Changes V Eagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Eagles

Lambert and Cotch any chance this week. Did I also hear that Balta was doing some solid running only a few days after his injury, Balta back v Suns would be handy. Then we have the several VFL players who are close to a call up too. Good position to be in, pressure on match committee youth vs experience vs retuning injured champs.

Won’t be too much experimenting at the selection table - every week is just about must win now and the eagles will fancy themselves on the road I reckon.

Reactions: 1 user
i'll tell you one player who should not be dropped for the remainder of 2022 irresppective of performance? MRJ.

Reactions: 8 users
In George, Stack
Out Dion Judson

Lot calling for Soldo out but we were lopsided last week with him on the bench as Medi Sub. Titch medi sub

Dusty didn't train again today apparently. Hopefully he is available this week. I wonder when the last game we played without at least one of Dusty, Cotch or Meatball was ?

Dusty didn't train again today apparently. Hopefully he is available this week. I wonder when the last game we played without at least one of Dusty, Cotch or Meatball was ?
Not entirely sure, but it could have even happened last year.

Cumberland has to be given a go.

If RCD was in a bit better form he would come in for Prestia.

Out: Clarke , Gibcus , Prestia (inj), Edwards (rested)
In : Cumberland , Miller , Stack , Sonsie

Have to persist with 2 rucks, we just have no alternative as Nank can't be expected to take the load for the whole game. I expect this means Soldo and hope he can get into some form, but Samson Ryan must be a chance.

Prestia is clearly out. I would seriously consider giving Gibcus a rest, I would actually give him the week off and VFL next week then back into seniors, with the clear message that this is not a reflection on his form, but a reflection on the fact he is a first year player who has jumped up a couple of rungs from the games he was playing last year.

For Prestia I'm not sure if Cotch is not available, try Sonsie? Hmm, not sure he is ready. Dow hasn't been good of late, RCD looks a bust as a mid. Dunno really.

Gibcus rested should mean Miller gets a go, this would be a good outcome as Miller needs a go.

Must get Stack in so maybe CLarke back to the VFL. He is a first year player, no shame in getting a couple of senior games and then back to the VFL for more development. Clarke will be back, shows enough, needs development and some pre-seasons.

Would like to find a spot for Cumberland. Mid sized forward is not an easy position to play but he has shown he can be effective, just not sure who goes out.

Edwards is clearly struggling, but I'm not sure how competitive we can be in finals without Edwards playing well, maybe sub.

Never easy, we'll see on Thursday.

DS

Reactions: 9 users
so cotchin prestia and lambert won't be available
baker will have to move into the mid rotation
opens up a spot in the backline for stack
clarke and gibcus look tired
to be replaced by cumberland and miller
question is do we go with soldo in the ruck?
so
in - stack, cumberland, miller, soldo?
out - prestia, clarke, gibcus, ??

B.........Grimes.........Tarrant........Miller
HB......Rioli.............Vlastuin.......Broad
C........Pickett..........Baker...........McIntosh
HF......Bolton.........Martin.........Edwards
F.........Rioli..............Lynch............Riewoldt
R.........Nank...........Graham.........Ross
Int......Stack......Cumberland....Short....HRS/Soldo

In Cumberland Stack Cotchin
Out Prestia Clarke Soldo

Broad Grimes Tarrant
Baker Flossy Rioli
Kmac Shorty Pickett
Stack Jack MJ
Gibcus Lynch Bolton
Nank Martin Ross

Int: Cotchin Graham Cumberland Ralphsmith

Sub Edwards

Ins next week Balta Prestia Lambert!!

Edit I really should read the injury report. Cotch back out. Shed back in. Lambo sub. Ralphy half back. Baker into the guts.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Seen a bit of commentary about how the Eagles arent the same as we played last time, danger game etc.

What is driving that? A win against the bumbling bummers in Perth? Other than that, a loss against the Cats in Perth, a 30 point loss against the crows, 100 point loss v Dogs and 50 point loss against the Giants.

Naitanui back - he surely isnt going to be fit and he plays overweight when he is fit. McGovern out, Sheed out.

At the G, if we don't win this by at least 6 goals we are all wasting our time.

Reactions: 3 users
Seen a bit of commentary about how the Eagles arent the same as we played last time, danger game etc.

What is driving that? A win against the bumbling bummers in Perth? Other than that, a loss against the Cats in Perth, a 30 point loss against the crows, 100 point loss v Dogs and 50 point loss against the Giants.

Naitanui back - he surely isnt going to be fit and he plays overweight when he is fit. McGovern out, Sheed out.

At the G, if we don't win this by at least 6 goals we are all wasting our time.
given injury and covid are big parts of their poor year , not surprising they have bounced back a little

they have had 2 encouraging games at home

I think if we turn up with the right attitude we will get on top of them early and being away from their home crowd ,heads will drop and we will belt them

our big danger is being flat from last week

outs - Prestia

In - stack

Emg - Miller & Cumberland

Reactions: 2 users
If Baker moves into the middle to replace Dion, then I'd think that Mansell gets Baker's spot down back. Interestingly, Mansell had been playing up forward in the VFL in recent weeks but was moved back down to the backline last Sunday. Could be a hint in that. Clarke should be rested for either Stack or Cumberland. Both are deserving of another shot.

We really need Jack Graham and Jack Ross to have great games this week.

West Coast not the quickest team, if these two can play well / keep up with Shuey, Kelly or Redden around the ground, we could be ok.

Its not just Dion, Trent and Kane out - is Dusty OK? And with Shane playing below average, we are in a little trouble in the midfield.
It leaves a lot in the hands of the 2 x Jacks, Shai, Bakes and Shorty.