Brett Deledio (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brett Deledio (merged)

Lids was very lucky to get paid to play footy at an average >$500k per year for a 15 years. Thats $7.5M. Not someone we should be feeling sorry for. Its the folks who can't afford to lose their jobs and are that we should be thinking about.

Or if you read the papers - the poor farmers who cant find anyone to pick their fruit for minimum wage and sub-par working conditions now that they cant capitalise of the desperate backpacker market.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, felt for him.
Bad luck, Bad timing, Bad reading of the tea leaves by Delids.
Went off in search of flags elsewhere.
That will hound him forever.
Chin up, Lidsy.

Remember something he said ages back.
They asked him weather he would get a Tatt.
(was all the rage then and still is. Heck even I've got a Richmond Tiger Tatt)
Anyway he fired back in true Delids fashion:
Nah mate, you don't put stickers on a Lamborghini!
Classic Lids.

Reactions: 3 users
My favourite Tiger player of the modern era. 2011-2015 version of Lids in our 17-20 team would have been one of the best players in the AFL.

Awesome player but no one ever talks about him impacting our culture/ changing the club for the better. That’s the asterisk against him name.
Not as a footballer but as a Richmond great

Reactions: 3 users
F-off zipps. Honestly, I've had enough of your crap (and I'm not alone). In the immortal words of Joan Rivers- "Grow up!"
Your right i should grow up
But Now you need to tell the other 95000 booing him at the G in 2017.
Deledio booooooo

Feel for Lids. Will always be the ultimate bad luck/bad timing story. I had forgotten the Prelim was his first game against us and his 250th. They say losing a Prelim is more painful than losing a Grand Final, do if that's really the case, it's a quadruple whammy for Lids.

Always thought he'd make a career as the Richmond AFLW team coach.

Feel for Lids. Will always be the ultimate bad luck/bad timing story. I had forgotten the Prelim was his first game against us and his 250th. They say losing a Prelim is more painful than losing a Grand Final, do if that's really the case, it's a quadruple whammy for Lids.

Always thought he'd make a career as the Richmond AFLW team coach.
Don't want him at the club in any form.
He deserted the club when it was on its knees.
There's no coming back form that.
He jumped while others hug on and got they got the ultimate success.
He might've been a good player, but he chose to leave.
The back page of the hearld sun October 2016 'I want out.. to Geelong" burnt me . There's no welcome home parties

Awesome player but no one ever talks about him impacting our culture/ changing the club for the better. That’s the asterisk against him name.
Not as a footballer but as a Richmond great

This. The rumour was he was part of some of the culture problems at the time. Anyway - he was a hell of a good player. I don’t blame him for making the move but in the end you make your own bed and sliding doors and all that. That’s life!

Reactions: 4 users