Changes for Wooden Spoon Game v Weagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for Wooden Spoon Game v Weagles

Bring in Cumberland, I dont care what his attitude and form has been. The guy can kick multiple goals
He is THE ONLY small foward we have who has kicked and can kick multiple goals but we play graham because he can run after players ..

Reactions: 3 users
He is THE ONLY small foward we have who has kicked and can kick multiple goals but we play graham because he can run after players ..
Graham with his cement boots on lagging 4metres behind surely we’re not going to give Cumbo a go he may kick a few goals and show up others

Reactions: 3 users
Lefau has to come out,100% not ready. So I think we should try McIntosh forward. He is a big body and 191cm. He is struggling out on the wing with the speed of the AFL kids. He is a good contested mark and competes. Short rotates to the wing with others and at times half back.. So McIntosh covers until Balta returns. If not McIntosh then Grimes but McIntosh is a better kick for goal. This leaves the back 6 or 7 fairly stable. McIntosh just needs to compete and bring the ball to ground if needed or even spoil the interceptors.

Brown Young Broad
Rioli Miller Vlastuin
Pickett Tarranto Short
Campbell McIntosh Roil
Mansell Kozitski Bolton

Nankervis, Ross, Martin

Dow, Baker, Graham, McAuliffe

Sub: Sonsie

Out: Lefau In: Baker

Graham with his cement boots on lagging 4metres behind surely we’re not going to give Cumbo a go he may kick a few goals and show up others
WAtch graham every week and he is a chronic lagger behind .Mj ,mansell and camobell showed what we need.Fast ,hard tacklers who can go up the ground and also kick goals..
The bloody old plodders of our older mids and fowards is a major issue ..

Reactions: 1 user
Bring in Cumberland, I dont care what his attitude and form has been. The guy can kick multiple goals
I dont buy into this utter nonsense that so many blindly buy into,because someone once said Cumbo has a bad attitude.When have we seen this ?
We havent seen it.The guy sbows genuine passion and has kicked some fantastic goals

Reactions: 1 users
I don't really don't know who will come in or out but I've got a really bad feeling this week.
McGovern Yeo & Duggan all got votes this week.
We won't take them lightly but they would have this game pencilled in as a win

I don't really don't know who will come in or out but I've got a really bad feeling this week.
The way we've kicked the ball into our forward line McGovern will break the record for marks :cool:

Reactions: 1 users
Scary innit. Wet Coke had a fair crack on the weekend n almost looked like they'd pinch the game. Reckon at home they might be feeling like they can finally start to step up n thump someone.

Scary innit. Wet Coke had a fair crack on the weekend n almost looked like they'd pinch the game. Reckon at home they might be feeling like they can finally start to step up n thump someone.
Waterman 3 goals
Ryan 3 goals
Deboey 2 goals
Findley 2 goals
Williamson 1 goal

Naismith would be a good inclusion. last time we had 2 ruckmen we dominated the game against them.

Lefau has to come out,100% not ready. So I think we should try McIntosh forward. He is a big body and 191cm. He is struggling out on the wing with the speed of the AFL kids. He is a good contested mark and competes. Short rotates to the wing with others and at times half back.. So McIntosh covers until Balta returns. If not McIntosh then Grimes but McIntosh is a better kick for goal. This leaves the back 6 or 7 fairly stable. McIntosh just needs to compete and bring the ball to ground if needed or even spoil the interceptors.

Brown Young Broad
Rioli Miller Vlastuin
Pickett Tarranto Short
Campbell McIntosh Roil
Mansell Kozitski Bolton

Nankervis, Ross, Martin

Dow, Baker, Graham, McAuliffe

Sub: Sonsie

Out: Lefau In: Baker
Agree with the idea of putting someone “ new “ out of the goal square
Although I would use Pickett
Why ?
He attacks the ball
And hopefully is team mates will honour the leads instead of kicking down the line on top of the heads

Why ?
He attacks the ball
And hopefully is team mates will honour the leads instead of kicking down the line on top of the heads
Yeah but he drops chest marks

WAtch graham every week and he is a chronic lagger behind .Mj ,mansell and camobell showed what we need.Fast ,hard tacklers who can go up the ground and also kick goals..
The bloody old plodders of our older mids and fowards is a major issue ..
Once we can manage to get Coulthard and Juddy into this side we will have even better wheels and better skills across the park

Reactions: 4 users
Why ?
He attacks the ball
Agree that Pickett is the better option yes. However, we still need experience on the wing on at least one side. That's why I think we should leave him wing and send the struggling McIntosh forward temporarily until Balta or Lynch return. I think McIntosh will surprise us forward. Pickett is still in decent enough form.

Last edited:
If the Weagles do win then we we know we are in the race for the wooden spoon this year. Will not be happy about that