Changes for Qualifying Final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Qualifying Final

It would be strange for the AFL not to revert back for the finals.More advertising.

It’s going to be the hardest decision for the selectors to pick the team for our qualifying final, and I’m a little bit scared of Dion coming into the team not having played for four months or so. But what I do know is, is that whoever represents our team against the Lions, we will get the job done we are that good, Brisbane will be shitting themselves. What I am trying to say is, is that whoever we pick we’ll win

Life was so much easier when selection dilemmas were -

In: Hyde
Out: Tivendale

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I think if Prestia is going to play he plays this final. The risk in holding another week and having the following week as the Grand Final is huge so I think he will come in.

Lynch will be right if his recovery is straight forward and Bolton is a natural return.

For me that leaves Ross, Chol and Aarts who go out but I'd be tempted to play Chol and leave Caddy out for the ruck coverage.

Personally I'd also be picking Broad and I'd probably leave out Pickett next.

I can't remember a game with a harder selection in our history to be honest.
Yep agree with all that. There will be some seriously unlucky players that miss out. And if Chol plays a seriously lucky one that does not miss out.

Reactions: 1 user
In: Lynch, Prestia, Bolton..

Whoever is unlucky to miss out, outside of Soldo we're going to be basically at full strength for the first final.

Take a bow Peter Burge & team.

Reactions: 8 users
It’s going to be the hardest decision for the selectors to pick the team for our qualifying final, and I’m a little bit scared of Dion coming into the team not having played for four months or so. But what I do know is, is that whoever represents our team against the Lions, we will get the job done we are that good, Brisbane will be shitting themselves. What I am trying to say is, is that whoever we pick we’ll win
Brisbane are already planning for their semi final opponent.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I think if Prestia is going to play he plays this final. The risk in holding another week and having the following week as the Grand Final is huge so I think he will come in.

Lynch will be right if his recovery is straight forward and Bolton is a natural return.

For me that leaves Ross, Chol and Aarts who go out but I'd be tempted to play Chol and leave Caddy out for the ruck coverage.

Personally I'd also be picking Broad and I'd probably leave out Pickett next.

I can't remember a game with a harder selection in our history to be honest.

Don't want to go to tall inn we exposed the lions with our speed and run and carry opened them up.Taking to much run out for me.

Reactions: 1 users
Qual v Bris

grimes. Astbury Houli
Short. Balta. Vlastuin
Caddy Pickett. Mcintosh
Castagna. Riewoldt Martin
Rioli. Lynch. Edwards
nankervis. Cotchin Prestia
I/c. From.
Bolton Baker graham lambert
Broad Aarts Ross Chol

Balta and Aarts have been keeping their places for quite a long while.
balta has got broads spot
Prestia might dislodge Aarts
Ross is good but is a fill in for a very strong squad. Goes out for Bolton even though they are different types.
Lynch for Chol is quite likely

its a team of premieship players (Plus balta) and it’s on a roll against a team we keep beating on a ground we love.

Over the past few years our qual final team is the team we take to a GF team barring injury.
2017 we played 3 finals with 22
2018. 2 finals : 22 players
2019. 3 finals : 23 players

Club held member zoom meeting.

Prestia definite starter next week. Was involved in intra club match today.

Lynch has his main training run tomorrow.

On another note Collier Dawkins has been best on ground the last 3 games.

Reactions: 5 users
Club held member zoom meeting.

Prestia definite starter next week. Was involved in intra club match today.

Lynch has his main training run tomorrow.

On another note Collier Dawkins has been best on ground the last 3 games.

Great keep us posted on Lynch.

Prestia moving well in today's intra club. Certain starter. Even with managed minutes still reckon he'll get 15-20 touches. Seems to have put on size too.
Impressive midfield, can't tag them all. Martin, Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards, Bolton, Graham, Lambert
Bolton playing as magical as Edwards has helped immensely with our midfield depth and Jack Graham's last 4-5 games say no more, he has been fantastic.

Reactions: 4 users
Prestia moving well in today's intra club. Certain starter. Even with managed minutes still reckon he'll get 15-20 touches. Seems to have put on size too.
Impressive midfield, can't tag them all. Martin, Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards, Bolton, Graham, Lambert
Bolton playing as magical as Edwards has helped immensely with our midfield depth and Jack Graham's last 4-5 games say no more, he has been fantastic.

Guess he still has a another week to prepare recover find form etc too