Brendon Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brendon Gale

Call me cynical but something isn’t right. Why do we find it so hard to hold onto our key personnel?

Seems very strange that so many have left and for whatever reason. Surely a big club with an abundance of resources could have done better with retention.

And our succession planning has been terrible. We’ve dropped off in practically every key area.

It’s hard for me to believe this is just a coincidence or a reasonable attrition rate for a successful sorting organisation.

Don’t see this happening elsewhere.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Call me cynical but something isn’t right. Why do we find it so hard to hold onto our key personnel?

Seems very strange that so many have left and for whatever reason. Surely a big club with an abundance of resources could have done better with retention.

And our succession planning has been terrible. We’ve dropped off in practically every key area.

It’s hard for me to believe this is just a coincidence or a reasonable attrition rate for a successful sorting organisation.

Yeah. Thinking the same..
But Gale has been around since they were comparing us to Fitzroy in the late 2000's.
Peggy always said she won't hang around for ever and Dimma wanted a change.

Yze is quality. The list is ordinary but we will go again with a new group.
It will be near impossible to match the levels of Gale Hardwick & Peggy ever again.
But we will be ok
3 flags in 4 years I still can't believe it.

Reactions: 10 users
But Gale has been around since they were comparing us to Fitzroy in the late 2000's.

It will be near impossible to match the levels of Gale Hardwick & Peggy ever again.
But we will be ok
Don't ever think the afl wasn't involved in getting Dimma to the suns and Gale to Tassie had a big play.

Reactions: 1 users

But we will be ok
Well said zips. No team has matched our dynasty yet and doubt any will. This is the Ooze Renaissance. I reckon we'll be better than most think in the medium to long term.

Reactions: 5 users

But we will be ok
That's why I'm in favour in Balme sticking around even as a advisor his calmness and expertise is what we need. Was told by Gale and Livingstone this is his last year and said wanted to go on.

I want the club to formally name part of the redevelopment, meeting area etc etc after Brendan Gale. An absolute legend of Richmond.

Massive shoes to fill. David Matthews GWS would be worth talking to. Has done an outstanding job up there. And has an excellent reputation of working with the AFL.

While Simon Derrick would be a strong chance if they are looking to promote within our club.

Reactions: 5 users
AwFuL bending over backwards to smash Richmond. Hang, draw and quarter the carcass and spread the body parts all over the country as a lesson to all.

How dare you be so successful !

Don't EVER do that again Richmond !

Bad Richmond ! Naughty Richmond !

Reactions: 2 users
He would have been in the sights of both the fledgling club and the AFL for the bloody fantastic job he has performed with us. Has the romance of the home town boy returning to his state of origin as well. Benny, you are an utter star for what you have done as both player and CEO. Always a tiger regardless!

Reactions: 8 users
How hard would you work knowing in less them 6 months your going elsewhere??
He can't say bad things about the AFL otherwise there's no CEO job in Tassie.
I see no difference what Gale is doing that Hardwick did.
Both legends of the club, both leaving when we are close to rock bottom.
You’ve changed your tune Zips?

Reactions: 1 user

Peggy was at the end of her tenure under the club constitution, Benny stayed 15 years. Dimma stayed 14 years. Tim Livingstone has been around for more than a decade, Blair Hartley the same.

Not sure that shows we find it hard to hold on to our personnel?

Reactions: 14 users
Simon Garlick is one I would target. Been at Freo for 5 years but is a Victorian
Well regarded CEO
Began his career as a junior at the RFC under 19s too if I'm not mistaken .................. happy to be corrected though.