Changes v Aints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Aints

Every team needs a couple of blokes who can play a run-with role when required. I think Pickett should be developed in that direction and given that role at times when we are losing the clearances. We need elite flexibility within our personnel to support tactical changes mid-game.

I find it strange that the best game of his career was in the guts,

and hes hardly ever gone there again?

from what ive read, he took his game to another level at south freo when Tim Kelly left and he went into ..... the guts.

He's a mid.

Reactions: 1 users
I find it strange that the best game of his career was in the guts,

and hes hardly ever gone there again?

from what ive read, he took his game to another level at south freo when Tim Kelly left and he went into ..... the guts.

He's a mid.
I reckon your mans too fumbly in the guts ezzzzy, though he’d make it hard for the opposition, imho he needs space , hes a brilliant tackler but he’s not quick at decision making, especially in the heat of a centre bounce .

Wing or magoos

I reckon your mans too fumbly in the guts ezzzzy, though he’d make it hard for the opposition, imho he needs space , hes a brilliant tackler but he’s not quick at decision making, especially in the heat of a centre bounce .

Wing or magoos

I reckon he could be the most talented and valuable whipping man PRE has ever known ?

I think hes edged out Griggs ?

Im OK with it,

there a direct relationship between whipping boy calibre,

and premierships.

I hope, one day, Dusty becomes a whipping boy.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
he’s not quick at decision making, especially in the heat of a centre bounce .

he didnt really seem to ruminate for too long on whether or not he should pirouette

around Whitfield,

and lay down the most romantic passage of play,

the game has ever seen?

Can’t believe some posters want Rioli back in the side after we carried him for the first two rounds And the past two premiership years.
He got dropped to medical sub got another chance when the human meatball was injured and was a passenger again Apart from two goals.
He hasn’t had a fair dinkum game to show that his form has improved.
He is non competitive and only looks good in open fast games.
Didnt he kick four in a prelim final?

he didnt really seem to ruminate for too long on whether or not he should pirouette

around Whitfield,

and lay down the most romantic passage of play,

the game has ever seen?
This is true , looking forward to seeing that re played on the big screen at the beach hotel Byron

Wing or magoos
Reckon it might be his biggest problem, playing on the outside.
Fish seems to be looking n thinking, planning his next move as he's taking the ball. Causes him to fumble or mistime his possession n then he;s got to look n re assess his options when he's recovered the fumble.
With Prestigiocomo out for a few weeks with a bung Hammy, it would be the perfect opportunity to shove Fish into the guts n see if he's got some clean get n give in heavy traffic. We know he's got a penchant for inflicting some heavy body work on the opposition. Why not put him into the cauldron n see what happens? It's not like he's some delicate little 75kg. 18y.o. kid getting fed to the big mid field beasties.

Reckon it might be his biggest problem, playing on the outside.
Fish seems to be looking n thinking, planning his next move as he's taking the ball. Causes him to fumble or mistime his possession n then he;s got to look n re assess his options when he's recovered the fumble.
With Prestigiocomo out for a few weeks with a bung Hammy, it would be the perfect opportunity to shove Fish into the guts n see if he's got some clean get n give in heavy traffic. We know he's got a penchant for inflicting some heavy body work on the opposition. Why not put him into the cauldron n see what happens? It's not like he's some delicate little 75kg. 18y.o. kid getting fed to the big mid field beasties.
It’s interesting as other have pointed out that he hasnt been in there since the 2019 GF, my guess is they see enough of him tight at training

my guess is they see enough of him tight at training
Phhhht, training's half pace to game heat.
Fish has regularly been wing n half back since 2019. He works the Ks back n forth on the wing, he hits bodies to hurt whenever he's back or wing. His biggest issues are his slightly fumbly ball take, second guess disposal n loopy kicking, all in space.
We've got Dusty, Cotch, Shedda, Shai, Fridge, Rossy, Prestgiocomo n Lamblett all take a bit of a look through the midfield rotations at times. Why not poke Fish into a couple of mid rotations n see what happens, it's not like were dominating clearances every game in recent years n Fish might go well at rummaging around in and under instead of slightly lacking polish on the outside. New game rules can really chew ya up when there's that slight lack of shiny outside polish.

Not sure why the calls for Mansell to be dropped after 1 game.Thought he did ok under the circumstances.
CCJ is a given inclusion IMO.
Would not surprise if Cotch is rested.

IN:Ccj/Kmac/Ralph
OUT:Cotch(rested),Martyn/Aaarts

Cotchin being rested is quite the possibility. He will be coming off a 5 & 6 day break.

