Changes for Wooden Spoon Game v Weagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Wooden Spoon Game v Weagles

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Bit of nostalgia. 37 years ago this weekend missus & I trooped off to Subiaco Oval as it was Eagles first AFL game & against the Tigers. Tiger supporters were few & far to be seen. 3/4 time Tigers up by 5 goals & I said to the missus 'Tigers need the next one ". She said "why ?" It did not take long to realize Why as 15 minutes later Eagles were in front & Tigers lost the game by about 10 points.. BOG Mr Magic himself Maurice Rioli. Hope history does not repeat it self on Sunday as going to the game with a son.
Your story prompted my memory of taking T jnr to Freo’s first ever game (at the ‘G)
He was old enough to appreciate a “win” and was happy to leave early to catch a train when we were “comfortably” ahead
I listened on the platform to Freo catching up in the last 10-15 mins and prepared myself to explain that we’d actually lost
But fortunately we hung on

Reactions: 1 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Desperate times for us Tigers. Aside from the S&C review, Taranto type injuries are just unlucky. Training accidents.

Anyway - play what’s left, improvise (Pickett into the middle & Ralphsmith to a wing) & have a crack. All we can ask for. Running out of players to try unfortunately.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
We are going to see some players tried in different positions with this injury rate. Who knows, we may be surprised.

Any suggestions?
Lefau on ball to test his tackle against Reid.

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
who's left in the reserves that's not in the extended squad? Ryan, Smith, Cumberland, Coulthard, ??

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Okay it’s all getting a bit depressing, but let’s not get too down and focus on what’s important this year.
1. Get as many games into the young guys as possible
2. Put ourselves into the best draft position possible

Reactions: 4 users