Brett Ratten sacked | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brett Ratten sacked

The Aints list is very poor, i reckon Ratten did quite well.
Lyon won't do any better, and will need 3 or 4 years to make them contenders.

Reactions: 4 users
Far out. Lyon looks like getting the role after being the only one considered, and over just a few meetings that don’t sound all that formal to boot, and with a ex player (Blake) plumping for him as well.

He was on the nose at Freo his last 2 years so I hope he learned something from that otherwise this has danger signs written all over it.

Reactions: 1 users
Far out. Lyon looks like getting the role after being the only one considered, and over just a few meetings that don’t sound all that formal to boot, and with a ex player (Blake) plumping for him as well.

He was on the nose at Freo his last 2 years so I hope he learned something from that otherwise this has danger signs written all over it.
Lyon is what the Saints need right now. But their process still stinks. The club is still run like a bush football club.

• Haha
I don't know about anyone else, but I'd never heard anything on the grapevine about these "new" revelations that Lyon was "Not supported by management at the Saints" or whatever the recent revelations claim.

Am I being cynical thinking that these "new" revelations are conveniently timed to make Wossy look like a good Guy.

I have a feeling St Kilda are going to get bitten on the bum by this. They haven't run a proper process and Lyon has skeletons in his closet, both at Freo regarding the sexual harassment and how he has treated players who weren't in this little coterie of favourites at both clubs.

Did I hear Goddard applying for an Assistant coaching job a few days ago? He might get it without any interviews

• Haha
Maybe someone will have a better memory than me but I can’t remember a successful bringing back of a coach but I am not sure it has happened too many times
This has a pagan and Malthouse at Carlton feel to it. I suspect the game may well have passed Ross Lyon’s type of coaching.

Reactions: 2 users
I hope they get Wossy to sign a don't leave us in the lurch like you did last time, and if you do we'll bill YOU contract.
Joke of a club.
You don't win one flag in 100 years by accident.

least Ross got the process he wanted from St kilda that he didn't get at Carlton , Essendon and North.

Well I’ll be…. I bet no one saw that coming.. said no one
You’d get a bigger shock from a triple A battery
This could very well be the ultimate kharma payback. How sweet it would be for the Saints to sack Lyon in his first year back after he abandoned them for Freo.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user