Castagna announces retirement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Castagna announces retirement

Best wishes to you George
youll always be a :cupgold:cupgold:cupgold premiership player

Reactions: 1 user
I’m currently holidaying in Bali and I nearly fell off my sun lounge when I heard this news. All the best George and thank you for playing your part in our glorious premiership triumphs.

Reactions: 3 users
Jeez, that's a shock. One of my favourite tigers ever. What a "skill" set he had. No one could ever question his committment. And many have been close to committment after watching him play. Few won't smile when remembering George in future years.

Best of luck in the future JC.

I wonder if they had a chat with him and told him it was likely he would spend the year in the ressies. 300-400k is a big ticket to give up even if playing in the two's
He’ll go into the family construction business. Won’t be a big deal to him.

That's cost Lurkle a spot, and he would have made an ideal replacement as whipping boy. Who am I supposed to gnash my teeth at now?
Short
Ross
Dow
Graham

They are the front runners for Chief Whipping Boy 2023

Reactions: 1 user
Well done to the chaos king on a great career. Georgie, Dan and Butts played a key role in 2017 in changing the way we played. His clutch mark and goal in the third term of the 2019 prelim against the Cats and goal just after half time in the 2020 grand final will always stick with me.

I don't reckon a three time premiership player has ever coped as much flack from his own supporters as Georgie. I was guilty of yelling out in frustration at him when he stuffed up. It wasn't a great moment when his wife had to change her instagram to private last year after some fans were bagging Georgie on her page.

Enjoy retirement Georgie. You will always be a three time Tiger premiership champ.

Reactions: 4 users
After this season most of the 2017 premiership team will have retired of left

SAD

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Well done to the chaos king on a great career. Georgie, Dan and Butts played a key role in 2017 in changing the way we played. His clutch mark and goal in the third term of the 2019 prelim against the Cats and goal just after half time in the 2020 grand final will always stick with me.
George had a knack of kicking the critical goal. And being the brunt of heaps of criticism. Watch those same arsehats come on and say nice things about him now.

Reactions: 4 users
History will judge this fella very well.

The raw numbers are impressive enough but it was the transformative nature of his chaotic playing style that immutably undid the rigid formulas employed by other clubs. When the dirty kick rolled into our forward 50, we were unbeatable.

If you agree that Richmond's recent success was built in large part on unpredictability, thank Jason Castagna for leading the charge.

And raise your glass tonight for a great Richmond man.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Watch for the Seth Campbell promotion announcement in coming days.

Big chance for a Rd1 debut now

• Love