Changes v Skunks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Skunks

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
For some reason I think that this will be the game that Hugo breaks out,hopefully not with pimples.

Reactions: 2 users

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
A little underwhelming. Can't get my head around what has happened to Cumberland
They’re trying to add strings to his bow in the VFL. Same as what they did with Dan Rioli (albeit he changed from HF to HB). Cumbo for a couple of years was pretty much an undersized key forward in the VFL. Our tall forward stocks a couple years back were so bad we had Garthwaite up forward, so Noah was our main target. He needs to rework his role up forward with more defensive pressure as that small/mid sized forward. Everyone needs to be patient. It’s a long year and if Cumbo starts to “get” his new role he’ll be back

Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Juddy had good pre-season form and unlucky not to be selected round 1. His game wasn't great on the weekend but if you listen to Dimma's press conference today on Juddy specifically he said he is not concerned with VFL possession numbers but his running patterns and how that will equate to the expanses of the bigger grounds like the G.

Hugo not coming in in his best form but we needed the run so ok with seeing him at AFL level again.

Cumberland could still be the sub but he was by far the worst of our AFL listed boys in the VFL last week.

Morris's VFL report backs this up. They were happy with Juddy's game at the weekend, as his running patterns were very good. Morris commented that we didn't look for him enough. Its the style of player that we are looking for as well, what are they doing off the ball as much as on it. The good running patterns are indicative of a good player.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Juddy had good pre-season form and unlucky not to be selected round 1. His game wasn't great on the weekend but if you listen to Dimma's press conference today on Juddy specifically he said he is not concerned with VFL possession numbers but his running patterns and how that will equate to the expanses of the bigger grounds like the G.

Hugo not coming in in his best form but we needed the run so ok with seeing him at AFL level again.

Cumberland could still be the sub but he was by far the worst of our AFL listed boys in the VFL last week.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Haven't been a big fan of Ross but all reports are that he was excellent in the VFL last week, if he was better than the others fighting for a spot then Ross should be in.

Am worried about Ralphsmith, not convinced he is AFL level. Oh well, he's got his chance, hope he does well.

Not convinced Cumberland needs to be re-programmed, he was fine as a small forward.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Morris's VFL report backs this up. They were happy with Juddy's game at the weekend, as his running patterns were very good. Morris commented that we didn't look for him enough. Its the style of player that we are looking for as well, what are they doing off the ball as much as on it. The good running patterns are indicative of a good player.
Should recruit some NFL guys as they are pretty good with running patterns

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Cumberland can't get picked because he had a bad game last week but was dominant in the ones at the back end of last year. Hugo and Clarke are picked despite poor games last and "god preseasons".

Doesn't make sense.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Should recruit some NFL guys as they are pretty good with running patterns

Thats a pretty dumb comment (but about right for you). If you think Footy is just what you do with the ball, then it shows why some of your comments about players is how they are, and proves you know nothing about footy.

Maybe look at why Kane Lambert was so good for us.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Ross was always going to play. He was our best last week in the VFL. Logical replacement for Hopper.

Reactions: 2 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
We have almost never run a defensive role on any opposition player during Hardwick's time, I can't see it changing now.

We will set ourselves up and back our footy to win.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
last game Riewoldt hand balled ball in front of Mansell who went into open goal :rolleyes:
battlers shouldn’t be played before genuine forwards
Great play by Nigel to work hard and get off his back man to create the option for Jaaack to hand ball to. Genuine forward under pressure releases to the hard working battler who finished the job with aplomb.

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Ross was always going to play. He was our best last week in the VFL. Logical replacement for Hopper.

I get it Aces but the numbers don’t tell the full story.

Time and again we’ve seen that Ross’s disposal isn’t AFL standard.

Just one of those “almost” players for mine.

Reactions: 1 users

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I get it Aces but the numbers don’t tell the full story.

Time and again we’ve seen that Ross’s disposal isn’t AFL standard.

Just one of those “almost” players for mine.
End of last year with confidence his disposal was near elite. Some selective memory there form the past and one kick last week. It’s his defensive pressure is his biggest issue I reckon not his disposal.

Reactions: 3 users