Changes v lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v lolNorf

Pretty sure we didn't have two competitive rucks in this game anyway. In fact they were slaughtered like they are most weeks.
It’s a major issue. Nank at 199cm and no real jump gets beaten at most centre bounces and around the ground throw ups. Puts us at a disadvantage straight away.

When his marketing game is on, he offers around the ground versatility plus he can win clearance - these are his strengths.

Soldo gives us the opposite - can win hit outs & and that’s about it. Not convinced he always sends them in the right direction but he’s far more competitive against the bigger rucks. However his marking is average at best & offers little when the ball is on the ground.

A real weakness is that neither can play forward. So what do we do?

Unlikely that both will improve to be anything than they currently are. Nank is a 3-time premiership player & a competitor so he stays.

Soldo is a No 1 ruck back up. He plays VFL until such time his weaknesses improve. I’d be inclined to give Ryan a go for the rest of the year just to see. He’s going to get that chance anyway due to injury but he’s 206cm and mobile - right size. Better prepared 12 months on for us to have a look.

Will Balta be back? Next weekend will be 28 days I think. Dusty too? Trent? Vlaustin. Gibcus. They’d be 5 handy ins.

Assuming Cotch, Dusty and Balta are a week away and Soldo misses

Out: Lynch, Soldo, Nank, Castagna, Aarts

In: Cumberland, Ryan, Vlastuin, Sonsie, Bauer
having an additional centre and forward player is good. Maybe Gibus forward? Edwards sub.

Wouldn’t be playing Ross if it was hamstring “awareness” yesterday.

I believe Ross was knee related?, that they named him and took him may suggest it was bone bruising or just a jarred knee but didn't come up?

Reactions: 1 users
Will Balta be back? Next weekend will be 28 days I think. Dusty too? Trent? Vlaustin. Gibcus. They’d be 5 handy ins.
Nanks and Lynch out is huge. Not sure after his type of injury that we'd be throwing Balta into the ruck, if at all.

Is Ryan injured? If he isn't, Dimma saying "We mightn't have any rucks next week, so it's going to be a challenge" is hardly a ringing endorsement.

Injuries create opportunities.

In Ryan, Sonsie, Gibcus, Ross, Vlastuin, Clarke
Out Nank, Soldo, Lynch, Dow, Castagna...........MJ:unsure:

Gibcus to play forward.

Noah Balta Hamstring 1-2 weeks
Trent Cotchin Clavicle 1-3 weeks
Dustin Martin Hamstring 1-2 weeks
Dion Prestia Concussion Test
Sydney Stack Cheekbone TBC
Nick Vlastuin Suspension Round 18
Updated: July 5, 2022

When is the last time your 2 rucks got injured in the same game?

Reactions: 2 users

Balta hasn't joined the main group yet but both he and Cotch who is still not doing contact work and Dusty were moved to, 'SHORT TERM' on Tuesday's injury report.
I believe all were being set for the Freo game but perhaps it is time to just roll the dice and throw conservatism out the window?

Reactions: 2 users
I believe Ross was knee related?, that they named him and took him may suggest it was bone bruising or just a jarred knee but didn't come up?
Guess he’s a possibility then, thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
Balta hasn't joined the main group yet but both he and Cotch who is still not doing contact work and Dusty were moved to, 'SHORT TERM' on Tuesday's injury report.
I believe all were being set for the Freo game but perhaps it is time to just roll the dice and throw conservatism out the window?
Yep. I've dropped my bundle. With Nank out, just play and experience the kids. Even if we make finals, we'll drop out first game. Test the kids out.

our goal should be to make finals and have a full list. we can still go deep in September....even from 8th