Changes V Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Saints

I dont think we were all bullish until about half way through the last quarter of the GF.
I remember taking a leak at 3QT and saying to the bloke next to me that I expect to see us get rolled in the last qtr...that was the attitude of a scarred RFC supporter in those days!

Reactions: 1 user
For those interested in the VFL, click on the link to view live channels and team for Sunday.

Reactions: 3 users
For those interested in the VFL, click on the link to view live channels and team for Sunday.
Colina and Parker both named for their debuts in the VFL.

Pickett and Dan Rioli both named in the VFL as well.

Balmey on the TT podcast mentioned a tall player taking a lot of marks in last weeks scratch match but seemed reluctant to mention the players name so as not to hype up the player too much. Was it Ryan or Colina?

Colina and Parker both named for their debuts in the VFL.

Pickett and Dan Rioli both named in the VFL as well.
I feel Dimma will now review the small running players on a week to week basis to see who fits in well with our proposed 3 talls attack. Rioli/Caddy/Pickett/Cas/Arts/Parker/RCD/Ross/Ralphy will all get time but not week after week, only if they play well.
Judging by Balme's few choice words CCJ is well ahead of Chol in the forward line, in the Ruck as second option CCJ may have the numbers pushing Chol out.
Our back line is settled (only one possible option to come in David A),
Forward line of Tom, Jack, Dusty, CCJ, Lambert and Shai,
Rucks - Nank, Trent, Shane, Dion,
on the bench Jack G.
Mac to hold one wing.
This leaves 4 spots for grabs (in no particular order Arts, Rioli, Pickett, Cas second string Caddy, Parker third string RCD, Ross, Ralphy)

Marlion and Rioli both named in the VFL.

Balmey on the TT podcast mentioned a tall player taking a lot of marks in last weeks scratch match but seemed reluctant to mention the players name so as not to hype up the player too much. Was it Ryan or Colina?
Probably Sampson.

Old Mate hasnt played yet I think his debutting in the 2's this week.

I think you can obscurely hear Richo mentioning it was Mate`

I don't that is right. It was at the end of 2016. Weren't we all pretty bullish mid year 2017 even after those heartbreaking losses?

Don't want to read that in case of the high probability I said something stupid.

• Haha
Don't want to read that in case of the high probability I said something stupid.

Reading through I said some stupid things in it as well. Dyer 'Ere got it spot on, said we don't need a rebuild, trading Lids was enough. How's this for prescient?

I think we'll get five senior players out of Castagna, Butler, Short, Oleg, Graham, Shai, Menadue. And one role player of Soldo, Garthwaite, Seymour.

Normally I don't understand what the 'ell Dyer 'ere is talkin about but he got this perfect.

Some on here famously wanted the coach sacked and the rebuild to begin halfway through the 2017 season. Never forget.
Hardwick admitted he had to change after 2016. The people like me that wanted him sacked were completely justifed.....by Hardwick's admission he had to change his coaching. I will never forget because I was right and Hardwick admitted his mistakes and has grown the club from his mistakes. He is a wonderful example of leadership. Not may people in public life admit mistakes. That's why Hardwick is so special. He admitted he was wrong, adjusted and the club embraced his vulnerability , but more important his leadership. He is the best coach in the league because he he learns from his mistakes. It's not a coincidence that we have not lost a match to a team that has beaten us in a season. Hardwick is Tommy Haffey legend! :)

Hardwick admitted he had to change after 2016. The people like me that wanted him sacked were completely justifed.....by Hardwick's admission he had to change his coaching. I will never forget because I was right and Hardwick admitted his mistakes and has grown the club from his mistakes. He is a wonderful example of leadership. Not may people in public life admit mistakes. That's why Hardwick is so special. He admitted he was wrong, adjusted and the club embraced his vulnerability , but more important his leadership. He is the best coach in the league because he he learns from his mistakes. It's not a coincidence that we have not lost a match to a team that has beaten us in a season. Hardwick is Tommy Haffey legend! :)

Yep the people who wanted him sacked were right and the people who wanted to keep him on were wrong

Geez. Poor Barren, reckon he got that just a tad wrong. Probably more than happy to be proven to have been well and truly wide of the mark.

Ever heard of context simple jack? Timing?

Yep, turns out the people who saw clear improvement since Dimma started and recognised Dimma was a good coach were right.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. We are all winners!!!!

I just scrolled it. There's some doozies in there. But let's focus on the positives. This is pretty good from Baloo on June 5, 2017:

Ian4 said:
do you legitimately believe we can win the flag this year?
Our new style/plan/brand is 11 matches old. We have a toddler mossie fleet in the forward half create chaos. Prestia & Caddy haven't yet played 10 real games with their team mates.

You'd think given another 11 games to hone, perfect and tweek what we are doing, there is a good chance we go into the Finals with a game the the opposition struggle to combat.

Like the Dogs last year, we are a real chance of winning it if we can get into it.

Reactions: 1 users
Yep, turns out the people who saw clear improvement since Dimma started and recognised Dimma was a good coach were right.
Agree in terms of the reality today. However, you have missed the point. Hardwick has admitted himself he stuffed up and had to change. That's why he is a great coach. He is a great coach because he changed. Anyone who thinks he was a good coach in 2016 contradicts Hardwick himself! We are clearly all better for his and managements review of 2016. Peace brother :)

Reactions: 3 users
Agree in terms of the reality today. However, you have missed the point. Hardwick has admitted himself he stuffed up and had to change. That's why he is a great coach. He is a great coach because he changed. Anyone who thinks he was a good coach in 2016 contradicts Hardwick himself! We are clearly all better for his and managements review of 2016. Peace brother :)
Nice sentiments silver...

I figure admitting he needed to change was what kept him his job. Good decision but if Dimma had tried to continue the way he went in 2016 I don't think they would have kept him on.

DS

Reactions: 1 users