Changes v Aints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Aints

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Not sure what I'd do with selection this week but I'm dead against dropping Martyn and Mansell.

It would validate the idea we stuffed up selection last week. That doesn't sit well with me given the two-point margin.

I get that Port at AO and Saints at Docklands are different beasts. But I'd retain the two kids for all the same reasons they were—presumably—picked for the Port game: hardness and defensive pressure. The Port game was a baptism of fire. They cannot be judged on that game alone. We need to see more to be certain they are or are not ready.

I think Jakey Aarts has run out of lives and a spot needs to be cleared for K-Mac.

What roles for the two kids, then?

The Saints have a few in-form small forwards. I don't think it would be hard to find a job for Mansell. Butler, Billings and Higgins all hit the scoreboard last week and Lonie's been in reasonable touch.

I'm not fully across Martyn's skill set but could be used as a defensive forward in the Aarts role?

One change for me: McIntosh for Aarts.

Edwards and Martyn as the 6th/7th forwards.

Back in the kids.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Edwards and Martyn as the 6th/7th forwards.

Back in the kids.

Ive got no problems with backing in the kids,

but If you said to a 'transition mid' (centreman in the old parlance I believe?) in his 2nd game,

coming off a bit of a horror first game,

'we want you to play in the toughest role on the ground for the first time in your life - defensive small forward'

I reckon that could be considered a kind of workplace psychological abuse

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
.sen 40 min ago...richmond worst scoring side from kickouts this year
.zero points despite increased kickout square
.wing/s too short? ... tall fwds not presenting?
.need..
.kmac back & tall quick otherside, mobile 3rd fwd tall with licence to roam?

Reactions: 1 user

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
.need..
Very interesting stat...are we a bit short without the second genuine ruck. Time for CCJ?

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
The only thing that really stands out to me from those stats are CCJ's 4 contested marks. Not al lot to write home about from the rest.
How much game time though? It was a practice match. Probably trying things out and giving everyone a chance to get a touch before the season proper.

jack zoot

Tiger Cub
Dec 24, 2005
Apparently chol and ccj in captain run today
Looks like one will definitely come in

Reactions: 2 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Hugo?
Would be good for him to debut this week given his Dad played for the Aints!

Reactions: 1 user

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
.need..
Perhaps with a CCJ in the side , one tall can play higher up the ground, a roaming CHF & that still leaves 2 tall's deep inside 50 when required

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
Perhaps with a CCJ in the side , one tall can play higher up the ground, a roaming CHF & that still leaves 2 tall's deep inside 50 when required
I'd like to see Miller come in to the side and free up Balta as a tall utility and second ruck, and stop using Astbury in the ruck. We need to see what Miller has got at some stage.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Cujo and 2 phones in the frame interesting.

I'm thinking one of them probably comes into the squad.

If Chol could hit packs and contests and mark like CCJ or if CCJ could kick and move as well as 2 Phones we'd have a absolute gun tall ruck forward.

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
In Rioli amd McIntosh
Out. Ross and Martyn

why would you drop Ross after one game? I thought he was okay and surely he would only benefit from more game time. Would’ve rather seen Caddy in forward line than Rioli.

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Cujo and 2 phones in the frame interesting.

I'm thinking one of them probably comes into the squad.

If Chol could hit packs and contests and mark like CCJ or if CCJ could kick and move as well as 2 Phones we'd have a absolute gun tall ruck forward.
Who’s two phones and why is he called that?