Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

Who's to say that we're not saying the same thing behind closed doors.
Most likely both teams are working amicably to get an acceptable deal done.

If you look at it in a positive way it is that dealing with North means Richmond can arrange to keep the Chol compensation - pick 38 while acquiring Tarrant through a nominal late pick rather than losing pick 38 if he was taken through FA.

Richmond are looking to move into better draft positions (this or next year) by doing deals with teams who need our picks/points.

So it appears Norths pick 40 will be the starting point for CCJ.

Looking at pick 38 + 40 = 894 points. Pick 20 alone is worth 912.

So just on a points basis anything in the deal better than just pick 40 from here may be considered a win for Richmond.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Chol and CCJ for pick 20 & Tarrant is a decent trade when you put it that way but there's no guarantee that is how it will eventuate. At the end of the day late 30/early 40s are junk picks we will most likely on trade

Reactions: 1 user
Chol and CCJ for pick 20 & Tarrant is a decent trade when you put it that way but there's no guarantee that is how it will eventuate. At the end of the day late 30/early 40s are junk picks we will most likely on trade
It's probably one of those trade periods where as Richmond has such a strong draft hand points wise and is looking to on trade picks to improve it's position, we might have to work out the combined net results from all trades for an end result rather than just isolating one trade.

Just the CCJ trade as it's with North it actually involves 3 trades (Tarrant, Chol compo, CCJ) and then the picks Richmond receive are likely to be packaged up into possible multi trades again.

Reactions: 1 users
There's no doubt by choosing North that CJ has put us over a barrel. This on the back of kebab gate & blasting Pickett in the VFL. I think it says a bit tbh.
CJ looks after what's best for CJ.

Reactions: 6 users
I don't think T
There's no doubt by choosing North that CJ has put us over a barrel. This on the back of kebab gate & blasting Pickett in the VFL. I think it says a bit tbh.
yeah it's the vibe that's been around for awhile.... Scotch College boy after all ... :sneaky:

I agree, I just hope nank tackles him in the ruck on the way down into the MCG centre cirlce with 50000 plus letting CCJ know.
Although i still reckon CCJ will feed off that and be a star big man in the league in a few years time.

What did he do to Pickett?
After the bloke slapped around at the sov joint. Coleman Jones would be the last person who should be getting stuck into Pickett.
Pickett would *smile* him over

Why wouldn't CJ do what's best for him? So he should too. If I was CJ and saw Chol getting selected before me would be getting out asap. Not his fault where Roos finish on the ladder.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Reported on trade radio that north formally offered pick 40 which we rejected. So sounds like a bit of negotiating to happen here.

Pick 40 is pretty low. I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a club out there willing to offer a little more. Doesn’t look likely anyone else to come forward unfortunately though…

I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a club out there willing to offer a little more.
Hawthorn strikes me as the obvious one.

Age fit is perfect. Ceglar and Big Boy getting towards the end, with Ceglar possibly on the trade table. Brooksby delisted.

Reeves is a good prospect but he can't do it alone.

CCJ's ability forward of the ball is surely good for them, too.

Reported on trade radio that north formally offered pick 40 which we rejected. So sounds like a bit of negotiating to happen here.

Pick 40 is pretty low. I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a club out there willing to offer a little more. Doesn’t look likely anyone else to come forward unfortunately though…

We could formally request pick 1 - as about as extreme as their pick 40 - and then both parties work to meet in the middle somewhere Oh look, lolnorf just happen to have a pick in the middle - handy that.

Reactions: 1 users
Pick 40 is wasting our time is what it is

*smile* norf, should just fold

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Messaging from Swans very strong. I like it. Strong clubs should be prepared to deliver a strong message to ensure a fair and equitable trade.

IMO pick 20 is fair and reasonable for CJ.

Reactions: 7 users
Messaging from Swans very strong. I like it. Strong clubs should be prepared to deliver a strong message to ensure a fair and equitable trade.

IMO pick 20 is fair and reasonable for CJ.
Not for a North supporter
Fair for him is staight into the pre-season draft
And for FREE

Hawthorn strikes me as the obvious one.

Age fit is perfect. Ceglar and Big Boy getting towards the end, with Ceglar possibly on the trade table. Brooksby delisted.

Reeves is a good prospect but he can't do it alone.

CCJ's ability forward of the ball is surely good for them, too.
Ladhams would be a good fit for the Hawks too.

North may want to give Richmond 40 and then hopefully keep pick 1 in the PSD to get another player for free.
North may be prepared to wait it out till later to see what else falls from the tree.

I agree CCJ is worth more than 40 however we got Nank for pick 46 so in the world of swings and roundabouts it might just play out that way.