Changes v GC | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v GC

This game was all about who wants a career in footy as there are spaces wide open in the firsts right now and it seems that only a few put the effort in to be noticed
Yep.
Didn't mind R2D2 n Dow's efforts n thought Miller was reasonably tidy down back. Rossy was also o.k. but needs to tidy up some disposal work.

We seem to be playing the same stupid grumpy narky aggro footy at magoos level as we do at seniors and it's hurting us during play and on the scoreboard.

Bloody disappointed that Sausage, Stacka, Parker, Cadds, Eggs, Garp. Blokes who have been around the AFL system, are a bit more mature or supposedly more talented had minimal influence over the game

Naish and RCD tore up the VFL yesterday and Dow had a very good game too.

Reactions: 1 user
So it looks like we have Broad, Balta and Vlaustin out , so basically we need half a back line in , for me we have to have a look at either Miller or Garthwaite , not both , hopefully DTLD is back , I’d like to see a Nigel back in , wasn’t great yesterday but I think he has a future back there , certainly not against getting Stack back in ( have a feeling this is his last year at Punt rd) . Chol is done for me, no need to play him anymore , he‘s not in our future and there’s no way you’d entertain wasting the money on him he supposedly has been offered. The conundrum I have , doubt MC will, is Aarts and Georgie , Aarts has played some good footy this year, then had a couple of poor ones , Georgie has had a poor season, however played a very good game a couple weeks game , I’ve always wanted to ad “class” to the kaos, question is do we have class to ad ? MJ is miles away , Syds playing down back , DRioli is in Dimmas re build house , so I’d like to see Parker added to the forward half team . Not at all against getting Dow into the team by playing him forward for the time been , though he looks like his still struggling to get weight back on due his appendicitis. I’ve been disappointed with Shorty over the last month , can we see how he goes on a wing ? Not sure because our wingman are simply that wingman , hard runn8ng defensive wingers, geez I’d love to ad a goal kicking wingman to that mix .

with a few out and this season very much still alive id just like to see a little tweak by adding a little hardness and a bit of dare in our footy

Chaos needs to make way for skill, out Castagna in Caddy.

RCD, Dow and Stack are the most likely of our youngsters, get them in.

Tried that yesterday Tooter. Radio broadcast was about five to ten seconds ahead of you tube, no idea if there's a way to align the two so wound up watching the game like an old silent movie n provided my own commentary.

Yeah, I watched it and listened to the commentary but geez it was hard as commentary was 5 secs ahead of the play. Overall too much tall timber out of the reserves that were needed to play in the seniors.

Apparently Rowan Marshall was underdone on Friday night...but he was still influential. We are desperate for Nank to come back but apparently not ready til the next week. How about 50% of Nank?

50% of Nank is far greater than 100% Chol any day. Or maybe get Chol to fake a injury at quarter time and bring Nank on as the sub for the last 3 quarters. But it will be hard for Chol to get away with pulling a fake hamstring when you take such short steps.

Cl;ub needs to bite the bullett , big changes and to get games into these kids for the next 8 games ,win or lose to me it doesnt matter , play RCD,MRJ, DOW , ROSS ,MARTIN ,RALPH SMITH, NAISH \MiILLER , STACK etc lets get a jump on the competition for next year.
We have played 5 new kids this year , so lets give another 5 a chance.

Chol is better when he is second string to Nankas have to persevere the cupboard is bare. Out injured players and Castagna Houli Ryan. In Caddy, Miller, RCD, Ross, Drioli, Naish

Cl;ub needs to bite the bullett , big changes and to get games into these kids for the next 8 games ,win or lose to me it doesnt matter , play RCD,MRJ, DOW , ROSS ,MARTIN ,RALPH SMITH, NAISH \MiILLER , STACK etc lets get a jump on the competition for next year.
We have played 5 new kids this year , so lets give another 5 a chance.
we have at least 3 changes to make in our back line and a couple in our forward line. I would consider 4 of the above. I would switch Pickett on half back, JC on wing (more freedom to move), if not then Naish/ Ralph Smith, Caddy in the forward line. Bring in Miller for Sampson (not yet ready at this moment) with the option of forward/back/ruck, RCD a must (getting outdone in the centre. Stack in, against the GC, this could be the game to fire him up for the rest of season. Garth replacing Balta (back / forward)

