Changes verses the Swannies - Easter Round | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes verses the Swannies - Easter Round

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
little bemused by the team selection..
not sure what the Coaches are aiming at this year but you'd think in the transitional state we're in
that you'd reward effort and punish non-effort?
even if it's just to have a look at some other names on the bigger stage

Reactions: 2 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
For those looking for some kind of intent with the changes, look no further than Melbourne’s game plan - hugely contested stoppages as a means of defending.

Not surprising that he’d wanna keep as many midfielders in as he can, including a ruck rotation to boot.

The way we play is already a lot different to the Dimma method of strangling the ball back and off to the races.

Yze just wants to win the ball. Dow is one of the few true midfielders we have off Dimma’s list and he will be persisted with as long as humanly possible.

McAuliffe is a monty for an Yze-coached side. Makes sense to let the lad debut with friends and family watching in SA.

Reactions: 6 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
To many senior players not playing well are being gifted games that's a concern. Match committee are either clueless or got blinkers on stuck in the past.

Reactions: 1 user

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
It makes sense to debut McAuliffe in SA. My other thought, he was incredible in the VFL last week, but hardly sighted in the last quarter - not sure if he was being rested on the bench or simply faded due to lack of endurance.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
It makes sense to debut McAuliffe in SA. My other thought, he was incredible in the VFL last week, but hardly sighted in the last quarter - not sure if he was being rested on the bench or simply faded due to lack of endurance.
Might have had a touch of leather poisoning from his first 3 quarters :LOL:

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Match committee giving Dow more chances than he deserves. They clearly want him to succeed. I think that when the axe does eventually fall, that will be it for Thomson. He will never play at the top level again.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
We have had a lot of posts over the pre season about giving young players an extended run at it but then we have complaints about players being given an extended run …

This is not necessarily the team I would pick but I understand why some like Moju, Dow, Banks etc are being given a few games rather than just in and then out again.

Mcauliffe’s time will come soon enough. I’d also like to see Cumberland get another shot at some point as well as a couple of others like Clarke and Bauer.

Reactions: 5 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Yze won’t make wholesale changes. He said in his presser last week that the team has been unsettled due to the injuries we have had.

I am expecting only the two changes.

MRJ and Sonsie to come in at the expense of Banks and Lefau.

Miller to hold his spot over Young.

Lefau to be the sub.

Miller - McLean
Grimes - MacDonald
Vlastuin - Amartey
Broad to to take Heeney when resting forward.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
We have had a lot of posts over the pre season about giving young players an extended run at it but then we have complaints about players being given an extended run …

This is not necessarily the team I would pick but I understand why some like Moju, Dow, Banks etc are being given a few games rather than just in and then out again.

Mcauliffe’s time will come soon enough. I’d also like to see Cumberland get another shot at some point as well as a couple of others like Clarke and Bauer.
But it’s the same ones that get gifted games and failed
I don’t see Clarke Cumbo Coulthard Hugo given a run of games