Burge to depart at end of season | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Burge to depart at end of season

Our injuries have skyrocketed the past 2 years. I’m not overly concerned he’s leaving TBH.

Reactions: 2 users
Never rated him.

Rob Inness was a massive loss though, elite at his job, and with the relationships he builds with players/coaches.

Reactions: 5 users
Just hope we find someone as good as Inness. Injury free during the flag years was a real pleasure to see.

Deserves way more respect than he’s getting.

Under his watch as head of conditioning we won three premierships and at our best were noted for our ability to absolutely steamroll opposition sides in the second half with power running.

Hawthorn are not in the business of poaching duds.

Thanks Peter.

Reactions: 15 users
Never rated him.

Rob Inness was a massive loss though, elite at his job, and with the relationships he builds with players/coaches.
Returning Buddy Franklin to fitness the last 2 seasons is testament to how good Rob Inness is.

Reactions: 3 users
What I think is interesting is how we are bleeding these people to other clubs that are all operating under the same soft cap we have. Or maybe they aren’t?

In Burge’s case 10 years is a long time and his motivation might be more career focussed than money driven.

But it would be a massive concern if we are losing these people for money.

Are we still paying the kebab tax?
Guess hawks aren’t paying Clarksons wages next year. Prob save 500k with Mitchell. Hardwick taking a large chunk of our soft cap. Burge leaving for more money as others have.

i wouldn’t be claiming it’s a massive get for the Hawks. Soft tissue injuries have been terrible this year.
Is he also the thumb conditioning coach? Both Reiwoldt and Soldo this year. If so I'm not fussed that he's going.

agree, change is actually a good thing. But are we being 'forced' into change b/c we are being reactive is my query?
Only people within Richmond know.
do people change within his industry for sake of it eg: new challenge or more money?
I sense change is coming within the off field.
he would’ve informed the club a while ago, did it tie in with the recent soft cap increase..?

Target the best Richmond. Internationally. Wanna be the best get the best.

Reactions: 4 users
i wouldn’t be claiming it’s a massive get for the Hawks. Soft tissue injuries have been terrible this year.
I reckon its a mutual see ya later.
We have had countless issues this year with hammys and kids unable to run out games.
It's will be interesting to see how the Hawks go especially with Wingard, Omeara and Day constantly injured

Sad to see him go , obviously a good operator..

I know its "stating the obvious" but vital we get replacement(s) right..
With a list that will largely be full of oldies and kids over the next few years gotta nail it.

Reactions: 1 user
10 years. That’s a fair run. You’d start to expect people might be more likely to leave rather than stay when you’ve done 10 years.

I met a young dude a couple of weeks ago who works with Burgo at the club. Said he is an outstanding operator and outstanding person.

Thanks Burgo !

Reactions: 10 users
It's nothing more than the age old story of VFL / AFL footy. If you can't beat the best, undermine, poach n dismantle the bastards.
Innes.
Burge.
Truck.
Carrotseller.
Leppa.
Fly.
Chip, chip, chip. Pinch everything good around a club that is doing well. Not to improve yourself, but to drag the best down to the miasma of mediocre.
Even AFL H.O. has this as it's golden rule with all of it's equalisation *smile* n massive tax imposts on anyone who puts a toe outside the boundaries.

So the key to becoming the best is to continually improve and keep moving faster than the others.
Burgo was part of our success, but might be time to bring fresh ideas in. Maybe folks are getting a bit stale.
Not unhappy to see him go, but could very well be annoyed if we don't get a quality replacement.

Deserves way more respect than he’s getting.

Under his watch as head of conditioning we won three premierships and at our best were noted for our ability to absolutely steamroll opposition sides in the second half with power running.

Hawthorn are not in the business of poaching duds.

Thanks Peter.
agree