Changes For Round 3 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes For Round 3

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Only watched the last quarter of the practice game. CJ took some good marks and Ryan looked good (tool a nice grab and converted).

Junior looked good and was getting up behind the wing and back as a half forward and still running guys down so the fitness may not be as big an issue as first thought.

Ralphsmith pretty anonymous on a wing. Fluffed a running shot. Needs a haircut. Biggy looked sharp as did Miller. VFL players 52 and 69 did a couple of nice things.

From limited viewing CJ and MJ are the exciting takeouts for me.

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I didn't watch any MRJ yesterday but no doubt he's going to be the best of the lot :D

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Anyone know where you can find a list of our VFL players. I had no luck on the Richmond website.

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
Anyone know where you can find a list of our VFL players. I had no luck on the Richmond website.
I haven't seen a lot of information at all on the VFL but this may help a bit.

1616111923379.png

Reactions: 1 user

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
good selection headaches to have. Dow, Dawkins, Martyn, Ralphsmith, Naish just have to keep playing good consistent VFL footy. Spots will open, Cotch, Lambert, Dion will not play all 22 games.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
In Vlaustin, Ross,
out Caddy, Cotchin / Lambert / Edwards (managed)

Reactions: 1 user

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Watched VFL game - MJ still a fair way off with fitness but his tackling is going to be something when he gets fit and playing AFL.

Silly rules in the VFL with 3 players from both sides in 50 metre arc. Game was held up a bit.

CCJ kicked 4 or 5 and took some good marks and did well in the ruck with sharing that with Chol and Ryan.

Martyn is going to be a good inside player - a little more bulk needed but a goer.

Biggie - I say would have been reported for head butting and will miss some weeks you would think - a silly action.
It was quite a fiery game at times for a practice game. RCD was tagged and didnt have much impact in game.

I thought Miller up back did ok.

Richmind won by 10 points
Me too on Miller.

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
.there's a distinct issue emerging in our games...forward line pressure has fallen off the map.

.the caddy/rioli wing/flank & its non existant leg speed pressure was rebound city on sunday
.we know caddy is treacle but rioli chase n tackle-stick is gone..
.& whats with daniels discipline problem?....flying unrealistically in leading fwd's path instead of crumbing role, fake-tough guy, face ground push & free turnover....dragged in my day
.the continual selection of these two compromises both team balance & work reward ethos @vfl level.
.jack performing but legs aging & easy run off.....needs surround speed
.aarts fit & hard but not supr quick ...

.thank christ for george who if injured will be devastation....in fact our signature small quick stocks are not good
.our top dozen are superior to any but require unwavering across the board pressure support...if not we get dusty bog.s & struggle to account for rebuilders....

.get ruthless richmond ....identify & address....the game is seriously exhausting now...spread the load.
.ross/vloss for caddy
.mj for dan

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The new standing the mark rule makes forward pressure far more difficult. I do agree on sharing the load though.

Give it a few weeks and we'll see how the new rule impacts after every team has had a good look at a reasonable number of games and we'll see if forward pressure can be ramped up or whether other solutions are needed.

DS

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
.there's a distinct issue emerging in our games...forward line pressure has fallen off the map.
When the game was there to be won it was elite. Non issue IMO.

This is our first real test. I reckon we will go in with the strongest side possible.

In Vlastuin
Out Caddy

Ross to play. Pickett the sub.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
When the game was there to be won it was elite. Non issue IMO.

This is our first real test. I reckon we will go in with the strongest side possible.

In Vlastuin
Out Caddy

Ross to play. Pickett the sub.
who plays other wing?

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
In Vlastuin and Houli
Out Caddy and Aarts

no logic except I want to see the previous year's starting 22 take the field together for the first time in history :D

Reactions: 2 users