Changes for Qualifying Final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Qualifying Final

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
His hammy was on minor side a strain was jogging last week to no issue.

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
The point was more towards IF we dont go in with a genuine second ruck (if we can call Chol that) then pulling Balta out of the back line for a few minutes each quarter as a second ruck won't affect the defensive structure we've had all season now that Dave is back. I just think it would give us more impact overall than having Chol lazing around taking up space, and play someone who puts in 100%, like a Caddy, Markov or Broad

In that context I have no issue, Chol has done his dash.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
If Bolton can't even make the top 22 under 22 - does he deserve his spot back? Or do we trade him for Miers pre-finals?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Selecting a team has never been this hard.

There’ll be at least 5 players missing out on a final who you’d feel very comfortable seeing selected.

Reactions: 7 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
No I believe I heard from a Gil presser last week.
But there has been huge debate, requesting , noise , mostly in the media as far as I’ve heard.
Didn’t they say something like switching back now would be too hard for people to deal with. Any money we’ll get a game with shorter quarters for all time now.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
does anyone know if the quarters are going back to normal time?

I believe no, and they shouldn't either... i hate short quarters but that's how the season has been so have to stick with it now.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I saw something in the paper the other day about possibly moving to 18 minute quarters in 2021. Bloody hell, do they not get it?

I would prefer going back to 20 minute quarters for the finals but I can understand the logic of this and can accept it.

2021? No way.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I saw something in the paper the other day about possibly moving to 18 minute quarters in 2021. Bloody hell, do they not get it?

I would prefer going back to 20 minute quarters for the finals but I can understand the logic of this and can accept it.

2021? No way.

DS
Once you let the AFL slip in something like shorter quarters it’s here to say. If anyone complains they’ll claim it’s what the majority of supporters wanted.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
I reckon if they did revert back to normal time,the cup is ours.Certainly Geelong would be the first to complain.

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

2021? No way.

DS

100% agree
As soon as these COVID arrangements are over - things should revert absolutely to the pre-COVID arrangements
It's very sneaky and slimy for anything other than the previous 20 min quarters to be even contemplated for next season.

Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
100% agree
As soon as these COVID arrangements are over - things should revert absolutely to the pre-COVID arrangements
It's very sneaky and slimy for anything other than the previous 20 min quarters to be even contemplated for next season.
May I remind you that the AFL are sneaky and slimy!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 4 users