CH-CH-CH-CH-CHANGES for the Bears | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

CH-CH-CH-CH-CHANGES for the Bears

Those thinking today’s results favoured us are dreaming.

Brisbane away into Sydney away, then a PF against Geelong and a GF against Melbourne.

Doesn’t get much harder than that.

Still, on our current form anything is possible.
Today’s results are not the issue. The results from the blown games against Cats, Swans, Suns, Roos and Dockers are the issue. We’ve made our bed and now we have to lie in it.

But we are alive and a fighting chance. But yes very tough.

Reactions: 1 user
Apart from Melb none of the other sides have won anything of note.
pits like having a free hit…the lions have the expectations on them.
and going on their performance on Friday night they don’t handle those situations that well.
david bowie mic GIF

Bring our best and we beat everyone

My only worry is our lack of midfeild pressure...the slowness ....

Interesting comments - for the record I don't care who we play or where.

If we're good enough and can make some of our own luck then watch out. Timing is everything.

If we can't get there then at least cause maximum damage and get finals into some new kids...they'll be hungrier for it. I'm convinced those in charge at Punt Rd know exactly what they are doing with mid term planning about where we are going and what they want to do.

Let the pundits and oppo flog supporters say what they want.

THere will be no slide like the Dawks or the Paddle Pop Lions.

Reactions: 1 users
The positive of Thursday is spreads our games out a little more than everyone else. Best case for four games.

Reactions: 2 users
Question: Finals is about hard bodies, tackling and fitness. While Sonsie is a future gem, shouldn't we be preferencing Ross over Sonsie right now, and by extension Miller over Gibcus?

Love the romance of playing kids with only a handful of games under their belt but the crash bang of finals sorts them out.

Also, anyone who extends this analogy to propose Castagna over Cumberland needs their mother to sternly administer the soap in mouth treatment.

Reactions: 3 users
I’m not sure Gibcus is required against these pretenders, especially with Rayner out.
Daniher - Balta
Hipwood - Broad
Mcstay - Tarrant
Cameron - Rioli
McCarthy - Baker
Vlastuin the interceptor.

Miller gives the flexibility of covering for an injury down back - if desperate.

Speed in ball movement is the lions kryptonite- I’d bring Dusty in for Gibcus and have the extra midfield/fwd option. Graham in. Edwards plays as u need a cool head early who knows what is needed in the heat of a final. One of Sonsie/Ross as the sub - can’t decide.

Broad. Tarrant. Baker.
Rioli. Balta Vlastuin
McIntosh. Cotchin Pickett.
Graham. Jack. Martin.
Rioli Jr. lynch. Cumberland.

R. Nankervis, Prestia, Bolton

I. Short, Miller, Ross/Sonsie, Edwards
S. Ross/Sonsie

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
A couple of points in selection. we never pick a team to suit the opposition. we pick our best 22 (23) then work out match ups.
We pick 7 players to play in the backline every week.

neither of those things are going to change this final series.
so our back 7 is settled, unless someone gets injured, or Grimes comes back.

and no one who didnt make the 23 on Saturday, and was fit, is going to play finals week 1. doesnt matter what fantasies we all have.

assuming no new injuries, and Dusty and Graham return, the 3 outs will be from Sonsie, Ross and Edwards, and they will probably be sub.

Ross must stay in. It will break the kid. Duz in for Edwards. Castagna out, Edwards sub.

Reactions: 10 users