Changes v Skunks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Skunks

Reckon Sonz played to outside n didn't achieve much while the Cummerbund unfortunately pretty much stunk it up at magoos level today. Wouldn't consider either for the Colonwood game.
Cumberland going backwards as he learns a new role isn’t a big surprise.
Pretty normal because it impacts normal game style

Reactions: 1 users
You’d drop Ryan for Bradtke?
Unreal.
Just an idea to create some discussion and it may well work! Obviously I have not been able to watch many of these guys up close so my opinions are based on highlight reels. Admittedly Bradtke was playing VFL against mediocre opponents but he wasn't easily pushed of the ball whereas yesterday Ryan was at times. When Ryan bulks up a bit to match his height he will be a better player. Just my opinion and ready to be convinced otherwise

We have struggled with defensive transition, and are playing a team that moves the ball well. I cant see us moving one of our strong wingmen (KMac) to the backline where he is just ok.

The more I think about it the more I can see Mansell coming into the 22.

Could get the job on Daicos.

Just an idea to create some discussion and it may well work! Obviously I have not been able to watch many of these guys up close so my opinions are based on highlight reels. Admittedly Bradtke was playing VFL against mediocre opponents but he wasn't easily pushed off the ball whereas yesterday Ryan was at times. When Ryan bulks up a bit to match his height he will be a better player. Just my opinion and ready to be convinced otherwise
Bradtke is miles off playing AFL. Needs to play a year in the VFL.

Reactions: 6 users
Not taken with either Ross or Mansell.
Smash through or a spectacular fail.
We are going to go in tall.

In Clarke Cumberland and Miller.
Out Broad Martin and Mansell.

B Young Balta Vlastuin
HB Short Grimes Rioli D,
C McIntosh Hopper Pickett
HF Baker (N Daicos) Graham Bolton
F Cumberland Lynch Ryan
R Nankervis Taranto Prestia
I/C Clarke Cotchin Riewoldt Rioli M Jr
Sub Miller.

If Lynch is fit we need to drop Riewoldt. Cant have all 3 talls in our forward line given the way Lollingwood run it out.

If we are going in tall we need mrj to put a lot more pressure on in the f50. I don't think he is doing enough honestly. Hardly touches it and not enough scoreboard impact too. I thought Mansell did more in 1 qtr than mrj in 3. Maybe mrj to be the sub for this week. Mansell's aggro and niggle would be welcomed against the pies too

Yeah put Mansell on Daicos and show him that AFL isn’t all beer and skittles

Weirdly I’m somewhat hopeful we can go with Collingwood on Friday.

I have a feeling Dimma and the coaches are setting us up so we can get the ‘easy’ goals as well as our trademark scrappy ‘hard’ ones.

Exhibit A - a midfield that can generate contested ball. I mean, get outta here. Hasn’t been a thing in forever.

Exhibit B - Land of the giants. Three talls plus Dusty (or Cumbo). Marking talls are easy goals. Marking talls are low fuel ticket goals. Essential in todays frenetic meta.

So if we bring a turnover game also, one might say we have more avenues to goal than Collingwood, though they have more polish by foot.

They also have more speed. An element we can do something about at selection.

Clarke, Miller and Mansell (promoted) into the starting lineup

Sonsie seems like the perfect sub

Broad, Young and Short out

Reactions: 1 user
I think it will only be required changes. Miller for Broad and if no Dusty probably Ross. I also think Mansell will remain as sub. Wouldn’t mind seeing Biggie get a go. If he puts in more games like yesterday that will happen, though.

Throw short back behind the ball. He’s been listless playing up the ground, really needs to get his mojo back and the shorter collingwood forward line is the perfect opportunity.

Bring either sonsie or Clark in, need that pace/class desperately

Reactions: 1 user
We have struggled with defensive transition, and are playing a team that moves the ball well. I cant see us moving one of our strong wingmen (KMac) to the backline where he is just ok.
he did a pretty good job in the 2020 GF

I feel Good about Friday night. Pies will be ripe for a smashing.

Me too.

The media will be saying it’s a big test for us. Nope. it’s a big test for them.

Gonna be cool and wet this week, so they won't be playing on a fast track for the 3rd consecutive week.

And even if we have a couple out... siege mentality,

Reactions: 3 users
he did a pretty good job in the 2020 GF
He did. he is ok there. he is a better wingman though, i reckon he and Pickett might have to work hard to stop the Pies from transitioning the ball easily.
and i dont think any likely wing replacements- Ross, Short, Clarke, Hugo would be nearly as effective.

Reactions: 3 users
Bradtke is miles off playing AFL. Needs to play a year in the VFL.

Yes despite his 5 first half goals he was poor in the 2nd half, he conceded quite a few intercept marks, and failed to crash some packs when he had the opportunity to do so.
It was a good start but much more to learn and add to his game to be successful at next level.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes despite his 5 first half goals he was poor in the 2nd half, he conceded quite a few intercept marks, and failed to crash some packs when he had the opportunity to do so.
It was a good start but much more to learn and add to his game to be successful at next level.
I suspect the fitness is not there and he blew up.

It seemed like they flooded some numbers back as well and also went a lot slower moving the ball from their back half. We went from 7 goals in the first quarter to 9 for the rest of the game. He and Bauer, as a combination, will be an exciting watch in the VFL this year