Changes v Aints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Aints

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Caddy didn’t play. If you drop him you have to drop one extra

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Out: Pickett

Port would finished the game with 21 fit men if not for Pickett.

YES, he butchers the odd ball and fumbles the odd ball, but 80% of the time he takes the 3 nitrosteps and fixes it up.

He isnt the perfect footballer, but he runs fast and hard all day, maims the opposition, and provides all the link up a wingman should.

I believe firmly he should be in the guts.

Reactions: 13 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
but would drop Caddy and maybe move someone else on to the bench.
Got a strange feeling Cadds has already been dropped. Not really fair to reinstate him to the team mid week n then drop him again on match day.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I don't mind the calls to play Caddy forward, Aarts has been so ineffectual that the opposition are still managing to double team Jack and Tom a lot of the time.

Reactions: 2 users

Jewell

Tiger Cub
May 4, 2006
Ralphsmith will play.
Flappers will be back
And i expect Rioli to come back too.
I would love to see Chol or Cj get a game. We don't have any marking presence around the ground besides nakas.
Out, Martyn Aarts Ross and Mansel
Chol isn't going to add any marking presence....wont even add a presence

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I still believe our side is better when Caddy plays forward, I’d have Caddy play deep forward, very smart one on one and probably our best around goals with accuracy, when Dusty rests as the deepest forward Caddy pushes up the ground, that’s just how I’d be doing it , I think I’d go Lynch, Reiwoldt, Rioli , Rioli and Georgie , however I really want to get CJ in the team , think we work better with the 2 rucks

Reactions: 3 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Welease Cawwum!!

In Cujo Kmac (MJ if Kmac or Cotchin not right)
out Martyn (good learning experience) Aarts (sorry Jake)
Balta to play the Flossy role

Broad Grimes Astbury
Short Balta Houli
Pickett Cotchin Mansell
Castagna Bolton Baker
Jack Lynchy CCJ
Nank Martin Edwards

Int lambert Ross Graham Kmac (MJR_)

Reactions: 1 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Coleman Jones kickd two in the practice game v Werribee yesterday, would be nice to help nank out a bit and maybe kick a goal or two....

Parmybarmyswarmy

Tiger Cub
Oct 1, 2020
I think the MC are waiting for Dreamtime at the G
For MRJ to debut,,might be Sydney's return as well
Imagine a team,,with both riolis, stack, sheda,Bolton and picket
Wow,,, THE MCG would be buzzing

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He isnt the perfect footballer, but he runs fast and hard all day, maims the opposition, and provides all the link up a wingman should.

Maims is a great description. Not sure I've seen a bloke do more damage to the opposition completely legally. And at what, 80 odd kg? Maybe he's packing a crowbar that you just don't see?

No way he gets dropped, I'm hoping he can tidy up his disposal and we've got another bonfide A grdaer.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Port would finished the game with 21 fit men if not for Pickett.

YES, he butchers the odd ball and fumbles the odd ball, but 80% of the time he takes the 3 nitrosteps and fixes it up.

Agree. Thought Marlion was good. Never seen a player lay crunching tackles at pace at the exact time the opposition takes possession. His timing is amazing. I would keep him on the wing as he guards space better than anyone, is good defensively in the air being able to stop outlet kicks. Just needs to improve his kicking and get rid of it quicker.

Reactions: 6 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
My understanding is that he can play but I have seen this questioned, not sure if it matters but last Saturday was afternoon and Thursday will be evening.

DS
That's goes in our favour as at 7 pm Thursday he would of not played for 12 X 24 hours plus 2 1/2 hours over.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
2019 stack was described by Peter sumich has the equally hardest player he had ever seen,stack is quick and agile and would add lots to our team.
Young Martyn will make it has he was running up and down prestia like, the thing is that Martyn has never ever ever even played a VFL game,just let that sink in,a guy playing his first game with no experience in a real intence VFL game,not even one.

Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Agree. Thought Marlion was good. Never seen a player lay crunching tackles at pace at the exact time the opposition takes possession. His timing is amazing. I would keep him on the wing as he guards space better than anyone, is good defensively in the air being able to stop outlet kicks. Just needs to improve his kicking and get rid of it quicker.
The wing is definitely his spot, and like you never seen a bloke put the hurt on like he does with tackles.

Feb 25, 2007
Outs: Aarts, Mansell, Martyn
Ins: Macca, Ralphsmith, Rioli (or we could go CCJ for Aarts), another tall to help nank wouldn't go astray), Balta and Astbury can stay 100% in backline.

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Out: Aarts
Ins: Ralpsmith
Inj: Swap Caddy for RCD

Leaving Martyn, Mansell and Ross in for another week gives them another chance to learn about the pace and hardness of the senior game.

Gives KMac more time to recover. 12 days is the concussion recovery rule and the Saint's game is right on the time boundary.

The Riolis can carve it up in the magoos.

CCJ can wait another week.