Fish has regularly been wing n half back since 2019. He works the Ks back n forth on the wing, he hits bodies to hurt whenever he's back or wing. His biggest issues are his slightly fumbly ball take, second guess disposal n loopy kicking, all in space.
We've got Dusty, Cotch, Shedda, Shai, Fridge, Rossy, Prestgiocomo n Lamblett all take a bit of a look through the midfield rotations at times. Why not poke Fish into a couple of mid rotations n see what happens, it's not like were dominating clearances every game in recent years n Fish might go well at rummaging around in and under instead of slightly lacking polish on the outside. New game rules can really chew ya up when there's that slight lack of shiny outside polish.
You serious think we train at half pace phhhht

If any player fumbles in space there’s no way there going to be clean in the heat of it , one of the key ingredients between the A and B grade mids is clean hands , I suppose the facts are that if the MC thought Pickett was up to been in the middle he would have been in there on a regular basis, I have to disagree with you TM it’s wing or bust for me, I’m not sure he’s in my best 22 now , hurts the opposition physically , but not on the scoreboard, for me it’s Kmac in his natural role on the wing and somebody like Short or Bakes on the other, we need some skill not just hard running on the wings with the faster paced game this season imho

Not sure why the calls for Mansell to be dropped after 1 game.Thought he did ok under the circumstances.
CCJ is a given inclusion IMO.
Would not surprise if Cotch is rested.

IN:Ccj/Kmac/Ralph
OUT:Cotch(rested),Martyn/Aaarts
We've been playing 8 defenders because we're using Balta/Astbury in the ruck. If CJ comes in, a defender goes out. Last in, first out. Mansell did ok, but that's the way it goes.

Not a lot of love for Caddy on here. I feel the club has let him down and taken him from his best posi. I wud love to get him away from a role he is not suited for on the wing and play a near perminant half fwd or even a pocket, He would pop up for two goals a game i reckon. He is a great contested mark, can take a hanger and is a better than most kick for goal. Waisted due to our love of small tackling fwds but are they working out lately...
You playgerised me word for word.. ! Agree entirely no more wing please

Gee I missed KMac after only 1 game out.
The smiling, goofy wrecking ball makes me smile every time I watch him play.
And have I mentioned how underrated he is?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I think I’d go in with a couple of tweaks, we need a bit of pace due to it been at the dump, also a bit of height forward won’t hurt under the roof.

Grimes- Balta( gets King) -DTLD

Baker- Broad- Houli ( strongly consider playing Mansell, he needs the money)

KMac- Dusty-Shorty ( Going with ShOrr in front of Rioli as new winger due to the long kicking over the lines )

Lambert-Lynch( pushing up the ground so he can run onto the ball more) -Edwards

Rioli-Reiwoldt ( Jack appears in better goal kicking form then Tom) -Georgie ( back deep doing what he does best, looked a bit lost up the ground Friday night)

Nank- Ross( given the skip the night off)- Bolton( must start in the middle, sparked us early so many games last season)

Graham- CJ ( firstly needs footy , also we are much better with 2 genuine rucks, plus he can rotate a bit with Jack and Tom)- RCD-Naish ( going with some youth and a bit of run)

Going to be a tough gig this one, we’ll have a few sore boys from last weeks game and all of a sudden the Saints are up and about

We're getting killed in the middle, why not try Pickett in there?

I get what Mr Brightside is saying but as others have pointed to, is it that Pickett is second guessing himself as he waits for the ball? No time to do anything but go on instinct in the middle. Plus, I have noticed we don't have players run through the congestion in the middle to try and collect the ball - imagine Pickett doing this, opposition players would be falling like 9 pins, would certainly help us.

DS

We're getting killed in the middle, why not try Pickett in there?

I get what Mr Brightside is saying but as others have pointed to, is it that Pickett is second guessing himself as he waits for the ball? No time to do anything but go on instinct in the middle. Plus, I have noticed we don't have players run through the congestion in the middle to try and collect the ball - imagine Pickett doing this, opposition players would be falling like 9 pins, would certainly help us.

DS
I’m not at all against trying something with Pickett in the middle , it’s only my opinion that he has deficienciesthat will stop him been able to play that role, maybe we could use him as a run with.

I can see why he has so many fans and so many detractors, in saying that I think it’s obvious why he wasn’t picked up earlier, he simply makes too many fundamental errors, it’s contradictory but I love him in the team, I just think We can do better with the new rules

if MP is in this week I’d love to see him pick off Jones as he tries to scrap Dusty off the ball