Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

2nd sentence, “Mature clubs are ahead of the game……” then proceeds to leave us out of the 8 ? :unsure:
Yeah, and we were “lucky” last year. I dunno, we lost a lot of close games, I reckon a “lucky” team would’ve won more of them. Collingwood?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, and we were “lucky” last year. I dunno, we lost a lot of close games, I reckon a “lucky” team would’ve won more of them. Collingwood?
Malthouse is nothing more than a senile old fool these days. Recently tipped Essendon to win a flag; last year or year before. Says it all really.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Did'nt this flog predict the Bombers to win the premiership last year? hahaha Wanker.

Most of the media have some warped sense of reality around Essendon.

I happened to listen in to a bit of the footy show on Triple M last Sat morning and they were talking and 1 of them (can't remember which), said "Do Hawthorn have ANY chance of beating Essendon in Round 1". Sorry Essendon aren't the premiers, they finished 15th last year (below Hawthorn who finished 13th).

Some warped voews on a team that has been crap for a long long time and I suspect will be bottom 3 this year. I just don't see it with this mob.

• Haha
The gist of Malthouse's concerns seem to be about our speed, which I know is shared by a few people on here.

I think speed is a highly overrated commodity, it's amazing how people's perception of who is fast and who is slow depend on the way the team get and use the ball.

Reactions: 2 users
The gist of Malthouse's concerns seem to be about our speed, which I know is shared by a few people on here.

I think speed is a highly overrated commodity, it's amazing how people's perception of who is fast and who is slow depend on the way the team get and use the ball.
Zackly!

Reactions: 1 user

Speed matters defensively, forward half chase downs. Ball speed movement offensively will always beat leg speed defensively.

And to think... Just 45 or so years ago I loved Malthouse and Sheedy.
I had officially outed these two as Richmond years ago. Micky's all Scumwood and Cartoon, while Sheedy's all Bummers. I hope Dimma becomes all Richmond in years to come.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
And to think….just 45 or so years ago Malthouse and sheedy loved Richmond
:)
Malthouse never loved Richmond he loved getting paid and ended up a premiership player
The moment he walked out of the doors he was done with Richmond.

Sheedy & Malthouse have never had intentions of trying to help Richmond in any way

Reactions: 4 users
This contrasted with KB, who had big issues with personnel at the club but kept the faith. I still see him as our greatest tiger.
But I'd love to see Dusty get back to 2020 form for the next two years and then convince me to change my mind.

Yes, there are times when leg speed matters but I once heard someone say that good ball movement will always be faster than a player can run ( it was a coach I think).

Malthouse is nothing more than a senile old fool these days. Recently tipped Essendon to win a flag; last year or year before. Says it all really.
I remember clearly listening to Malthouse doing special comments on the ABC the night of the Bushfire game 3 year's ago last week?
Declared Tom Hawkins G.O.N.E!
Said he'd watched him closely in the pre season and it's over!
Be back in a couple of weeks and talking about going again next year :rotfl1

Balmey in his book is less than glowing in his assessment of Malthouse, whereas he was about Buckley.

There are lots of opinions about 2023 going around and his is just one. None of them really mean anything in the end