Changes v Skunks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Skunks

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Ross was always going to play. He was our best last week in the VFL. Logical replacement for Hopper.
As long as he plays the Ross role then i think he is a worthy inclusion. If they play him on the wing or down back or anywhere else its a terrible inclusion

Reactions: 1 user

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Thats a pretty dumb comment (but about right for you). If you think Footy is just what you do with the ball, then it shows why some of your comments about players is how they are, and proves you know nothing about footy.

Maybe look at why Kane Lambert was so good for us.
Lol. You obviously dont do sarcasm or understand a bit of fun. Nevermind. My point is we are not selecting what was a very bright and promising glimpse of what Cumberland can produce last year and for some uknown reason he suddenly has to play VFL because he plays too similar to one of the greatest we have seen and also needs to learn new tricks. I thought he showed some great tricks last year so why not build on those.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Mansell got in the best position to help us get the draw Round 1
Mansell as the perfect Sub got in the best position to kick start the final Q to win Round 2

think the haters need to get off this blokes back and support a young man playing for the club they apparently support
get over yourselves

Reactions: 17 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
As long as he plays the Ross role then i think he is a worthy inclusion. If they play him on the wing or down back or anywhere else its a terrible inclusion
I think we will see him in the guts tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users

Bourke30JC33

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 15, 2021
RFC - Back to Back Dynasties
The Geelong game was a shoot out, then the Pies came over the top.
Tonight's game was more of a slow tempo grind, maybe that's the way to approach it.
Controlling the tempo would be key, because they would seek to run fast.
Target N Daicos and Noble early on, send a message.
Probably play MRJ a little more in defence.
In terms of forwards, Bolton has been hit and miss, hope he steps up.
Have been impressed by Judson as a floating HFF.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The Geelong game was a shoot out, then the Pies came over the top.
Tonight's game was more of a slow tempo grind, maybe that's the way to approach it.
Controlling the tempo would be key, because they would seek to run fast.
Target N Daicos and Noble early on, send a message.
Probably play MRJ a little more in defence.
In terms of forwards, Bolton has been hit and miss, hope he steps up.
Have been impressed by Judson as a floating HFF.
Yep.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I'm ok with the changes. Sonz obviously needs more conditioning. We needed to bring in a backman with Broad and Short out, so Hugo makes sense. Hope he seizes the chance. Love seeing Juddy in, as Dimma said AFL footy on the G suits him better than VFL at PRO.

We're gonna win.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Mansell got in the best position to help us get the draw Round 1
Mansell as the perfect Sub got in the best position to kick start the final Q to win Round 2

think the haters need to get off this blokes back and support a young man playing for the club they apparently support
get over yourselves
Nuh I support Cumbo given the same chance as Mansell
George in his latter years was gifted games and called out he wasn’t upto it
Then it was FArts turn he was gifted games till eventually the penny dropped he’s not AFL standard
In comes Cumbo stars kicking goals playing as a forward That’s too easy it’s supposed to be hard
Heres an idea let’s turn Cumbo into a mid and put a battling HBF from the VFL in his spot (Mansell) :bash

Reactions: 2 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
They’re trying to add strings to his bow in the VFL. Same as what they did with Dan Rioli (albeit he changed from HF to HB). Cumbo for a couple of years was pretty much an undersized key forward in the VFL. Our tall forward stocks a couple years back were so bad we had Garthwaite up forward, so Noah was our main target. He needs to rework his role up forward with more defensive pressure as that small/mid sized forward. Everyone needs to be patient. It’s a long year and if Cumbo starts to “get” his new role he’ll be back
His form last year was good enough I thought, easily

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Cumberland can't get picked because he had a bad game last week but was dominant in the ones at the back end of last year. Hugo and Clarke are picked despite poor games last and "god preseasons".

Doesn't make sense.
Exactly

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Cumberland can't get picked because he had a bad game last week but was dominant in the ones at the back end of last year. Hugo and Clarke are picked despite poor games last and "god preseasons".

Doesn't make sense.
I agree it's odd.
Dimma said he's not playing cause Dusty is playing in his spot..
He's already shown he's AFL quality..so.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
End of last year with confidence his disposal was near elite. Some selective memory there form the past and one kick last week. It’s his defensive pressure is his biggest issue I reckon not his disposal.

I think he has learned to control his disposal and work within his extreme limitations.

Ross will bite off a quick 25m pass that does not advance our cause in any great way. He’ll link up and be serviceable but I would argue we need more than that if we’re to compete with the best.

I also think we now have the youthful depth to leave the likes of Ross behind.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
I think he has learned to control his disposal and work within his extreme limitations.

Ross will bite off a quick 25m pass that does not advance our cause in any great way. He’ll link up and be serviceable but I would argue we need more than that if we’re to compete with the best.

I also think we now have the youthful depth to leave the likes of Ross behind.
I also think he kicked better and had more penetration in late games last year than what you suggest here. His use was actually very good.
Big couple of weeks for him, could make or break him if our mids all stay fit

Reactions: 2 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
I posed the question after the Carlton game who was Mansell playing on in that game and it was sugested that he was playing on Saad.

Saad had 18 possessions to Mansells 7 (with 2 tackles and 12 pressure acts) It is worth noting that Cumberland averaged 12 pressure acts and 1.9 tackles last year.

Maybe it wasn't Saad so maybe some-one can tell us who he was playing on.

I believe that there is something deeper going on between Hardwick and Cumberland as the stats don't justify his non selection

It maybe something as left field such as in the players contracts that if x amount of games are played then a bonus is paid and this would tip us over the salary cap.

We probaly will never know so hopefully we will see Cumberland up in the ones in the near future.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I got no issue with Mansell his doing his job .
I think that's it with Mansell. He's doing his job.

Personally, I wouldn't be selecting him, because he really hasn't shown much at either level to justify being selected as a forward, and it seems a little skewed that some have to beat the door down, and some just have to knock.

Having said that, he's done his job this year in the firsts. He's not a great user judging by his career to date, but there's been no issues there in the first two rounds. He's fast and he's tough.

What makes me scratch my chin, is knowing that he's never gonna kick 5+ goals, and Cumberland might. But I guess selection's not that easy.

Mansell is a logical in tonight, and has done what is required of him so far this year.