Changes V Cats | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Cats

Grimes won’t play.

Dimma was careful in his terminology. He said Grimes would be “available” but I don’t think they’ll pull the trigger
Good call.

We will definitely take the conservative approach.

Balta to Hawkins.
Broad to Rohan

Reactions: 1 user
Good call.

We will definitely take the conservative approach.

Balta to Hawkins.
Broad to Rohan

Its a bit of a nobrainer to get grimes spot on for finals.

If we beat geelong, they dont feel like they can beat us with grimes.

We dont beat them, and they dont think they can beat us with grimes.

And dave, sheds, caddy and dion.

We wont take a risk

The time has come to pick a team for the grand final and work backwards, allowing for injury, skill, form and fitness.
Quite a few problems still exist. Chaos entry into the forward line is not working and our scoring has been modest as a result.
Our midfield has done reasonably well but can struggle and our rucks are fighters but very one paced and just Ok. Soldo will take the brunt but like others, I don't think the second ruck choice is all that clear cut.

Listening to the most recent interviews with Burge and Dimma, Grimes and Lambert will be available against the Cats and so will Chol and Stack. Astbury who is very important to us, looks just 50/50.

Forward line.
Big changes, Castagna and Rioli have not done much by their previous standards, all year. Plenty of chances to date and in each case disposal and confidence, is a major problem, perhaps the same problem.
Higgins has always been a bit slow and unfortunately his absence for much of the season means he just can't catch up. Will be a major issue if he plays against the cats.
Chol in to create a marking target at half forward and to maintain touch in case the decision to go with Nank misses.
Markov to play a defensive role on their weakest defender, and lap up the mistakes.

Rucks
Soldo and Nank again after their heroics against Nic Nat with Chol to play forward, with a run when the ball is bounced in the forward line.

Mids
Lambert and Stack to return.

Defence
If Dave can play he should even allowing for doubts over fitness. Broady makes way and as long as Dave plays and McIntosh maintains his form both Broad (and Josh Caddy) will miss.

Wont happen but,
In Astbury, Chol, Grimes, Lambert and Stack.
Out Broad, Castagna, Dow, Higgins and Rioli.

B Astbury Balta Grimes
HB Short Vlastuin* Baker
C McIntosh Cotchin Pickett
HF Markov Chol Lambert
F Lynch Martin Riewoldt
R Soldo Graham Bolton
I/C Aarts Houli Nankervis and Stack.
*Tigger took another heavy head shot last night?
TBC when available, Caddy (unlikely), Edwards and Prestia.

Thought game against the Frockers would’ve been good time to bring in Collier-Dawkins or Ross
We need a big bodied midfielder in there sick of losing clearances
we lost clearances coz nank soldo dusty cotch and bolton all had a large dose of CBF.

they switched it on in the last when required.

we'll bring the heat against geelong don't worry about that

Reactions: 4 users
If grimes doesn't front up, wonder if they'll swing harry taylor forward to expose our lack of height.

If grimes doesn't front up, wonder if they'll swing harry taylor forward to expose our lack of height.

They have to worry about Jack and Tom, thats Harry and Blicavs spoken for or at least Harry and the Henderson ;) (see what I did there?)

Best result for me is

Grimes and Lambo in for Dow and Higgins.

I feel Higgo is a victim of the new run and gun fast footy, its also the reason Castagna and Rioli have continually been played when they've been sheizenhauzen.

Grimes and Broad together with Noah and Tigga sure up the defence.

Markov to the wing for his run and pace and Marlion inside to the middle to use his physical presence.

Reactions: 2 users
Depends a bit on what actually happened. The signs from afar were it was so minor to be precautionary more than damaged.

What tends to happen is most players that do a hamstring for the first time do it really well because they don't know what they are feeling, but once you have done a couple they go the other way and become hyper aware. We've seen Darcy Moore have issues with that not so long ago.

My guess is Grimes felt some awareness, wasn't sure and applied some load and felt something wasn't right. Then I suspect he consulted the support crew and they pretty quickly established there was nothing dramatically wrong but he still felt something in there.

He will have had a scan the next morning which will give a pretty definitive answer on the extent of any damage so that will have shown nothing if they are genuinely considering him next game.

Again, because of his experience he will be hyper aware so if he is able to be training normally and not troubled by any feeling by the time we prepare for Geelong you would feel pretty comfortable turning him lose again.

Well put Large Son Of Bull.

None at the RFC know their hammies more than Grimes and Cotchie.

Reactions: 4 users
Ins: Lambert, Grimes (if fit)
Out: Dow, Higgins
Would like to see Chol come in against Geelong as his height will help so maybe if Grimes is not right bring Chol in for Higgins

And winning games?

If big bodies is all you want, may as well play chol as a mid.

Me? I think the diminutive set up of cotchin bolton Martin pickett edwards prestia

Will suffice
im never quite sure about the idea we need a 'big bodied mid". most CBs we have Cotch and Dusty. Neither are over 190cm, but i cant see them getting pushed around by any other mid in the comp. Graham is the same, maybe not quite as strong, but stronger than RCD or Ross.
Prestia, when he returns, again isnt tall, but is as strong as any mid.

im never quite sure about the idea we need a 'big bodied mid". most CBs we have Cotch and Dusty. Neither are over 190cm, but i cant see them getting pushed around by any other mid in the comp. Graham is the same, maybe not quite as strong, but stronger than RCD or Ross.
Prestia, when he returns, again isnt tall, but is as strong as any mid.

Yep Cotch is our mini bull but probably only has 1 more year so need someone else to come through. Interesting re strength, Cotch was doing a lot of one on one stoppage work with Riley earlier this year and commented on radio that he was virtually impossible to shift which was scary for someone so young.

I know I am going in to bat for someone with no exposed form, but I have high hopes.

Maybe his diet is why I like him so much;), (a paragraph from a Feb preseason article on Riley)

"A typical day started with an egg white omelette, and ended with a small steak and Caesar salad:D, with very little in between and very few carbohydrates".

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Out: Stupidity
In: Brains

The club needs to get a better handle on what the players are doing off the field. It's all well and good to let the players have some fun and enjoy their footy, but they're crossing the line too often

Maybe he has scratched himself maybe not. But let's do him the justice of waiting for the facts to be sorted out before jumping to conclusions.

Yep Cotch is our mini bull but probably only has 1 more year so need someone else to come through. Interesting re strength, Cotch was doing a lot of one on one stoppage work with Riley earlier this year and commented on radio that he was virtually impossible to shift which was scary for someone so young.

I know I am going in to bat for someone with no exposed form, but I have high hopes.

Maybe his diet is why I like him so much;), (a paragraph from a Feb preseason article on Riley)

"A typical day started with an egg white omelette, and ended with a small steak and Caesar salad:D, with very little in between and very few carbohydrates".

i've had one of your salads, caesar, very tasty. Just got to get rid of the anchovies, dude