Changes for Wooden Spoon Game v Weagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Wooden Spoon Game v Weagles

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
He could be last man standing and they still wouldn’t pick him
I know that feeling. My club would play one man short.
Meanwhile I’m doing jumping jacks to catch( the coaches attention. He could gagf. He cost me any chance of success and super stardom. I was better than Capperrrr!

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Mate no worse than what Pickett and Macca have been trotting out for years. Even Shorts kicking was deplorable last week V Saints

Hugo is versatile can play back or forward and has speed and pretty good overhead.

Need to see if he can translate his ressies form to the seniors, but hoping he shines along with the rest of the lads.
Oh don't get me wrong, Pickett and Macca are done, Short's gone down hill but Hugo has had 3 seasons and 32 games to prove himself. I find him very one dimensional which may cut it at VFL level but gets found out at the top level. But hey if he does play, I do hope he can find some consistency and cement a spot. Alot of pressure on youngsters this year as surely a few will be cut to make way for the bumper nbr of picks we have for the next draft.

Reactions: 1 user
Feb 25, 2007
Optus didn’t cop much of it.

Ground will be fine come Sunday as long as no more rain.

Just checked BOM

Sunday 14 April

Summary Min 14 Max 27 Sunny. Chance of any rain: 0%

Perth area​

Sunny. Light winds becoming south to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h in the middle of the day then becoming light in the late evening.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
What opportunities can we take out of this game?

Backline's still very strong. Could we use it to fix the midfield? Spread the love to the forward line? Can't fix that, but we could mediate damage. Unfortunately we have to put Kosi somewhere.

Let's go speed in the midfield.

FB: Short Miller Brown
HB: Broad Young Kmac
MID: Campbell McAuliffe Pickett
R: D. Rioli Nank M. Rioli
HF: Bolton Mansell Martin
FF: Vlastuin Lefau Baker

Int: Sonsie Graham Dow Kosi
Sub: Ralphsmith

Vlastuin might actually take a mark in the forward line (looking at you Lefau and Kosi). Not a physical like for like for Balta and Lynch, but more structurally similar.

No oppo player is bursting easily through that midfield. Bolton Martin and Baker are good for 8 goals.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Feb 25, 2007
If we are smart with our forward 50 entries, more lead-up passes, and chip it around we can render McGovern and Barrass ineffective but no doubt when pressure is on players do tend to bomb it so hope it's at a bare minimum.

I reckon that'll be the plan with a shortish forward line.

Reactions: 1 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
So match day yet still no match day thread.
Says it all really.
What a Shiitt show this year is.
Talk about zero expectations.
Plus another ridiculous time slot.

Reactions: 1 users