Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Where have I seen this before?
Because it worked for us, Cook is trying the Gale theory
He is not the only one, there have been others. I don't blame carlton for doing it, setting KPIs is a traditional way of creating a focus to an organisation.

I have no idea about the AFLW part but in Carlton's position an aim for a flag in 5 years is not unreasonable. 125,000 members seems a stretch but so did our aim of 75,000 in our plan and look where we are now.

Cook is an outstanding CEO. Unfortunately he may be the best recruitment they have made in recent years.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
From the photo, they're smoking a lot of weed there.
Sacrificial torching of coaches in the colosseum to try n appease the footy gods. We don't have much in the way of active Volkanos happening in Oz so we've got to make do with a humble little ritual BBQ of the coaches arse.

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
Richmond's the exception to the rule when it comes to those five-year/10-year plans (yes, it took them a few goes over the decades to get it right over the years but it happened).

99 per cent of the time though, they end in disaster and several people left embarrassed.

I'd have been more comfortable with the club asserting they'd not be boldly declaring lofty goals, instead preferring to let actions do the talking.

It's part of the reason why I've a bad feeling about this season. Expectation is not something this club or group deals particularly well with.

In fact, I'm expecting a 0-2 start to the season.

Reactions: 5 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Richmond's the exception to the rule when it comes to those five-year/10-year plans (yes, it took them a few goes over the decades to get it right over the years but it happened).

99 per cent of the time though, they end in disaster and several people left embarrassed.

I'd have been more comfortable with the club asserting they'd not be boldly declaring lofty goals, instead preferring to let actions do the talking.

It's part of the reason why I've a bad feeling about this season. Expectation is not something this club or group deals particularly well with.

No way Bossy Vossy

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne

We can only hope BB ;)

:giggle:

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Ratten
Malthouse
Bolton
Teague

Voss has 2 years left before getting sacked
What, Pagan doesn't rate a mention?? Don't forget there was a Brittain n Barker in there as well. Might as well make the most of the last twenty years of Carltony's cooking odours.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I was just down at the pub and pretty much Carlton's whole squad was there drinking.

Couple of them had a go at me for drinking alcohol free beer.

But it might have been the Richmond cap.

Sitting with a bunch of female friends and we all agreed they are a very average looking group of lads.