide to be somewhere, they go. Imagine if we lost their sponsorship on the back of him snubbing their invitation.

buenavista

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
Total Tiger said:
I actually think it would be wrong if he didn't go. His job really is about the financial performance of the club and if the major sponsor has asked the CEOs of the clubs they sponsor worldwide to be somewhere, they go. Imagine if we lost their sponsorship on the back of him snubbing their invitation.

Good point

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
This is such a non-issue that anyone even bothering to comment on it ....... ...... ..... woops!

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
They don't give a *smile*, hardwick is staying put, we are always going to be *smile*.
Who would knock back going to brazil??

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I'm sure Brendon's has been doing more then his 38 hours a week since he took on just about the toughest gig in the AFL , which he has done an outstanding job off unquestionably. No doubt there is capable people in charge to handle his role for a few days, as well as the fact that we have technology nowdays that will keep Mr Gale well informed of the goings on at the RFC while his in Brazil, I would imagine it would be a great educational trip on the running of massive organisations an thou the timing not perfect I'm pretty sure we don't have the power to move the little soccer round robin too the end of October to suit us

brigadiertiger

Tiger Champion
Dec 1, 2005
I can understand peoples concerns I mean the world cup just suddenly sprang up and Benny decided to go off on a little jaunt.

Or there is the most likely scenario that the clubs major sponsor invited Benny long ago and he accepted unfortunately the season has not gone as he, the club, the players and the supporters had hoped it would so instead of telling our sponsor that he can not go and then risking them being a little annoyed because they would have already paid for tickets and accommodation and whatever other costs involved so he is keeping our sponsors happy and as we all know he is a smart man he would be looking for any information that he can bring back to the club that can help.

Benny I hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip if anyone at the club deserves to get away and leave what has been happening on the field then it is you.

houdini

Tiger Superstar
Aug 26, 2009
boring dullsville perth
what a bunch of hypocrites here running the RFC is more important than any world cup soccer , benny should not leave on a holiday in our time of crisis, other than getting us debt free benny has failed on his promises of finals and membership

RUNVS

Tiger Superstar
Aug 10, 2008
Benny have U seen how many supporters are at the MCG? Thats right U took 25,000 tiger supporters with U to the world cup.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
houdini said:
what a bunch of hypocrites here running the RFC is more important than any world cup soccer , benny should not leave on a holiday in our time of crisis, other than getting us debt free benny has failed on his promises of finals and membership

What crisis ? When did RFC attract so many drama queens ?

RUNVS

Tiger Superstar
Aug 10, 2008
Tigers2011 said:
With the club going so poorly and crowds now dropping away, it's not appropriate that the CEO be away during the season. Should be here to lead from the front.
But we have Penny or Peggy or whatever her name is.