Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
brigadiertiger said:
Might be just me but on the highlights I thought his longer kicking wasn't to bad when he can kick through but when he does those short passes it looks pretty ordinary. Otherwise looked alright.

Ruck is probably the one position you can get away with being a poor kick, technically I think he needs to release the ball much later than he is, too much air time but understandable given his frame. I'd ripping out the footage of Connor Ballenden and doing my best to get things on par with that technique, he's the best kick in the draft for the ruck sized lads.

Mikee

Will we ever get there?
Feb 21, 2003
Melbourne
year of the tiger said:
It's still a fair question to ask and one that helps rate our overall draft performance. Did we walk away with the best talls at our disposal.

Surely your not suggesting we use our first pick to stockpile smalls for future ontrading - it would be very hard to get a better return on pick 17 if that was our strategy.

No chance that would be our strategy. Higgins will be groomed to add more depth to our midfield, pretty sure he didn't get recruited to just be a small fwd; it's clear going by his attributes & stats of his career thus far (averaging 27 disposals in the 2016 TAC CUP and 24 this year, and 27 disposals again in this year's NAB U18 Champs), these are midfield stats. He will alternate between the midfield & fwd line, probably spending more time initially as a small fwd until he get's a few pre-seasons under his belt where i suspect he will play predominantly midfield.

Last year we were very lucky injury-wise having really only Drummond & Griffiths out, (Prestia missed a few) we basically had all our mids available all year. If we were to cop a few injuries God forbid to any of our gun mids, our chances of winning games drops alot. You can never have enough quality midfield depth; as most know games are mainly won through the midfield. Great selection.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Mikee said:
No chance that would be our strategy. Higgins will be groomed to add more depth to our midfield, pretty sure he didn't get recruited to just be a small fwd; it's clear going by his attributes & stats of his career thus far (averaging 27 disposals in the 2016 TAC CUP and 24 this year, and 27 disposals again in this year's NAB U18 Champs), these are midfield stats. He will alternate between the midfield & fwd line, probably spending more time initially as a small fwd until he get's a few pre-seasons under his belt where i suspect he will play predominantly midfield.

Last year we were very lucky injury-wise having really only Drummond & Griffiths out, (Prestia missed a few) we basically had all our mids available all year. If we were to cop a few injuries God forbid to any of our gun mids, our chances of winning games drops alot. You can never have enough quality midfield depth; as most know games are mainly won through the midfield. Great selection.

Agreed, reckon he will be thought of as a midfielder in a couple of years time. He looks the goods and I reckon he could turn into an absolute gun. Probably play a year or 2 in the forward line and then eventually likely replace Lambert in the midfield.

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
mrposhman said:
Agreed, reckon he will be thought of as a midfielder in a couple of years time. He looks the goods and I reckon he could turn into an absolute gun. Probably play a year or 2 in the forward line and then eventually likely replace Lambert in the midfield.
More likely to replace Edwards who's 3 years older than Kane.
Same type hands as Sheds from what I see as well.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
RedanTiger said:
More likely to replace Edwards who's 3 years older than Kane.
Same type hands as Sheds from what I see as well.

I have Rioli in that role personally.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
mrposhman said:

Replace the player who came 3rd in the B&F in a premiership year? Yeah, nah.

Maybe Sheds.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
bullus_hit said:
Ruck is probably the one position you can get away with being a poor kick, technically I think he needs to release the ball much later than he is, too much air time but understandable given his frame. I'd ripping out the footage of Connor Ballenden and doing my best to get things on par with that technique, he's the best kick in the draft for the ruck sized lads.
Kicking doesn't matter so much with rucks because most of the time they're handballing it to a proper footballer, or they mark it or get a mystery free and have time to set up. His kicking is fine for that.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Baloo said:
needs a decent nickname. CC Jiger has a nice ring to it
Reckon TBH has already nailed the nick. Cujo has to be an absolute monty for him.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Tigers of Old said:
I don't get it.
TBH posted a comment about our draft picks n somehow posted CCJ as CuJo. As an old school footy fan, I like the notion of, especially our big players having a reasonable amount of the enforcer, or nasty feral mongrel about them. What better than Stephen Kings mongrel rabid St Bernard, Cujo. We could always call him the Hyphen if that sounds more appropriate.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
TigerMasochist said:
TBH posted a comment about our draft picks n somehow posted CCJ as CuJo. As an old school footy fan, I like the notion of, especially our big players having a reasonable amount of the enforcer, or nasty feral mongrel about them. What better than Stephen Kings mongrel rabid St Bernard, Cujo. We could always call him the Hyphen if that sounds more appropriate.

:hihi

Looking forward to the Widow Maker taking Cujo for walkies at the park.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Wow, the similarities in movement to Hampson is amazing. Seems to be a much stronger mark though and he seemed to have a bit of pace once once he got started (bit like a diesel engine). Daresay though it's going to take a while to build up to AFL level, still looks quite skinny.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Seems to be a great mark. More capable around the ground than Solod or Hammer.

Kicking worries me. Weirsd style and appears to lack penetration.

Nevertheless still glad we grabbed him rather than Sam Hayes.