Changes for R9 v Dogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for R9 v Dogs

In Balta, Coulthard, Cumberland, McAuliffe, Ryan and Smith. (If fit Prestia to return through VFL).
Out Banks, Campbell, Dow, Mansell, McIntosh and Naismith.

B Young Miller Vlastuin
HB Brown Broad Short
C Ralphsmith Rioli D, McAuliffe*
HF Cumberland* Balta* Rioli M Jr,
F Martin Lefau Ryan*
R Nankervis Bolton Baker
I/C Coulthard* Grimes Smith* and Sonsie. (Grimes could be nearing a farewell).
Sub Pickett.
Rioli and Short need a spell too
But Yes your OUTS are good

Balta back will help.

We've been a bit imbalanced for a while due to injuries (ie. we played 8 defenders at the weekend, we generally haven't done that and we didn't start that way this season). We have been supporting wings from our forward line, but I reckon Broad is perfect to play that role.

I'm also giving Banks his block of games - we've all said that these kids need a block of probably 5 games in a row minimum to see what they can do, hence why I want to include them.

I also think as part of the imbalance, we have been short of mids, and Ooze is trying to re-balance that with getting our forwards high up the ground, but I think we should get that extra mid in there.

So for me:
In Balta, McAuliffe, Coulthard
Out Naismith, Pickett, Campbell

B Grimes, Miller, Young
HB Short, Vlastuin, Rioli
C Ralphsmith, Baker, Banks
HF Mansell, Balta, MRJ
F Coulthard, Lefau, Martin
R Nankervis, Bolton, Sonsie
I/C Brown, Broad, McAuliffe, Dow
Sub Pickett

If we choose to tag Bont, then I'd put Pickett back in and Kmac can be the sub again. Dow can play a full game in the 2's.

we played 8 defenders at the weekend,
We didnt really cos DRioli didnt play back at all. and I would expect he wont play back again this week, like giving kidss a few games, i would expect a positional switch like that should get a few games to see how it works.

with the 22 you suggested, i would think Broad stays back and Rioli moves up half forward

I get the caution re: Prestia but surely you get to a point where you say “this isn’t a Miami rehab centre for over 60s, this is a footy club for professional athletes.”

If he’s good to go, just play him. If he pings, he pings. Last year.

100% agree.

Also, can you imagine the vitriol aimed at the club if he's played in the 2's and gets ironed out by a bush league brawler, or suffers an injury on an agricultural playing surface?

He's a professional athlete on good coin, and if he's passing fitness tests he should be playing seniors.

Reactions: 4 users
In - Balta, Prestia, Tresize, Coulthard, McAuliffe
Out - Naismith, Ralphsmith, Grimes, Campbell, Banks

That being said, I doubt we'll see 5 changes - maybe Grimes gets a reprieve and Tresize has another week in the 2s.

If Balta is in and Ryan is included, I say Myketi will be the player running up to the wing and back, providing the mark/link to help feed the two talls forwards, something we lacked since both Balta and Lynch have been missing due to injury.

Reactions: 1 users
In - Balta, Prestia, Tresize, Coulthard, McAuliffe
Out - Naismith, Ralphsmith, Grimes, Campbell, Banks

That being said, I doubt we'll see 5 changes - maybe Grimes gets a reprieve and Tresize has another week in the 2s.
Trezise was on managed minutes in the 2s so think he'll have at least another week there.

Reactions: 2 users
If Balta is in and Ryan is included, I say Myketi will be the player running up to the wing and back, providing the mark/link to help feed the two talls forwards, something we lacked since both Balta and Lynch have been missing due to injury.
Lefau will also benefit from not having the best key defender on him.

Can't wait to get Bauer back in the 1sts....consistently!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Will suit him well athletically and match ups, and he is a nice field kick as well.

Reactions: 1 user
In: Prestia (if ready) Balta (if ready) Coulthard
Out: Naismith, Banks, Campbell

Reactions: 1 user
I see Bauer is a test this week as well. It will be interesting to see where he is played in the VFL if he gets up.
I suspect back but I like him as a 3rd tallish forward.

Where is George when we need him?
Yeah George was able to do it all himself.
Miskicks, mismarks, mishandballs, misgoals, misdirection.

But one thing he did was never give up, never bludged, never just walked after an opponent or a teammates opponent. No one could ever question his effort.
I’ll sure give him credit for that. He went and went and went.
His executed basic football skills at a horrendous level too often. But his attitude and effort were elite. Probably in all honesty, there were none better.

I bet he was a bastard to train with as well. Always flat out. But I suppose you could always get a brief spell when an errant kick or handball came along :giggle:

Reactions: 3 users
IN Balta, Prestia, Ryan, Coulthard
OUT: Naismith, Banks, Campbell, KMac

Reactions: 2 users
Looks like the media are catching this the Doggies line in the sand game - pressure mounting on them.

If we can somehow play a good first half and go into half time in front, it might get a bit interesting.

I always find it interesting when PRE-enders propose 3, 4 even five changes in a week.......

I realise MC Yze isn't MC Hardwick but I'd hazard a guess that we rarely make 3 changes almost never 4 changes and except in emergency make 5 changes....

Mass injuries aside - I don't see this MC making wholesale changes when he's clearly indicated that he want's to get time into these young kids....

So having watched his post match presser (again) with this in mind - I respectfully suggest that reality looks something like this:

IN: Balta, Prestia, Ryan
OUT: Campbell, Banks, Naismith

So having watched his post match presser (again) with this in mind - I respectfully suggest that reality looks something like this:

IN: Balta, Prestia, Ryan
OUT: Campbell, Banks, Naismith
This is what I'd like to see, but with Prestia coming back I worry that Sonsie might get dropped instead of Campbell or Banks