Reactions: 1 users
The idea that Geelong will be there without us to mess with them, is giving me &@#%x2.

yeah its a bit like a drawn out 2018 gf week feeling.

with the tigers hobbled,

we'll have to endure a sub-standard premier

So it looks like we have Broad, Balta and Vlaustin out , so basically we need half a back line in , for me we have to have a look at either Miller or Garthwaite , not both , hopefully DTLD is back , I’d like to see a Nigel back in , wasn’t great yesterday but I think he has a future back there , certainly not against getting Stack back in ( have a feeling this is his last year at Punt rd) . Chol is done for me, no need to play him anymore , he‘s not in our future and there’s no way you’d entertain wasting the money on him he supposedly has been offered. The conundrum I have , doubt MC will, is Aarts and Georgie , Aarts has played some good footy this year, then had a couple of poor ones , Georgie has had a poor season, however played a very good game a couple weeks game , I’ve always wanted to ad “class” to the kaos, question is do we have class to ad ? MJ is miles away , Syds playing down back , DRioli is in Dimmas re build house , so I’d like to see Parker added to the forward half team . Not at all against getting Dow into the team by playing him forward for the time been , though he looks like his still struggling to get weight back on due his appendicitis. I’ve been disappointed with Shorty over the last month , can we see how he goes on a wing ? Not sure because our wingman are simply that wingman , hard runn8ng defensive wingers, geez I’d love to ad a goal kicking wingman to that mix .

with a few out and this season very much still alive id just like to see a little tweak by adding a little hardness and a bit of dare in our footy

i agree with all that except our season is alive.

i simply cant see us restricting cats or lions to 10 goals without Balta and Broad.

to win the flag, i think we'd need 1. Have a tall come from the clouds (miller, garthwaite) 2. Make some unfathomable move (reiwoldt or nank to the backline) 3. Find a way to kick 20 goals a week, and/or 4. Find ourselves in a steve bradbury situation, somehow in a grandfinal against footscray or sydney.

too much to go right for this ex-optimist

Reactions: 2 users
i agree with all that except our season is alive.

i simply cant see us restricting cats or lions to 10 goals without Balta and Broad.

to win the flag, i think we'd need 1. Have a tall come from the clouds (miller, garthwaite) 2. Make some unfathomable move (reiwoldt or nank to the backline) 3. Find a way to kick 20 goals a week, and/or 4. Find ourselves in a steve bradbury situation, somehow in a grandfinal against footscray or sydney.

too much to go right for this ex-optimist
Darksider

teams get nervous around the Tiges in September and October, a little injection of youth a few wake up calls and we are back in the game

Reactions: 2 users
And keeping players in the team who are consistently not contributing has got us to exactly where?
Last week Caddy and Rioli finally were dropped.
Castagna and Houli must be very very close.
Caddy was likely always going to be dropped with Pickett coming back. Rioli was basically out for Prestia. I'm with AngryAnt, if 3 of our backline are already going out, there's no way Houli will be dropped. If Castagna goes out, it will likely be for Rioli, but I think Castagna will stay. Didn't play as I would like but picked up a few possies and had reasonable pressure stats. Our forward line has big issues. Nothing really ready yet to replace them.

Darksider

teams get nervous around the Tiges in September and October, a little injection of youth a few wake up calls and we are back in the game

I carried a few soldiers who fell, back in the summer of '16,

its my turn to be lifted up.

its just a flesh wound.

Darksider

its just a flesh wound.

its just a flesh wound.

iu

its just a flesh wound.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users