Changes for R2 v Collingwood | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for R2 v Collingwood

we can assume they wont throw Marlion up against Grundy cant we?

so that leaves Lynchy pinch hitting?

jeez
I dont like the idea of Lynch pinch hitting in the ruck. Actually I hate it.

Not sure about the one ruck. Grundy is the most dominant ruckman in the comp and last time we played them on a wet July (August?) night we completely nullified his influence with the combination of Soldo and Chol. Why would we change the successful MO?

Then again, maybe the shorter game has something to do with it and you have to believe that they know what they're doing. The score is certainly on the board.
I agree 100%. I am not a fan of playing 1 ruck against the best ruck in the league. To beat Grundy you need to work him into the ground. Work him over. Make him feel every hit and bump. The two ruck combo is the way to do it.

One thing is for sure the ball will be moving around at high speed. Who ever gets off to a flyer wins.

Reactions: 3 users
Not sure about the one ruck. Grundy is the most dominant ruckman in the comp and last time we played them on a wet July (August?) night we completely nullified his influence with the combination of Soldo and Chol. Why would we change the successful MO?

Then again, maybe the shorter game has something to do with it and you have to believe that they know what they're doing. The score is certainly on the board.
We will lose the clearances anyway. Our game is built upon winning the ball on the re-bound, so it just shows we are focusing on playing to our strengths rather than trying to combat theirs.

Reactions: 1 user
We will lose the clearances anyway. Our game is built upon winning the ball on the re-bound, so it just shows we are focusing on playing to our strengths rather than trying to combat theirs.

yeah but Grundy is about way more than clearances. He's like a gigantic Dion Prestia.

Im really worried about Ivan's support network.

agree with Aces, I hate the idea of Lynchy rucking.

Its like taking a Maserati on the beach at Fraser Island.

Reactions: 1 users
Higgins' last game was our last loss. Let's hope we don't have to Capuano him.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Great stuff Higgo welcome back son.

A truly remarkable effort.

Team Selection could be our down fall.
Houli, has just got back from a calf, why risk?
Prestia, hasn't completed the entire training block since returning.
Caddy has a leg issue.

We have enough depth to select 22 fit players.
Ross shouldve been selected ahead of Higgins.

Prestia never completes entire training blocks. He is being managed no different to last year. I reckon Caddy will be out.

Houli is the interesting one. Calf problems last year and this year. Massive hiatus. Could be a concern. But I wrote him off last year and he ended up nearly winning a Norm Smith so I effectively no nothing!

Houli in for Short for mine.

Id be tempted to take that.
yeah but Grundy is about way more than clearances. He's like a gigantic Dion Prestia.

Im really worried about Ivan's support network.

agree with Aces, I hate the idea of Lynchy rucking.

Its like taking a Maserati on the beach at Fraser Island.

Ezy I cant really see Tommy doing centre bounces (especially post PCL the ruckmans injury) he will likely do ruck contests (throw ins etc) forward of centre and half forward and allow Soldo to sit back behind the ball where he can catch a breather, and help defensively in the wall when they are trying to get the ball out.

Id almost be tempted if match ups allowed it for Broady to actually tag or run with Grundy around the ground if hes dominating so he has someone with decent height and athleticism that can run with him leaving Soldo to play back as tall cover and get his rest in on field.

Who knows.