Cashless Society !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cashless Society !!

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Went back to the TAB today to collect my winnings asked for it to be cashless. The reaction well I think I have worn out my welcome there. Some people just do not have a sense of humor.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
How are the poor people coping these days !! Missus broke off a part of here denture this morning. Went to local dental lot & back in two hours part fixed $792.00. Another woman there one filling just on $500.00.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
The only winners in the "cashless society" are the banks. Not us poor mug punters. Believe me.

Reactions: 2 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Got a spare ticket for Tigers West Coast Sunday 14 April . Missus not keen on going so asked a Tiger supporter at my RSL if he was interested but turned it down as Optus is cashless. Why cut off your nose to spite your face ?.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I love the convenience of cashless.
Don't even carry a wallet these days. All cards on my phone.
Banking all done on an app.
Click & go.

None of that dirty cash to worry about.
:cool:

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
I love the convenience of cashless.
Don't even carry a wallet these days. All cards on my phone.
Banking all done on an app.
Click & go.

None of that dirty cash to worry about.
:cool:
How much do the banks or eftpos providers charge you for using the cards?

I had to use my debit card the other day and had to pay 1.9% surcharge.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005

Stick it in the EfTPOS machine and use your savings account with PIN. They can all do it when pressed. Cost of living crisis yet see everyone tapping at Aldi and paying a surcharge.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Stick it in the EfTPOS machine and use your savings account with PIN. They can all do it when pressed. Cost of living crisis yet see everyone tapping at Aldi and paying a surcharge.
I had to send payment to another city. Otherwise that’s what I normally do.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
I was in the Big Bank yesterday when o old dear came in to deposit some money & she had her Bank Book.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Inconvenient. Pretty much same as if someone steals your wallet.
True, I don't carry any wallet around, but for a phone, it's more someone hacking in (ala Optus) that worries me, along with no WiFi signal, outages, battery running out. Too risky for me and admittedly, I barely carry my phone around either.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
True, I don't carry any wallet around, but for a phone, it's more someone hacking in (ala Optus) that worries me, along with no WiFi signal, outages, battery running out. Too risky for me and admittedly, I barely carry my phone around either.
I was issued with a phone quite some years back for health reasons but now use it quite extensively as one has to keep up with the modern trends. I have acquaintance's my age who proudly boast they have no mobile but their missus has & they rely on that to bank etc etc .

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I was issued with a phone quite some years back for health reasons but now use it quite extensively as one has to keep up with the modern trends. I have acquaintance's my age who proudly boast they have no mobile but their missus has & they rely on that to bank etc etc .
I wish my 80 year old Mum would realise this....

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

The bank get you everywhere you look unless you keep your cash stashed in a cookie jar.
Like everyone else they're in the business of making money.
I'm happy to pay for the convenience & security my bank provides.:cool:

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Inconvenient. Pretty much same as if someone steals your wallet. Just use a spare old phone if needed.

Actually, it's safer than if someone steals your wallet. Provided you have even basic security on your phone, it won't be easy for someone stealing it to unlock it and start using your cards.

Lose your wallet and whatever cash and cards are there to be abused until you realise and cancel them.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I keep banking off my phone, figure it is more vulnerable than the computer. Still, I'm the guy who uses cash everywhere.

DS

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I keep banking off my phone, figure it is more vulnerable than the computer. Still, I'm the guy who uses cash everywhere.

DS

Disagree, unless you have biometrics on your computer. Having tried most Aussie banks recently, the level of security they provide is all over the place. The big 4 seem to be at the minimum regulatory standards. The best bank for inline security I've found is Macquarie Bank.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Disagree, unless you have biometrics on your computer. Having tried most Aussie banks recently, the level of security they provide is all over the place. The big 4 seem to be at the minimum regulatory standards. The best bank for inline security I've found is Macquarie Bank.

All I know is I have 2 factor authorisation on the PC and the second factor is a number generator from the bank. You can't hack the little number generator, it ain't connected to anything online.

DS