Brendon Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brendon Gale

Already reporting that he's been announced as the new Tassie CEO starting 2025

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks Benny. Big shoes to fill.

I heard Tim Livingstone and Luke Meehan are going to job-share the role.
fun kill me now GIF by Kochstrasse™

Reactions: 1 user
He will go down as one of the greats of our club who helped turn us from a rabble to a triple premiership dynasty. He is the perfect man to lead the new Tassie team.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
We haven't collapsed. North is a collpase. We have been smashed with injury and perhaps positional transitions to new players hasn't quite been perfect but that's to be expected. We've got a massive draft hand and it seems a few junior key forwards are starting to emerge.
I think 3-4 of our current juniors will be fine. Now we need to draft the next 3-4 champions and we are on our way. Oh, also, thanks Benny.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Gun player for the Tiges and a much better CEO. Absolute legend of the Richmond footy club n this old fart will be grateful for Benny's wonderful efforts for this club till stumps.
Started at the bottom of the mountain, climbed the *smile* n danced on top of it while taking in the view. Nothing else that he could ever aim for and achieve at Tiger land so no surprise he's moving on for a new and exciting challenge.
Pity them inbreds at HQ have been constantly so far up themselves they could never see far enough to offer him the top job, AFL will always be slightly worse off from their self inflicted lack.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Thanks Benny. The RFC will be forever indebted to your vision and realisation of a dream. You were a shining light in dark times and at the helm of one of the greatest football dynasties. Wishing you well on your next challenge.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Wow - AFL couldn't wait a day or so to start flogging their new baby down south in announcing Gale was taking up the CEO reigns.

Thanks for everything Benny. Watched you playing through the dark years where there was not a lot of joy and celebrated with you during our recent success. Instrumental in turning us around. Forever grateful. Enjoy the new challenge.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just a side issue.

Has he committed the club into debt for the loan for the new stand?
If decision on loan and how much hasn't happened yet you would assume he is now removed from that process.
Bit of a strange decision time wise but absolutely not begrudging The Chief.

Interesting times ahead for the club.
So many left or leaving.
Have to back Mr. O'Rourke and the board in to make good choices

Tassie will be Richmond 2 with The Chief and Sir Jackmond down there.

Just a side issue.

Has he committed the club into debt for the loan for the new stand?
If decision on loan and how much hasn't happened yet you would assume he is now removed from that process.
Bit of a strange decision time wise but absolutely not begrudging The Chief.

Interesting times ahead for the club.
So many left or leaving.
Have to back Mr. O'Rourke and the board in to make good choices

Tassie will be Richmond 2 with The Chief and Sir Jackmond down there.
It would be a Board decision anyway. He is a Board member as I understand it and I am sure there are those on the Board who know enough about good governance to ensure the decision is made in the right way.

There would be plenty of other decisions the Board will make before his departure that the Board will have to consider whether it is appropriate to have his involvement in.

As an example there may be discussions about lengths of player contracts given the Tassie team coming into the AFL. It would not be appropriate for Benny to be part of that.

If Benny is formally announced at Tassie CEO he should go immediately.

Let's hope we spread our wings and look outside the club to for a replacement.