Brendon Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brendon Gale

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
It’s a gopher job. Flunkies do it to take heat for the CEO while staking a claim as the replacement.

Seems like a demotion to me. There is work on Tasmania and TV deals. That might be attractive to Gale. But I doubt he’d have much autonomy.

He missed the good job. Not sure he’d be ready to take orders again.

Never say never.

Reactions: 3 users

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
It’s a gopher job. Flunkies do it to take heat for the CEO while staking a claim as the replacement.

Seems like a demotion to me. There is work on Tasmania and TV deals. That might be attractive to Gale. But I doubt he’d have much autonomy.

Never say never.
I think he‘ll make sure our house is in order then sort out Tassie.
there is much to do there.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Depending on how it's framed up COO is a big and important job. Could be step to the CEO role, if Benny is still interested in that.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I'd like Benny to hang around until everything is locked away with Pund Rd Oval. AFL gigs will always come up.

Reactions: 6 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Bennie is to honest to work at AFL HQ
While I'd like Benny to stay at Tigerland, Benny is exactly what the AFL needs. Having said that, I suspect that Andrew Dillion is going to be a lot better than McLachlan and Demetriou.

Reactions: 2 users

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
After being passed over for the top job I don’t think this would be as enticing a role.

There is much to do at club level with the new coach, facility redevelopment etc… that would probably be more appealing to him.

For me it’s somewhat insulting.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Surprised Auld didn't get his other brother to replace him. Or a cousin maybe.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Stick around Benny.
Tell City Hall to *smile* off and continue screwing us.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Reckon he'll take it and move across at end of year once new coach locked away.

AFL will offer him a lot more $$$ than on ATM. Give him autonomy to setup Tas.

Reactions: 6 users

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
As much as I'd hate to lose Benny his stocks have never been higher and if harbours ambition to be in the big chair one day then this is simply an offer he can't refuse. If he turns it down now the opportunity may never come around again.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
The mass exodus I was dreading is coming together... Just wish it would have been done intermittently like clubs like to do with it's players, much less painful that way.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

Never say never.

I think the GM Football role is a stepping stone to the CEOs job.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
What ever happened to Adrian Anderson?
I think the GM Football role is a stepping stone to the CEOs job.
That’s what those who take the role think, Ian. Most recently SHocking saw it that way. Once he knew he wasn’t getting the big gig he took a promotion to club boss.

When is Dillon retiring? Won’t be next year.

TV rights. New terrain for Gale. Good on the resume to the extent that Gale is running the show, not Dillon. (Dillon will be running the show, just as Ghoul did.)

The AFL won’t see any conflict of interest in Gale taking the GM job, setting up the TAS licence and then taking over that club.

If Gale takes what seems a demotion to GM AFL, many will guess it’s about Tasmania and exposure to TV deals.

The bigger question is about Gale’s further ambition. From there what his next move will be.

It’s not out of the question that Gale feels he has unfinished business ar RFC. I hope so.

Reactions: 5 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
The questions Benny has to ask himself, punk, is 1. how big a cesspit is the AFL? 2. What will he be able to do by way of reform? 3. And if he wants the top job, how long is he willing to wait? (CEOs tend to hang around 10-odd years)

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
As much as I'd hate to lose Benny his stocks have never been higher and if harbours ambition to be in the big chair one day then this is simply an offer he can't refuse. If he turns it down now the opportunity may never come around again.
AFL probably haven’t even spoken to him

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
What ever happened to Adrian Anderson?

That’s what those who take the role think, Ian. Most recently SHocking saw it that way. Once he knew he wasn’t getting the big gig he took a promotion to club boss.

When is Dillon retiring? Won’t be next year.

TV rights. New terrain for Gale. Good on the resume to the extent that Gale is running the show, not Dillon. (Dillon will be running the show, just as Ghoul did.)

The AFL won’t see any conflict of interest in Gale taking the GM job, setting up the TAS licence and then taking over that club.

If Gale takes what seems a demotion to GM AFL, many will guess it’s about Tasmania and exposure to TV deals.

The bigger question is about Gale’s further ambition. From there what his next move will be.

It’s not out of the question that Gale feels he has unfinished business ar RFC. I hope so.
In hindsight, Adrian Anderson was pretty good.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Also to add. For anyone thinking Benny going to the AFL is a stepping stone to the top job.

Forget it. Unless Dillon resigns in the next 24 months that sail has passed.

Benny is two years older than Dillon. Age is already counting against him.

He ran second to Gillon a decade ago. It aint happening. Our man has said as much.

Reactions: 9 users