Changes v Crows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Crows

Nailed it Carter.

But like you said Hardwick can be stubborn as a mule. He needs to make the hard call on Astbury.
I think Miller would do no worse than Dave. He is way quicker and I think his big body would serve us well.

Reactions: 3 users
You might sit in your local or immediate area or section and it gets noisy ....cheersquad...grog squad or whatever.... but across the entire ground is what impacts. Around the entire ground as a complete fan base we need to lift a bit I reckon.
This I agree with. As a collective we are no longer that loud.

During 2019 you could definitely hear our fan base.

Maybe its a case of success diluting our interest?

Reactions: 1 users
I mentioned in another thread Houli gets bagged at this time every year. so does Hardwick, and his (it is his when people disagree) team selection.

despite being an all time great coach he still cops a lot of *smile* on here form people who think they know better.

Reactions: 6 users
I mentioned in another thread Houli gets bagged at this time every year. so does Hardwick, and his (it is his when people disagree) team selection.

despite being an all time great coach he still cops a lot of *smile* on here form people who think they know better.

Lol blind Freddie can see the forward line inefficiency at the moment.

Just because fans are pushing for certain selections doesn’t mean Dimma and his selection committee aren’t grappling with the same arguments on a weekly basis.

But it’s cute how some put Dimma on a pedestal and refuse to see him as a great, but fallible, coach.

Possible returns this week
Dion Prestia
Trent Cotchin
Shai Bolton

Edwards - possible next week
Lambert - 2 weeks

This I agree with. As a collective we are no longer that loud.

During 2019 you could definitely hear our fan base.

Maybe its a case of success diluting our interest?

That’s a factor, but the general ticketing nonsense has also contributed to people’s malaise imo. I know I’m certainly impacted when I get told to move on when standing with a mate I have met up with, or the ridiculous lines for food/drink, not being able to sit in usual spots or with usual people etc. Not to mention people who are still concerned (rightly or wrongly) about the virus. It’s a perfect storm of a few factors which have contributed to the down swing.

Reactions: 1 user
Lynch out
Knee soreness
If Chol plays before Cj.
Just don't ever bring up his name again.

Lol blind Freddie can see the forward line inefficiency at the moment.

Just because fans are pushing for certain selections doesn’t mean Dimma and his selection committee aren’t grappling with the same arguments on a weekly basis.

But it’s cute how some put Dimma on a pedestal and refuse to see him as a great, but fallible, coach.
Maybe Dimma is missing Fly and Leppa.

There is no doubt that they were great assistants to Dimma.

Fly was a key, and its no surprise our defenders have been in somewhat a state of disconnect without Leppa's attention.

Not that I'd know, i'm just throwing it out there.

Reactions: 3 users
With the farce tribunal decision against Pickett the following:
Out: Naish, Pickett, Ralphsmith, Ross
In: Cotch, Prestia, Bolton, Caddy
If reports that Lynch us out are true then Chol to come in

Maybe Dimma is missing Fly and Leppa.

There is no doubt that they were great assistants to Dimma.

Fly was a key, and its no surprise our defenders have been in somewhat a state of disconnect without Leppa's attention.

Not that I'd know, i'm just throwing it out there.
Fair chuck I reckon!

Ins: Cotchin, Prestia, Bolton, CCJ (if they don't want another tall in, then Caddy must come in).
Outs: Naish, Pickett (suspended), Ross, Astbury (but knowing the match committee it'll be Ralphsmith)

With the farce tribunal decision against Pickett the following:
Out: Naish, Pickett, Ralphsmith, Ross
In: Cotch, Prestia, Bolton, Caddy
If reports that Lynch us out are true then Chol to come in
CCJ before Chol. Chol is lazy. He should move onto the Saints.

Ins: Cotchin, Prestia, Bolton, CCJ, Mansell
Outs: Naish, Pickett, Ralph- Smith, Lynch (Rest, Knee - 2 weeks), Ross (Ross probably sub again)

Great opportunity to see what CCJ can do for two weeks. I think he is the only player outside Nank (and Soldo) that can play as 1st ruck (if the need arises). Gives us a definite boost in the ruck and should bring the ball to ground in the forward line, bringing the likes of Castagna, Rioli and Aarts into the game. Mansell comes back in to release Baker to Wing - Forward. Expect our backline to be a bit more settled. Vlaustin has had a bit of rust but should be back to his reliable best soon. Like to see Astbury stay back and remain there - don't think his jaunts into the ruck have helped him or the team (not sure we need him against the smaller oppo forward lines). Ralph Smith will be a player but another stint in the VFL will be worthwhile. RCD has easily been the best of the recent inclusons - reckon he is in our best 22. Not sure about Naish, has shown some glimpses but is not consistent enough yet. Ross is probably 23-25 on our list - inevitably squeezed out when the cavalry is back.

Edwards, Pickett and maybe MRJ to come in V Bombres in the dreamtime match - may make for some interesting selection decisions?

If Lynch is out I would bring in both CCJ and Chol.

Chol swapping with CCJ between ruck and forward.

Reactions: 2 users