Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
How could I forget Cerra (well it seems Cornhole has).

Who would people prefer, Cerra or Taranto? I'd be taking Taranto every day of the week especially for the price. It was rumoured that Freo offered Cerra $3m over 4 years ($750k per year) so more than TT is on and Carlton also paid more for him.

So we gave up 14 and 23 for TT at $700k and we got a dud apparently.
Carlton gave up 8 (Amiss) and a 3rd rounder (that the Hawks got).

We have a player that wins more ball, gets more score involvements, kicks more scores.

Wheres Cornhole saying what a crap deal Carlton made with Cerra or does it only work 1 way when its negative to the Tigers.

I'm sure someone can clarify or elaborate a bit more on this, but there was a rumour going around 2 years ago that Richmond met with Cerra (he was a Richmond supporter growing up) and he was told a few home truths by our recruiting department that went down like a lead balloon.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Squads win flags - systems win flags.
Sounds oh so simple that it's almost laughable, but I reckon you've given the nail a fair whack BB gun. With all the draft and cap restrictions these days there's not a massive difference in the talent available to each club.
Get the full buy in from the playing squad and a quality system from the coaching dept and all of a sudden it's regular finals and possible flags.

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Bad kicking is bad football. Found this interesting because it tells us what we already know has been happening all year until the last six quarters.

According to Champion Data, Carlton has a kick rating of -2.7 per cent going inside-50 this season. It ranks No.14 in the competition and is ahead of only St Kilda (-2.8 per cent), Richmond (-3.6), North Melbourne (-3.9) and Hawthorn (-4.9).

'Kick rating' is a Champion Data tool that measures the difference between a player's expected hit rate and actual hit rate. A negative kick rate, in this instance, indicates a player not executing kicks as well as the competition average.
What a useless stat. Worse than expected score.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Saad is a panic merchant. I've said that since there was a rumour we were after him. When he was leaving GC.
We weren't really into him then.

We did consider him earlier, after 12 months at Gold Coast. He was homesick, and wanted to come to us because he grew up with Brandon Ellis or to Collingwood, who he grew up barracking for.
When he was leaving GC, Ellis pushed him to Blair. Hartley said we already had Bachar in that role, so he'd unlikely get a game every week.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
After this last week's pathetic effort and capitulation and loss to the Bongers, I wont be taking the *smile* out of Carlton.

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
Never cared this less since the last year-and-a-half of the Bolton era.

Yesterday I didn't care at all. This week I won't either, and I don't care what they do for the rest of the season. Show up or don't, win or don't.

It's not one of life's problems worth worrying about, nor is it MY problem.

And why invest in something when the players clearly aren't?

It's quite liberating and it feels like a tonne weight has been removed from around my neck.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Never cared this less since the last year-and-a-half of the Bolton era.

Yesterday I didn't care at all. This week I won't either, and I don't care what they do for the rest of the season. Show up or don't, win or don't.

It's not one of life's problems worth worrying about, nor is it MY problem.

And why invest in something when the players clearly aren't?

It's quite liberating and it feels like a tonne weight has been removed from around my neck.
Hear here BB.

I'm getting what you're putting down.

We have 37 years of it and to be honest its only when a side starts threatening to do something that it starts to bring expectation and expecatation hurts.

Tigers fans were full of expectation for one last roll of the dice with the 2 signings from GWS and our season effectively ended when we lost Lynch and now our Coach has snatched it .... but after losing to Essington I'm not surprised.

Its actually easier to live life when your team is in the basement if they win its nice if not who cares.

Durig our recent success I've never been so anxious about footy games.

Letting it go can be most Cathartic and liberating exactly as you said.

Blues will improve mate hang in there they've got the foundation just need one or two more and a complete buy in from the playing group to do it for each other then the worm will turn and turn quickly just like the Flag Pies.

Carlton right now remind me of RFC 2014-2016, teasing the fans teasing the media with the foundation of a good side carried by 6-7 quality key players but not yet committed to each other or trusting each other enough to be willing to sacrifice their own games and reputations for the betterment of the team which was what happened at Geelong and the Tigers after soul searching and hard truths were faced and acknowledge from all parts administration players and coaches. Then history happened afterwards.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Best part is the poo’s have a salary cap squeeze end of season.
Who runs this crap farm?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Would Dimma take Port or Blues job??

I think Dimma's smart enough not to go anywhere near the Cartoon job.

List is a mess IMO. Fart too wide a range of ages in their key players group, far too much reliance on 3 players to kick them goals.

I think he would jump at going to Port, they've built a really nice list, its balanced in the right age brackets. They realised their mistake in having a vanilla midfield and have recruited for that. JHF, Butters and Rozee are as good a trio of young mids that any team has.

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
I think Dimma's smart enough not to go anywhere near the Cartoon job.

List is a mess IMO. Fart too wide a range of ages in their key players group, far too much reliance on 3 players to kick them goals.

I think he would jump at going to Port, they've built a really nice list, its balanced in the right age brackets. They realised their mistake in having a vanilla midfield and have recruited for that. JHF, Butters and Rozee are as good a trio of young mids that any team has.
Definitely Port is the most attractive by far. But Blues could get him immortality at a 2nd big Vic club and sometimes the tougher option is more of a challenge . Plus might want to stay in Vic for kids sake

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
A bit rough on McKay.
He is shocking.
Just having Good hands isn't worth a 800k 7yr deal.
He can't kick.
What's the point.
Watch the round 1 match, he had 2 opportunities to kick a goal in the 3rd qtr, he missed we came back and drew.
He misses too many, his team mates would be shattered playing alongside him.

Reactions: 1 users