Brendon Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brendon Gale

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
The_General said:
Knocked it back because he wants to return to school and get away from footy for a while.

Does that mean he's getting the chop from Tigerland?

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Logical stepping stone from AFLPA to club CEO.

To chief of the AFL.

I sense the influence of Andrew Dimacchiavelli. ;D And BTW Brendon Gale is a toff. Great get.

meltiger

Bling!
Jul 19, 2004
Altona
rosy23 said:

"Want to get away from footy for a while"

Certainly sounds like it Rosy.

I really, really hope Joel continues his work with Indigenous kids in the future.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
rosy23 said:

He's retiring rosy, forceably or otherwise. He said all good things come to an end, and he was amazed at how many people had come up to thank him and congratulate him.

Last game more than likely this week at the G, against Collingwood, with his testimonial dinner after the game.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
This appointment helps to convince me that the club is finally making some smart and hard decisions and that at long last they may finally appoint the right person as coach and give him the authority and team to help him do his job.

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
This is a terrific appointment. One of the principal roles of a CEO is to overseer the economic structure of the club and at the heart of this will be player contracts. Some one with a comprehensive knowledge of free agency and all its permutations will be invaluable for our club moving forward into a brave new world.

He would also have established an invaluable network of contacts and peers in his role as president of the AFLPA - key to the success of a CEO is to be visionary and to work those elements external to the club as hard as posssible. A legal background doesn't hurt either.

Well done Steve Wright - but I look forward with great anticipation to what a new generation CEO can bring to RFC!

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005
Honestly thought Richmond was to small-fry for Benny, pleased he is onboard.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Welcome back Benny :clap

A great man with a great footy and corporate brain. Afterall he was the one most expected to take over from Vlad when he steps down at the AFL.

Off field has been one win after another for a few years now. Hopefully on field is not to far away.

A big thanks to Steve Wright for his efforts and hopefully he can get his health in order.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Whilst Brendon Gale seems an impressive character, is there any concern over his lack of high level managerial experience in a business environment? What did he do before the AFLPA?

Would this appointment be welcomed so heartily if he wasn't a former Richmond player?

That said, he does seem to have a firm grasp of where the club truly sits in the AFL landscape. We are no longer a powerhouse or a big 4 club. A good grasp of reality is a good start from Benny.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
The_General said:
he wants to return to school and get away from footy for a while.

Wish him luck. Getting your VCE can open many doors in the employment industry.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Ridley said:
Whilst Brendon Gale seems an impressive character, is there any concern over his lack of high level managerial experience in a business environment? What did he do before the AFLPA?

Would this appointment be welcomed so heartily if he wasn't a former Richmond player?

That said, he does seem to have a firm grasp of where the club truly sits in the AFL landscape. We are no longer a powerhouse or a big 4 club. A good grasp of reality is a good start from Benny.

A CEO is charged with the responsibilty of establishing the structure of the organisation in a manner that it will perform to it's optimum, not perform ea and every task from bootstudder to managing the pokie venues. I hear what you say however I am comforted by the fact that he is of sound intellect and also humble enough to realise that he probably has a bit to learn...A quality choice

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
BillyJean17 said:
A CEO is charged with the responsibilty of establishing the structure of the organisation in a manner that it will perform to it's optimum, not perform ea and every task from bootstudder to managing the pokie venues. I hear what you say however I am comforted by the fact that he is of sound intellect and also humble enough to realise that he probably has a bit to learn...A quality choice

No argument about the role of a CEO; don't think I ever suggested he should be cleaning boots. However, it is reasonable to question his lack of high level managerial experience in an business environment. He seems to have done a good job at the AFLPA so maybe he has the nous and acumen required.

Personally I'd be a lot more impressed if it was Brian Cook we appointed. Again, would there be such excitement if he wasn't an ex RFC player? Good luck to him anyway. Hopefully he can keep us moving forward off the field and turn us around from the on field rabble we have been for years.

roachapproach

Tiger Cub
Mar 12, 2005
A job well done to Steven Wright. The club is in a far better position off field all thanks to his work.

Having Benny as CEO is a great get for the RFC. Went to a Coburg game a few weeks back and he was there standing with us in the outer with his 2 daughters that were wearing their tiger scarfs. Just shows what a great clubman he was and still is. Could have gone anywhere really with his background but he chose to come back to us. Well respected in the footy world and more than capable to continue and grow the work done by Steven off field.

Next the coach........

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
ToraToraTora said:
Translation.....SEN said there is a media conference at Punt Rd at 11am today possibly to announce Gale as CEO.

LOL :rofl

ROFL :rofl :clap