Brendon Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brendon Gale

Benny Gale was my favourite player as a youngster, however was eventually overtaken by Richo. I've got a photo of me and him at the Warragul Footy Club rooms from when they played a practice game there in the 90's which I'm quite proud of.
BT and Benny 3.jpg

And as much as he was a gun player for the Tiges I think it's fair to say his best work has come off the field. He doesn't strike me as the vindictive type, he's too professional for that, but I can imagine he would have felt just a tiny bit smug when running into members of the Footy Classified crew who ridiculed his 100,000 members, no debt and 3 flags plan. Such an ambitious goal and achieving it made us the envy of every other club and brought the success-starved Tiger faithful so much happiness.

All good things come to an end but I can't help but feel sad that his time at the RFC is concluding. As others have said, massive shoes to fill. End of an era at Tigerland.

Thanks for your dedication to the Tigers big fella. Tiger legend.

* by the way, I've merged this thread the the 'Benny gale last year 2024' thread. Makes sense to keep the discussion about the great man in one location.

• Love
Reactions: 33 users
Glad it’s settled, club needs to move on.

Thanks for everything Benny

Reactions: 1 users
Great job Benny Gale. Took us on when we were at our lowest ebb. As we all know, wiped out the debt, rebuilt the trust of the membership & brought the disconnected back to the club, invested in the football department, stuck by the coach and watched as it all grew back to what it should be.

Most of all he provided the club with vision and leadership to get it there. Probably taught us all to be patient and resolute too - something we now need to do again.

He set the standard by which the club must now maintain. Next CEO is vital as it is that the President communicates and leads and Yze revamps the football operations.

Reactions: 9 users
We need a statue for the holy triumvirate - Benny, Peggy and Dimma
Yup, statue of all 3 of them outside the oval with replicas of the 17, 19 & 20 cups on pedestals in front - idk if I'm that happy with how Dimma left, but that'd be a lovely way to celebrate. Do you throw Cotch in there too?

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve known a few CEO’s in my time and I wouldn’t give a pinch for any of them. Most of them have the same tricks to improve (?) the bottom line of the business - sack staff, recategorise expenditure (cook the books) and devote copious amounts of time and effort into personal branding.

Benny is way different. He has four qualities which make him exceptional.

Authentic leadership and clarity of vision; the intelligence and practical skills to enact that vision; the ability to convince others in the vision and how to achieve it; love for the RFC. And nuts - big old leathery nuts that can take a hit and keep bouncing along. So 5 things.

Where do you find someone with those 5 outstanding traits?

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Benny Gale was my favourite player as a youngster, however was eventually overtaken by Richo. I've got a photo of me and him at the Warragul Footy Club rooms from when they played a practice game there in the 90's which I'm quite proud of.
View attachment 22687

And as much as he was a gun player for the Tiges I think it's fair to say his best work has come off the field. He doesn't strike me as the vindictive type, he's too professional for that, but I can imagine he would have felt just a tiny bit smug when running into members of the Footy Classified crew who ridiculed his 100,000 members, no debt and 3 flags plan. Such an ambitious goal and achieving it made us the envy of every other club and brought the success-starved Tiger faithful so much happiness.

All good things come to an end but I can't help but feel sad that his time at the RFC is concluding. As others have said, massive shoes to fill. End of an era at Tigerland.

Thanks for your dedication to the Tigers big fella. Tiger legend.

* by the way, I've merged this thread the the 'Benny gale last year 2024' thread. Makes sense to keep the discussion about the great man in one location.
Thanks for posting that BT, that must've been a great thrill.

Here I've been thinking all along that Bristle was your favourite player😜

I’ve known a few CEO’s in my time and I wouldn’t give a pinch for any of them. Most of them have the same tricks to improve (?) the bottom line of the business - sack staff, recategorise expenditure (cook the books) and devote copious amounts of time and effort into personal branding.

Authentic leadership and clarity of vision; the intelligence and practical skills to enact that vision; the ability to convince others in the vision and how to achieve it; love for the RFC. And nuts - big old leathery nuts that can take a hit and keep bouncing along. So 5 things.

Great post, FFW. BTW I believe that's six things.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Jeez, you must have worked for the wrong businesses :). Like with most things there are good CEOs and bad ones.

I agree with what you say but I would add one thing which is that CEOs are usually only as good as the team they have around them and the quality of that team usually reflects the CEO. Benny has always had a great team, people who have shared the vision but have stayed a long time as well. That has created a stability in our club that is immeasurable.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

1. Authentic leadership and 2. clarity of vision; 3. the intelligence and 4. practical skills to enact that vision; 5. the ability to convince others in the vision and how 6. to achieve it; 7. love for the RFC. And 8. and 9.nuts - big old leathery nuts that can take a hit and keep bouncing along. So 5 things.
As zips would say. Your *smile* at arithmetic
Plus the other 4 as well.