Changes V Cats | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Cats

We are not as settled as previous Premiership years a few rounds out
Plus we have underdone players of quality who might not even be ready. Prestia & Astbury are long shots to me. Nank has been terrible & you’d have to wonder about the recovery of his injured foot as a result. Harder still for a running player like Prestia. Of the outs, I really only expect Grimes, Lambert, Caddy & Edwards to feature. Maybe Stack. Conundrum with Nank & Chol (for goodness sake show intensity Marbior at every contest! and jump when rucking, do not body).
we are going to need to fluke right combo. Eg, stack or higgo; caddy? Chol? ; soldo and or Nank..Plus Chol etc
Broad? Rioli?

i think Baker can be a mid wildcard

I think we need to blood our 'finals' Towner or Graham this week. Geelong have no tap rucks to speak of but have some willing athletes. I'd go CCJ for Soldo. Nank will dust off the rust and do the job against the Cats and CCJ may be the Cat's whiskers and/or pyjamas and end up with the cream and/or bickies!

Also Lambo and Grimes in. Higgo and Dow out. Baker to midfield to be mini Prestia/Shed.

Not sure about all these changes.Baker is in top form why would you move him.Nank and Soldo is our premiership ruck pair only can see Chol coming in for horses for courses.Grimes comes in, Edwards,Lambert and Dave is the one we need in defence.Like I said cannot make the mistake playing injured or unfit players.

Reactions: 2 users
In: Clearances (team)
Out: Complacency (supporters)

If we let cats dominate clearances they will cut us to pieces.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Gotta be massive concerns about Prestia and Astbury having a meaningful contribution this year. Both have been out for a long time with lower body issues so have not been able to run and fitness will be an issue. Prestia has shown in the past that it takes him a few weeks to get back up to speed after an injury break.

IMO we can not bank on either being key contributors to our premiership defence.

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Do they have the Alter G machine, or whatever it's called in the hub?
This may help get Prestia & Astbury get some work in.

I: Grimes, Lambert, Chol
Out: Broad, Dow, Nankervis
Can't see them dropping Nank Oldie. He needs to play to increase match fitness. Yeah he was horrible last night but he was 2nd up from a long spell. He's a dual premiership ruckman and proven finals performer.

Don't think we can afford to play Chol. He just doesn't bring the intensity required at this level to every game. You can't do that at this end of the season.

Reactions: 4 users
Grimes won’t play.

Dimma was careful in his terminology. He said Grimes would be “available” but I don’t think they’ll pull the trigger

Not sure about the calls to drop Higgins.

Reckon he was great when the whips were cracking late in the game.

The kid needs some continuity.

Did more than enough and will only get better with more game time in the legs.

Reactions: 5 users
In: Lambert, Ross (?)
Out: Higgins, Dow

Cant play both Higgins and Lambert together. Very similar types (Lambert clearly superior though).

If there is any doubt on Grimes' fitness they won't risk him, BUT
His injury was very minor and they put him into cotton wool early.
He will have had 15 days between games
His hammies have been good since the Germany trip. He knows how to look after them better too.

If there is any doubt on Grimes' fitness they won't risk him, BUT
This next game is like a Preliminary Final that we MUST win. It's a bit like "if we don't bring Royce on now we won't be in the bloody Grand Final".

If there is any doubt on Grimes' fitness they won't risk him. :eek:

In: Clearances (team)
Out: Complacency (supporters)

If we let cats dominate clearances they will cut us to pieces.

I dunno. They just kick it to shorty, notorius and bachar, who kick it back twice as far

We can beat cats without grimesy and we can win the flag without beating cats.

Tgeres no way tigers play like its a prelim. Cats might.

We will play like its the end of H&A

Reactions: 1 user
Thought game against the Frockers would’ve been good time to bring in Collier-Dawkins or Ross
We need a big bodied midfielder in there sick of losing clearances

Nank is better than Soldo. Time to invest in him for finals. Soldo has done well and it is a credit to him but he was sexond fiddle to Nank who helped turn this club arounD, time to repay that.
Chol is the wildcard second fiddle goal kicker - has to be.
Cats would rather Chol didnt play - that answers the predicament question

Reactions: 1 user
Thought game against the Frockers would’ve been good time to bring in Collier-Dawkins or Ross
We need a big bodied midfielder in there sick of losing clearances

And winning games?

If big bodies is all you want, may as well play chol as a mid.

Me? I think the diminutive set up of cotchin bolton Martin pickett edwards prestia

Will suffice

I dunno. They just kick it to shorty, notorius and bachar, who kick it back twice as far

We can beat cats without grimesy and we can win the flag without beating cats.

Tgeres no way tigers play like its a prelim. Cats might.

We will play like its the end of H&A

Yep, no need to fall into the David King method of analysis.

They keep telling us we have to change to win.

Can't play with one tall forward. Can't do it without Rance. Can't play Grigg as a ruckman. Can't lose the clearances all the time. Need to tag Fyfe. Need to stop McGovern. Can't let Neale get 50 possessions again. Can't do it with any injuries. Can't win it away from the G.

We just go, 'Oh yeah? Watch us.'

Then we win another premiership and they have to rewrite the hymn book again.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users