Brisbane v Richmond September 1 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brisbane v Richmond September 1

What the hell is the Riverview Festival?

Riverfire is a laughable celebration of the Brisbane River.

Big fireworks display on the Saturday night, I am unaware of any other events concerned with the festival.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
Seriously? The QLD Govt schedules a *smile* festival in the middle of AFL finals and compromises scheduling capability? They should be stripped of the right to host a final if they are going to dish up that rubbish.
More to life than Football champ
You think they would move festival due to a footy team might playing a final , really . I know plenty attending the game . Flying in Thursday afternoon and staying the weekend in 25c sunny weather . Go Tiges !!

Reactions: 2 users
More to life than Football champ
You think they would move festival due to a footy team might playing a final , really . I know plenty attending the game . Flying in Thursday afternoon and staying the weekend in 25c sunny weather . Go Tiges !!
Well there are 11 other months in the year; champ. AFL finals are in September every year; not like they don't know that. Riverfire obviously wasn't an issue when we played finals up there in 2019 on a Saturday. Or when they hosted a final against the Dogs in 2021 again on a Saturday.

But I'm sure Riverfire will be riveting. No one has ever seen fireworks before.

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
Riverfire is a laughable celebration of the Brisbane River.

Big fireworks display on the Saturday night, I am unaware of any other events concerned with the festival.
It's a month long festival across the city. It's been happening for 20+ years. Shouldnt have been a surprise to anyone.

It's a month long festival across the city. It's been happening for 20+ years. Shouldnt have been a surprise to anyone.
Why has it only impacted finals this year? What happened in 2019 and 2021 when they played finals on a Saturday night?

Sweet, I'll shout ya a beer!

I will be the one with 3 Tiger cubs in tow.
I'll probably meet up with snake and crew beforehand, come along. Apparently the Nash, will confirm.

Me too. I only bought one ticket so if anyone needs my barcode for a single, DM me. I'm ground level, 214, forward pocket.
As above. I bought two tix, one is for Gyps but he's not confirmed yet. If he can't make it you could offload yours if you like and come witness me give Zorko an over-the-fence masterclass in dinkum sledging.

Great some lads are going. We have a super strong local support network in BrisVegas as well. Will be 60/40 crowd.

That's a win for us already. Our 40 is loud.

Reactions: 3 users
Why has it only impacted finals this year? What happened in 2019 and 2021 when they played finals on a Saturday night?

The key conflict is the fireworks display. For every other year, it has been late Sept. It''s actually usually on GF day so not really a conflict with AFL finals. I have no idea why the fireworks are early Sept this year but that has caused the challenge. They have 400,000 people around the river to watch it so getting that many people around plus a footy crowd would be too much of a challenge.

Perhaps it was held late Sept but the new date has been known for months

I'll probably meet up with snake and crew beforehand, come along. Apparently the Nash, will confirm.

As above. I bought two tix, one is for Gyps but he's not confirmed yet. If he can't make it you could offload yours if you like and come witness me give Zorko an over-the-fence masterclass in dinkum sledging.

Perfect! Let's see what happens. Regardless I'll come to prematch... if invited of course.