Changes for Wooden Spoon Game v Weagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Wooden Spoon Game v Weagles

Do we go another tall to support Kosi, Naismith or Ryan as I am not convinced that Kosi can cover that much ground at Optus stadium.

Not sure the MC will drop Graham. The old crew still holding onto their positions.. if not for injuries our team would resemble a dimma team of previous years.
The way dimma let the older players play a year to long was pretty horrid to watch .Titch in particular.Graham hasnt played great footy since 2020 and today was just another example of him playing a average but never damaging game.
Seth campbelll has already surpassed him .Who else can play a speedy damaging ,hard tackling ,role ?
Clarke ? Ralphsmith ?Maurice ? Daniel rioli ? Id rather play cumbo in a run of games .Fridge is not a foward thats for sure .He is slow and a non goal.kicker ,never at the fall of any kicks coming in from our backline and he is not the two way runner folks say he is . We need more from a flanker we crumble around that area
Loved him in 2017 to 2020..but that was then

Reactions: 1 users
Broad Miller Young
Brown Vlastuin DRioli
McIntosh Taranto Pickett
Coultard Bolton MJ
Naismith Kosi Martin

Nank Ross Baker

IC McAuliffe Short Campbell Lefau Dow

Marlion stays in Zips 17 to go Father Son for Marlion and Lycnh is more important than season 24. ;)
And we know he can play - he had a great game v Sydney last week. His disposal leaves a bit to be desired but then so does most of the team at different stages of the game.

In: Baker
Out: Dow

Would have hoped Kosi was swapped with one of Cumbo, Ryan, or Naismith (preferably Naismith) given his showing yesterday, but based on Yze's presser.

Reactions: 2 users
I really want Cumbo to get a month like Dow / Lefau / Kosi / MRJ etc. seem to be getting. I get you don't want them all at the same time.

Doesn't have to be this week but needs to be soon.

Reactions: 9 users
And we know he can play - he had a great game v Sydney last week. His disposal leaves a bit to be desired but then so does most of the team at different stages of the game.
The fact there were actually no wings on that ground didn’t help him I reckon

Reactions: 1 user
Question is who replaces Lefau, bring in another med-tall, or a proper tall
I would go Grimes as med-tall forward, would hunt and comoete and kick a few, if not then Naismith or Samson because when Kosi rucks we have nothing to compete aerially when Shorty brings rain....

If not Grimes will need Naismith or Samson just need someone to compete when Nank is speling.

Fwd line

MJ. , Grimes(Samson/Naismith). Baker ,
Mansell, Dusty, Shai, Kosi
(personally I’d have Cumbo but aint happening)

Last edited:
Bring in Cumberland, I dont care what his attitude and form has been. The guy can kick multiple goals

Reactions: 5 users
The idea of playing Grimes as a stopper against McGovern is intriguing (and intercept defenders in other teams).

In: Grimes, Baker
Out: Graham, Sonsie

Reactions: 2 users
Champion or not the past is the past our backline is settled and looks good. There is a spine there for the future add Gibcus to. No to Grimes for me coming in.

Reactions: 4 users
I don’t reckon well take Grimesy to WA this week.
As an old codger we should lhim rest then play him after the bye.
Keep him fresh.

Reactions: 3 users
I don’t reckon well take Grimesy to WA this week.
As an old codger we should lhim rest then play him after the bye.
Keep him fresh.
Hasn't played for a couple of weeks. How fresh do you want him? Wonder if he buggered up the wrist with the secateurs pruning all his wine trees.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Champion or not the past is the past our backline is settled and looks good. There is a spine there for the future add Gibcus to. No to Grimes for me coming in.
Couldn't agree more. This week's selection will say much about where Yze is at in the rebuild. A tough call looming.

I can foresee Grimes doing a Grigg and retiring before the mid season draft to give El Nour a crack at it.

Reactions: 6 users
You are right. Our backline is defensively starting to look like a unit with a mix of old and younger players

Reactions: 3 users
Out : Dow (inn)
In: Baker
This is the right call regarding Dow.

Dow's uncle is an innkeeper just south of Dimboola, and last week got his left aggot caught in a rat trap that Tammy Fraser had set and forgotten about, way back in late '79.

So young Thomas has been summoned to look after the inn next weekend, while the uncle undergoes his second aggotectomy, the first cod having fallen foul of an echidna spine during an extended drinking session on the last night of the annual 'Lapsed Baptists Hazing Camp' during the Easter of '93.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users